Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

KMC's margin on Kona was way too much. A car with OMV of 12k plus and selling at 80k plus. The AD's pricing killed the car.

I tink probably becoz the 1.0 only came on manual. The 1.4 DCT was ridiculously priced due to VES
↡ Advertisement

KMC's margin on Kona was way too much. A car with OMV of 12k plus and selling at 80k plus. The AD's pricing killed the car.

What is the OMV for this stonic?

I tink probably becoz the 1.0 only came on manual. The 1.4 DCT was ridiculously priced due to VES

Pity. Cos the Kona was extremely fun to test drive. Very perky engine that tempts you to simply just drive it harder  [bounce1] 

For a moment, I totally forgot it's only a 1.0L car! Almost ended up buying it... just too bad I didn't fancy the remaining units' colours.

• Praise 1

those on guaranteed coe will collect end Jan, before LNY

Second batch (bought during the launch weekend) with none-guaranteed COE, collection is mid February. I'm guessing since the current units are all sold out, KIA should be bringing more into SG? Hopefully, will c more Stonic on the roads! [thumbsup]

What is the OMV for this stonic?

Should be around the same or slightly lower than Kona OMV given than Kona has features such as lane keep etc.

However the ARF for Stonic will be much lower due to VES rebate. So parf also lower.

Edited by Roh96

Hyundai and Kia are both currently using the 7 speed dry clutch DCT manufactured by Hyundai DYMOS. There are two version, one rated for max 220n/m torque and another for max 340n/m.

By logic, the Stonic will be using the former while the latter will be found in the Ceed/i30 etc

https://www.atz-magazine.com/download/More%20Efficiency%20with%20the%20Dry%20Seven-speed%20Dual-clutch%20Transmission%20by%20Hyundai.pdf

Should be the same clutch on veloster which was a kinda problematic one

well, stonic came out 4 months after I booked Jazz, but back then (before the new cerato launched) I was already turned off by the minimum loan thingy. its damn alot of interest to pay for 50k over 6 years. at the end of the day the car is way more expensive than listed. 

Honda on the other hand can full cash, no questions asked, no penalty. Even managed to squeeze further discounts from my SE.

• Praise 1

well, stonic came out 4 months after I booked Jazz, but back then (before the new cerato launched) I was already turned off by the minimum loan thingy. its damn alot of interest to pay for 50k over 6 years. at the end of the day the car is way more expensive than listed. 

Honda on the other hand can full cash, no questions asked, no penalty. Even managed to squeeze further discounts from my SE.

But if you compared between stonic and jazz, which one better?

Given that the interest rate is only 2.38%, it makes sense to take the loan and enjoy the 5k discount. You can easily earn back majority of the interest by placing your money in bonds.

The additional plus is you get to have liquidity of the 50k by managing how you invest the 50k.

I used to be in the camp where full payment is the best. But after taking some time to do the calculations, it actually makes a lot of sense to take the loan.

Edited by Grimicer

But if you compared between stonic and jazz, which one better?

I wouldn't know bro. I got my Jazz a few months le by the time stonic came out. I think Jazz is tried and tested, but abit dated in design and boring compared to stonic. I think the interior space of Jazz is hard to beat though. back then however, there was no stonic, or even the new cerato, so it was Jazz vs K3 and my wife preferred jazz.

Given that the interest rate is only 2.38%, it makes sense to take the loan and enjoy the 5k discount. You can easily earn back majority of the interest by placing your money in bonds.

The additional plus is you get to have liquidity of the 50k by managing how you invest the 50k.

I used to be in the camp where full payment is the best. But after taking some time to do the calculations, it actually makes a lot of sense to take the loan.

that's true too. I guess if you like the car we will do what it takes to get it anyways! whatever conditions AD places we will accept ba

I wouldn't know bro. I got my Jazz a few months le by the time stonic came out. I think Jazz is tried and tested, but abit dated in design and boring compared to stonic. I think the interior space of Jazz is hard to beat though. back then however, there was no stonic, or even the new cerato, so it was Jazz vs K3 and my wife preferred jazz.

that's true too. I guess if you like the car we will do what it takes to get it anyways! whatever conditions AD places we will accept ba

Did you go down to the showroom to see look the stonic even though you have already got your jazz?

Yes mentioned this countless times, but some people don't care since monthly instalments r lower. Absolute cost is way higher.

Did you go down to the showroom to see look the stonic even though you have already got your jazz?

Will prefer jazz over stonic actually if we ignore the price difference. Jazz 1.3 is a no go, if wanna get just whack the 1.5 for a bit more.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2