Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

Not when the 1 litre engine is turbocharged. The peak torque is at low rev, which means u dun need to floor to high rev (eg 4-5k rpm) when going up Genting.

But if the Stonic is fully packed with 5 big adults and several luggage bags in boot, i think there might be some sluggishness felt

I test drove the stonic last week with 5 adults and there was no hint of trouble in moving off nor accelerating. Not sure about going uphill but i dont think it will be much of an issue.

The ride was pretty good and car felt responsive and nimble, I think I will get one.

The only question is, is the SX worth 5k more? Not a fan of sunroof so the add ons doesnt seem to warrant the extra 5k price tag.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I test drove the stonic last week with 5 adults and there was no hint of trouble in moving off nor accelerating. Not sure about going uphill but i dont think it will be much of an issue.

The ride was pretty good and car felt responsive and nimble, I think I will get one.

The only question is, is the SX worth 5k more? Not a fan of sunroof so the add ons doesnt seem to warrant the extra 5k price tag.

SX come with LED tailight and 17 inch rims.

Edited by Dkcz

SX come with LED tailight and 17 inch rims.

Yeah but i doubt they are worth 5k?

I mean I can change the rims for say 1k and how is the led tailight useful? Lights up the back to see the markings clearer?

Not cramped for your passengers at the back?
  • Praise 1

Not cramped for your passengers at the back?

The one in the middle may complain but there isnt much of the hump for the axle hence dont have to straddle across.

Definitely not an SUV, more like a small hatch on steroids but overall it is quite a good ride. Am going to test drive again this sat cause I couldnt find the central unlocking system but saw one in car wow review. Wouldn't want to be accused of kidnapping.

• Praise 2

The one in the middle may complain but there isnt much of the hump for the axle hence dont have to straddle across.

Definitely not an SUV, more like a small hatch on steroids but overall it is quite a good ride. Am going to test drive again this sat cause I couldnt find the central unlocking system but saw one in car wow review. Wouldn't want to be accused of kidnapping.

Just make sure your passengers are not chinese lor!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [smash]  :XD:

• Praise 1

Just make sure your passengers are not chinese lor! [laugh][laugh][smash]:XD:

They can't use that on me cause I'm also chinese! Haha.

But seriously I forgot to check some features like how is the visibility of the rear window, noise insulation etc. Was too exicted you see.

• Praise 1

Yeah but i doubt they are worth 5k?

I mean I can change the rims for say 1k and how is the led tailight useful? Lights up the back to see the markings clearer?

Alot more kit than that la...

SX has rear discs and front and rear LED lights. Whole tailight is LED lit up. 

SX has auto headlamps and auto wipers, cruise controls. 

Full electronic climate control, torque vectoring and stability controls

7 in LCD panel for the HU with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, and fully integrated rev cam with dynamic guidlines that turns in tandem with your steering angle.  EX just a simple non touch screen HU with none of the features. 

7 in LCD panel for the HU with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, and fully integrated rev cam with dynamic guidlines that turns in tandem with your steering angle. EX just a simple non touch screen HU with none of the features.

Wow bro all these was missing from the brochure. I'll be sure to ask the sales person this sat.

I test drove the EX and the rev cam didnt have the dynamic guidelines.

Btw do you know if the headlights are dynamic as well? I.e. turn as you turn your steering

Wow bro all these was missing from the brochure. I'll be sure to ask the sales person this sat.

I test drove the EX and the rev cam didnt have the dynamic guidelines.

Btw do you know if the headlights are dynamic as well? I.e. turn as you turn your steering

Most are actualyl stated in the brochure ya  [laugh]

No la... you are buying a budget car... a Rio with bigger wheels and tires. You can't have steerable headlights la..

You need to buy the Sorento SX to get that

Most are actualyl stated in the brochure ya [laugh]

No la... you are buying a budget car... a Rio with bigger wheels and tires. You can't have steerable headlights la..

You need to buy the Sorento SX to get that

Wah dont call the only car I can afford budget leh.

Wah dont call the only car I can afford budget leh.

If u r looking or suv or upsized hatchback at that budget, you have alternatives like jazz/PI fit/swift too.

I would go for jazz/fit if you need the space and swift for the fun nimble drive.

Go check them out and they have better safety features as well. Having tested and sat in them all, I will pick jazz/fit, space wise in fact comparable cause of the unique Honda design. Drive wise, swift wins though so it all depends on what you need and budget.

Furthermore stonic is using dry clutch so reliability is a question but no doubt low end torque is good cause turbo kicks in below 2k rpm. Interior wise, it feels really cheaper and hollow.

Edited by justahelpdesk
  • Praise 1

If u r looking or suv or upsized hatchback at that budget, you have alternatives like jazz/PI fit/swift too.

I would go for jazz/fit if you need the space and swift for the fun nimble drive.

Go check them out and they have better safety features as well. Having tested and sat in them all, I will pick jazz/fit, space wise in fact comparable cause of the unique Honda design. Drive wise, swift wins though so it all depends on what you need and budget.

Furthermore stonic is using dry clutch so reliability is a question but no doubt low end torque is good cause turbo kicks in below 2k rpm. Interior wise, it feels really cheaper and hollow.

Stonic has 6 airbags and 5 star NCAP...still not safe enough? 

Jazz 1.5 from KM has just 2 to keep the dealer profit up... and u sure CVT is more robust and durable than dry clutch DSG?

Jazz 1.5 from KM has just 2 to keep the dealer profit up... and u sure CVT is more robust and durable than dry clutch DSG?

I prefer DSG to CVT to be honest. And my wife hates the jazz because too beng. Haha.

If I want to be impractical and get the swift, rather save up and get mini one. Haha

I prefer DSG to CVT to be honest. And my wife hates the jazz because too beng. Haha.

If I want to be impractical and get the swift, rather save up and get mini one. Haha

Yeah DSG over cvt anytime man. Then again fit hybrid 1.5 uses dct if I'm not wrong but yeah its kinda beng but space wise really functional.

Swift and mini different price point man.

noted your message dry DSG more robust and durable than CVT.
  • Praise 1

7 in LCD panel for the HU with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, and fully integrated rev cam with dynamic guidlines that turns in tandem with your steering angle. EX just a simple non touch screen HU with none of the features.

Erm, not correct.

EX also rear disc.

Also have torque vectoring and full stability assist etc.

Also LCD touchscreen with apple carplay and android auto with reverse camera.

Also have led DRL and foglights.

• Praise 2