Kia Stonic

Thecarboy302

Pls la.. u driving a stonic. Even thieves know that only cars worth stealing is a Toyota or a Honda..ð

Bo bian. I peasant ma hahaha
↡ Advertisement

Actually Iâm asking if anyone knows.

Google didnât reveal anything

Just booked my stonic before the COE jump. Had to take AIGâs insurance and itâs conprehensive coverage. Yet it feels like they might screw you by saying you didnât lock your car if you lose it in Malaysia and you canât prove that you did also

No one gonna steal a 1.0t stonic in Malaysia.
  • Praise 1

Go to the Ubi branch run by C&C's authorised dealer, Fulco.

They are more flexible with the T&Cs.

This Stonic and Cerato thread seem to have a few sour grapes.

I wrote to the moderator who confirmed that it's the same few people giving the dislikes. The situation is being monitored.  

Noted bro. Maybe Attrage thread also have. Wahaha

• Praise 1

Stonic features more than cerato ex, comes with ESC/HAC blahblah for a cheaper price. Worth it man

It also has a higher OMV as compared with Cerato EX.  :a-m1212:

• Praise 1

(edited)

It also has a higher OMV as compared with Cerato EX.  :a-m1212:

higher omv but parf value is lower due to the ves rebate if i'm not wrong so depreciation evens out. 

car doesn't feel as solidly build as the cerato either. 

give and take but it is a value for money mini cheapest suv available when coe was at 25k. 

won't actually consider it a suv though its build to look like one, probably an upsized hatchback on stilts. 

Edited by makeanewcall
  • Praise 1

Any honest review about the stonic?

Its FC, engine vibration at idle, sound system, space etc.

A little interested in trading in my k3 ex for this but my wife think its a downgrade, in terms of passenger and boot space.

I agree with your wife's perspective, Stonic has slightly smaller passenger and boot space compared to K3.

I'm averagely doing 15-16km/L  (75% highway, 25% town). Audio sound is average. I personally don't feel much engine vibration at idle.

I test drove K3 on the same day I bought the Stonic and I felt the K3 is slightly less responsive when I step on the accelerator. IMAO, you should consider Stonic if you:

1) like fast pick-up to overtake other cars.

2) don't often drive up the NSHW.

3) like the SUV outlook.

4) don't often have to ferry 3 adult passengers or big baggages/items.

I am having balls of fun on each Stonic ride. Feels like I'm driving a mini low end sport car even though it's not!  [bounce1]

If you just need a vehicle for normal transportation from point A to point B, maybe you should look elsewhere.

• Praise 2

I agree with your wife's perspective, Stonic has slightly smaller passenger and boot space compared to K3.

I'm averagely doing 15-16km/L  (75% highway, 25% town). Audio sound is average. I personally don't feel much engine vibration at idle.

I test drove K3 on the same day I bought the Stonic and I felt the K3 is slightly less responsive when I step on the accelerator. IMAO, you should consider Stonic if you:

3) like the SUV outlook.

I am having balls of fun on each Stonic ride. Feels like I'm driving a mini low end sport car even though it's not!  [bounce1]

If you just need a vehicle for normal transportation from point A to point B, maybe you should look elsewhere.

yup thats because the turbo kicks in a low rpm so you will feel the joy of overtaking easily. 

higher omv but parf value is lower due to the ves rebate if i'm not wrong so depreciation evens out. 

car doesn't feel as solidly build as the cerato either. 

give and take but it is a value for money mini cheapest suv available when coe was at 25k. 

won't actually consider it a suv though its build to look like one, probably an upsized hatchback on stilts. 

Not sure how you calculate depre but the ves rebate is a plus not a minus

1) If you take loan, you now take 10K less loan bec of VES and save on interest

2) If you sell b4 10 years, you are selling at 10K less and it is important bec people look at selling price first.

It is still the cheapest SUVish (it is like you said, actually an upsize hatch) car at any COE price, why would COE price affect it price competitiveness since COE affect all car.

I tried the cerato and stonic, cant really tell what you mean  by solidly build. Are you saying cabin noise? Stonic is ok for me but suspension isnt fantatsic for me since my previous ride is a big cc car.

3) like the SUV outlook.

I am averaging around 16-17 but i suppose i drive mostly on highways since i commute long distances.

The car is great like you said but do you have an issue with the hill start assist? It happen to me only once when the car was on a slight slope but when i release the brake, press accelerator, it rolled back and engine stall. I tried to duplicate the effect again but it didnt show up again. 

Not sure how you calculate depre but the ves rebate is a plus not a minus

1) If you take loan, you now take 10K less loan bec of VES and save on interest

2) If you sell b4 10 years, you are selling at 10K less and it is important bec people look at selling price first.

It is still the cheapest SUVish (it is like you said, actually an upsize hatch) car at any COE price, why would COE price affect it price competitiveness since COE affect all car.

I tried the cerato and stonic, cant really tell what you mean by solidly build. Are you saying cabin noise? Stonic is ok for me but suspension isnt fantatsic for me since my previous ride is a big cc car.

I am averaging around 16-17 but i suppose i drive mostly on highways since i commute long distances.

The car is great like you said but do you have an issue with the hill start assist? It happen to me only once when the car was on a slight slope but when i release the brake, press accelerator, it rolled back and engine stall. I tried to duplicate the effect again but it didnt show up again.

Hi, your understanding of VES is wrong.

Whether VES is a plus or minus got nothing to do with your loan amount.

Assuming the car price is $88,999 (based on 2 May on a SX), your loan amount will be $62,299 assuming your downpayment is 30%. Whether the VES is a rebate or surcharge, you still take $62,299 loan.

I'm not sure about the Stonic's OMV but assuming it is $15k (for easy of calculations and explanation), the $10k VES rebate will entitle C&C to pay only $5k of ARF.

Cheers!

(edited)

Assuming the car price is $88,999 (based on 2 May on a SX), your loan amount will be $62,299 assuming your downpayment is 30%. Whether the VES is a rebate or surcharge, you still take $62,299 loan.

I'm not sure about the Stonic's OMV but assuming it is $15k (for easy of calculations and explanation), the $10k VES rebate will entitle C&C to pay only $5k of ARF.

Cheers!

Sorry i am afraid you dont understand what VES rebate is. From your understanding the 10K rebate is just bad bec all it does is lowers your parf value. That is simply wrong.

For e.g, From Mar 2019 car registration LTA, stonic selling price is $74,999 after VES rebate of 10K OMV is $17,459. Annual depreciation is (74,999- (0.5*7459))/10 = $7126.95 ($6926.95 if you take in house loan)

Your issue is you simply assume the car price is $74,999 and not bec LTA has given you a 10K discount on an actual $84,999 car. You dont treat it as a discount bec LTA crawl back some at scrap but even than it is less than 10K crawl back. For example, if they dont do crawl back, stonic omv is $17,459 and 50% of it is $8,729.5 while in actual fact they pay you only $3,729.50 (diff is 5K only, remember your upfront VES 10K discount)

If you understand this than the loan amount plays a part. Without VES, you will be loaning for a car that cost $84,999 and not $74,999 hence paying more in interests.

edit: For a comparison between stonic and Cerato (i assume 1..6lx)  whose omv is 11,134 and price  is 72,999. It's annual depre is (72,999-11,134)/10=  6743.20. Cerato has lower depre bec well it is a cerato and not a stonic but the diff is less than 4K

Edited by jam1888

(edited)

Sorry i am afraid you dont understand what VES rebate is. From your understanding the 10K rebate is just bad bec all it does is lowers your parf value. That is simply wrong.

For e.g, From Mar 2019 car registration LTA, stonic selling price is $74,999 after VES rebate of 10K OMV is $17,459. Annual depreciation is (74,999- (0.5*7459))/10 = $7126.95 ($6926.95 if you take in house loan)

Your issue is you simply assume the car price is $74,999 and not bec LTA has given you a 10K discount on an actual $84,999 car. You dont treat it as a discount bec LTA crawl back some at scrap but even than it is less than 10K crawl back. For example, if they dont do crawl back, stonic omv is $17,459 and 50% of it is $8,729.5 while in actual fact they pay you only $3,729.50 (diff is 5K only, remember your upfront VES 10K discount)

If you understand this than the loan amount plays a part. Without VES, you will be loaning for a car that cost $84,999 and not $74,999 hence paying more in interests.

I understand and I know I'm correct about VES rebates. It is you who do not understand. Please go to LTA website and read up about rebates and surcharges.

Your annual depreciation calculation is correct though. As you have already minus off the 10k VES rebate from your parf value.

I'm not assuming whether or not got rebate by LTA and base the car price on.

The car price listed (for e.g. $74,999 as you stated), C&C has already factor in the 10k rebate for their selling price. If the VES is neutral, do you think C&C will still sell you at $74,999. You first time buy new car ah?

If you understand how VES works, you won't be saying how VES affected your loan. Your understanding is completely opposite.

I refer you to the above, if VES is neutral, the selling price will be higher and of cos you would need higher loan for the same downpayment. Not using VES as a point to say your loan will be higher if there is no rebate in your point.

Edited by Wormee

(edited)

Cheers!

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/dam/onemotoring/Buying/Car_Cost_Update/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

yah this is correct and at 5k arf, the parf value after 10 years is only $2500 which is the minimum. but based on lta report, based stonic omv is 17459 and after 10k rebate, its 7459 and parf value after 10 years is 7459/2. for sunroof version, its just around 1k more so parf value is 500 bucks more.  

So annual depre is actually (88999-(8535/2))/10, ignoring whatever interest you accumulate along the way too which comes up to more than 8k/year. 

and no one gives a crap whether there is rebate or no rebate cause end of the day the rebate dont get passed onto customers cause AD happily mark up whatever they want. 

as a second hand buyer, i will only look at depreciation and not whatever ves rebate the car is entitled to.

Edited by makeanewcall

(edited)

I understand and I know I'm correct about VES rebates. It is you who do not understand. Please go to LTA website and read up about rebates and surcharges.

Your annual depreciation calculation is correct though. As you have already minus off the 10k VES rebate from your parf value.

I'm not assuming whether or not got rebate by LTA and base the car price on.

The car price listed (for e.g. $74,999 as you stated), C&C has already factor in the 10k rebate for their selling price. If the VES is neutral, do you think C&C will still sell you at $74,999. You first time buy new car ah?

If you understand how VES works, you won't be saying how VES affected your loan. Your understanding is completely opposite.

I refer you to the above, if VES is neutral, the selling price will be higher and of cos you would need higher loan for the same downpayment. Not using VES as a point to say your loan will be higher if there is no rebate in your point.

whatever. Cheers have a nice day. Dont buy a car with VES rebate. 

yah this is correct and at 5k arf, the parf value after 10 years is only $2500 which is the minimum. 

So depre is actually (88999-2500)/10, ignoring whatever interest you accumulate along the way too. 

and no one gives a crap whether there is rebate or no rebate cause end of the day the rebate dont get passed onto customers cause AD happily mark up whatever they want. 

as a second hand buyer, i will only look at depreciation and not whatever ves rebate the car is entitled to.

Well buyer perception is certainly important. Seem like LTA VES is not working on people like you. I guess maths can be too complicated.

Edited by jam1888
  • Dislike 1

whatever. Cheers have a nice day. Dont buy a car with VES rebate. 

Well buyer perception is certainly important. Seem like LTA VES is not working on people like you. I guess maths can be too complicated.

lol people enlightening you that with ves rebate, it doesnt matter cause it eats into your overall parf value after 10 years. and from there you can calculate the annual depre.

cheers and enjoy the ride, buy already dont think so much! 

lol people enlightening you that with ves rebate, it doesnt matter cause it eats into your overall parf value after 10 years. and from there you can calculate the annual depre.

cheers and enjoy the ride, buy already dont think so much! 

Well why do i want to be enlightened by people who dont understand maths like you?

Dont think too much too. Have a great day.

• Dislike 2

Basically VES rebate is a discount off the ARF payable. Since PARF is half of ARF, it will naturally be less.

U think LTA will give buyers free discount? Money dont drop from the sky  [laugh]

Basically VES rebate is a discount off the ARF payable. Since PARF is half of ARF, it will naturally be less.

U think LTA will give buyers free discount? Money dont drop from the sky  [laugh]

haha thanks for clarifying, while some ppl are just ...

haha thanks for clarifying, while some ppl are just ...

Haha. Well I’m sure there are many of us here knew the VES rebate is merely a discount on the ARF. It only benefits ADs and PIs by paying lesser ARF which translates to a lower PARF value.

Doesn’t matter whether there is VES or not, it does not affects your loan amount. Someone just thinks that LTA so good gave him a $10k discount for his Stonic thus he pays less 10k on interest for his car loan. He happy jiu hao. We don’t earn a cent yet he’s trying to teach us suck eggs.

Cheers.

↡ Advertisement