Vezel 1.5x Vs Vezel Hybrid

unlikely can churn out such a high figure if not turbo charged. Non turbo charged car won't have high torque unless they are diesel.

Yeah. Even Honda Civic 1.5T can't reach 250NM
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Don't think so, the other thread is pretty comprehensive

That one is general while this thread is more specific perhaps ?

• Praise 3

Yeah. Even Honda Civic 1.5T can't reach 250NM

Civic don't have electric engine. Vezel has an electric engine which could possibly increase the torque to 250 if turbocharged it. i.e Petrol engine churn out 200Nm and electric engine churn out 50Nm. Total 200Nm, something like that.

Civic don't have electric engine. Vezel has an electric engine which could possibly increase the torque to 250 if turbocharged it. i.e Petrol engine churn out 200Nm and electric engine churn out 50Nm. Total 200Nm, something like that.

Since when vezel petrol engine can produce 200nm?

Since when vezel petrol engine can produce 200nm?

i.e = example. None of the 1.6L and below non turbo car can churn out 200Nm.

So you saying vezel hybrid can produce 200nm?

no 1.6L non turbo can hit 200Nm of torque. 1.8L also cannot hit this figure. Only Turbo cars can hit such torque rating.

no 1.6L non turbo can hit 200Nm of torque. 1.8L also cannot hit this figure. Only Turbo cars can hit such torque rating.

Maybe it's mechanism works in a way that , yes it has 250NM. But the acceleration is still close to 10 seconds.

Same theory was diesel cars, high torque but still slow acceleration. I don't really see torque numbers as part of a car's power. I usually look for acceleration 0-100km/h timings

Maybe it's mechanism works in a way that , yes it has 250NM. But the acceleration is still close to 10 seconds.

Same theory was diesel cars, high torque but still slow acceleration. I don't really see torque numbers as part of a car's power. I usually look for acceleration 0-100km/h timings

there's a lot of factors in how fast a car can accelerate. For a layman, looking at 0 to 100 will do. but for car lovers, they will look at BHP and Torque. BHP is how fast a car can go up to, the higher the BHP, the higher the speed it can achieve. The higher the torque, the more power it has to push to it to high speed.

As for diesel car, it doesn't have slow acceleration. In fact, diesel car can accelerate fast if the gear ratio is right. As diesel car has short power range(they run out of breathe at 4000rpm), keeping the rev at 1500 to 3000 rpm is the best. Hence, having more gears in diesel turbo car is the trick to keep diesel car power and fast. Reason being the engine is always in the power band and the power band produce the most power.

For sharing.

• Praise 2

there's a lot of factors in how fast a car can accelerate. For a layman, looking at 0 to 100 will do. but for car lovers, they will look at BHP and Torque. BHP is how fast a car can go up to, the higher the BHP, the higher the speed it can achieve. The higher the torque, the more power it has to push to it to high speed.

As for diesel car, it doesn't have slow acceleration. In fact, diesel car can accelerate fast if the gear ratio is right. As diesel car has short power range(they run out of breathe at 4000rpm), keeping the rev at 1500 to 3000 rpm is the best. Hence, having more gears in diesel turbo car is the trick to keep diesel car power and fast. Reason being the engine is always in the power band and the power band produce the most power.

For sharing.

So why Volvo S60 diesel has higher torque than the petrol version. ( both 2L ) but the petrol accelerates faster from 0-100km/h ?

So why Volvo S60 diesel has higher torque than the petrol version. ( both 2L ) but the petrol accelerates faster from 0-100km/h ?

because the number of gears and the power band.

lets say for gear 1 in petrol, it can rev up to 5000 to 6000rpm. In this gear 1, the speed already went up to 40 to 50km/h.

For diesel, gear 1 bring it up to 20 to 30km/h, because the engine rev up to max 4000rpm. 

You multiply this effect, you will get lag in between when gear change. Every gear change will bring the car to the lower power band. 

Hope this is clear enough.

lets say for gear 1 in petrol, it can rev up to 5000 to 6000rpm. In this gear 1, the speed already went up to 40 to 50km/h.

For diesel, gear 1 bring it up to 20 to 30km/h, because the engine rev up to max 4000rpm. 

You multiply this effect, you will get lag in between when gear change. Every gear change will bring the car to the lower power band. 

You got the point, RPM will be one of the main key point, how often a normal driver will rev up to 6000rpm in Singapore traffic environment?

The best way to know a car is test drive it, feel it, you will know whether you like it or not.

ohhh i see... Thanks for the clarification :)

so diesel cars have more gears than petrol?

really like this car and make but theres really too many of it on the roads sigh.. 

yeah man... vezel is quite a practical car. low maintenance and fuel consumption.

ohhh i see... Thanks for the clarification :)

so diesel cars have more gears than petrol?

No, it should be the same number of gears. And that's the reason why diesel will be slightly slower than petrol variant. Anyway, you should try conti diesel model, the number of gears they have will impress you. Drove one A4 diesel in Germany, the power and speed is impressive!

The current HRV is the same as vezel. Same engine , same specs , same Made in japan

My opinion is , if Kah motor is selling the HRV $5k more than Vezel, get the HRV. Anything above $5k more for the HRV , get the vezel.

Get the vezel from a reputable PI.

If you are going for hybrid because you can save $ , my message to you is.. you won't save a lot. You may even spend more on the hybrid model during the 10 years of ownership. However , if you are going for the hybrid because of the gearbox , then go for it.

Hybrid has different gear box?

Hybrid gear box is better ?

↡ Advertisement