• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
662 replies to this topic | 1,081 praises

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:39 AM

Bride2012
  • Premium member
    Bride2012
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I wonder will this stonic be good for 10 years lol... never own a Kia before.

Mazda 3 hatchback 79k vs stonic ex version 70k. Which one is better to go for? :)
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:46 AM

Huuray
  • Huuray
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I wonder will this stonic be good for 10 years lol... never own a Kia before.

Mazda 3 hatchback 79k vs stonic ex version 70k. Which one is better to go for? :)

You should go test drive both cars. 

Both cars should be pretty good in it's class..

Of course, touch your heart and ask yourself if the brand matters.

Take a good look at the Hyundai Avante and KIA Forte on the road. Alot are running close to 10years if not more. 

Edited by Huuray, 13 December 2018 - 11:48 AM.

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:51 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Take a good look at the Hyundai Avante and KIA Forte on the road. Alot are running close to 10years if not more.

Running close to 10 yrs does not mean no car issues

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:21 PM

Bride2012
  • Premium member
    Bride2012
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Becos Mazda 3 is releasing new model next year. Stonic will be newer but I'm not good in comparing specs. I have tested both cars. And honestly I can't tell the diff lol. Brand doesn't matter to me so for specs wise is Stonic better?

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:49 PM

Huuray
  • Huuray
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Becos Mazda 3 is releasing new model next year. Stonic will be newer but I'm not good in comparing specs. I have tested both cars. And honestly I can't tell the diff lol. Brand doesn't matter to me so for specs wise is Stonic better?

If brand doesn't matter, handling no difference, comfortable with the small interior space, then I think Stonic might be a better buy with better equipment list and lower price.

With a 70+k budget, I personally will go for the Kia Cerato or the new Hyundai Avante for more interior space but I see that you probably prefer a hatch / crossover.

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:01 PM

Bride2012
  • Premium member
    Bride2012
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

If brand doesn't matter, handling no difference, comfortable with the small interior space, then I think Stonic might be a better buy with better equipment list and lower price.

With a 70+k budget, I personally will go for the Kia Cerato or the new Hyundai Avante for more interior space but I see that you probably prefer a hatch / crossover.

Yup u r right. I prefer a hatch/SUV. :)
One thing about stonic is that it doesn't have sports mode like the rest. I'm not good in cars. Wanna ask does sports mode matter? Bcos I think nowadays most advanced cars have sports mode? Btw SE told me cerato is not as powerful as stonic.

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

Huuray
  • Huuray
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Yup u r right. I prefer a hatch/SUV. :)
One thing about stonic is that it doesn't have sports mode like the rest. I'm not good in cars. Wanna ask does sports mode matter? Bcos I think nowadays most advanced cars have sports mode? Btw SE told me cerato is not as powerful as stonic.

Sports mode helps to achieve better response at the expense of fuel consumption.. 

I don't think it matters, really. Most people I know don't drive on sports mode, they prefer to let the car cruise comfortably.

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:58 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Definitely need a test drive to decide

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:18 PM

Ceecookie
  • Premium member
    Ceecookie
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Good thing about taking a 1.0T over 1.5/1.6 NA is the peak torque is available at lower RPM as opposed to NA.

So when u drive light footed around 2k+ rpm, u can get most of the power from the Stonic, as opposed to hitting 4k rpm for the N.A engine. This will help on the fuel consumption.

Jamesc and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:35 PM

Bride2012
  • Premium member
    Bride2012
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks guys for the valuable advice..guess I should go for Stonic then. Hope to get good deals at the launch event this weekend :)

Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:48 AM

adrianyeo86
  • adrianyeo86
    1st Gear
    Author Image

one more thing u need to consider is vibration at idle..

i have tested drive both stonic and cerato few days ago..

its seem to me stonic vibrate more at idle due its nature of 3 cylinders engine...

cerato feel much comfortable for me at idle and overall legroom..

if for the price 4-5k diff, i would go for cerato...

jus sharing my feeling on these 2cars...

maybe for 10k difference then i will go stonic  [:p]

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:10 PM

Spurman
  • Spurman
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Today was at ubi area and as wanted to see cerato.
Saw this cute stonic.

Exterior nice.
Interior plain though.
Compact.
But i like the design. Jin swee. Like an extended lifted up golf volks.
Thats a nice compliment i have for this car.

With the roof rack thingy this car looks great sia.

Kudos to kia for doing a good job

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:41 PM

adrianyeo86
  • adrianyeo86
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Today was at ubi area and as wanted to see cerato.
Saw this cute stonic.

Exterior nice.
Interior plain though.
Compact.
But i like the design. Jin swee. Like an extended lifted up golf volks.
Thats a nice compliment i have for this car.

With the roof rack thingy this car looks great sia.

Kudos to kia for doing a good job

yes looks nice with the 17" wheels and roof rack..

but that is only for the SX model which almost same price as cerato ex...

15" wheel looks too cute on this compact suv... [sweatdrop]

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:39 PM

Spurman
  • Spurman
    Supercharged
    Author Image

yes looks nice with the 17" wheels and roof rack..
but that is only for the SX model which almost same price as cerato ex...

15" wheel looks too cute on this compact suv... [sweatdrop]

Looks good. Good car for wife or ladies. Its not overly manly yet appeals for both sexes

Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:34 PM

Bride2012
  • Premium member
    Bride2012
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

one more thing u need to consider is vibration at idle..
i have tested drive both stonic and cerato few days ago..

its seem to me stonic vibrate more at idle due its nature of 3 cylinders engine...
cerato feel much comfortable for me at idle and overall legroom..

if for the price 4-5k diff, i would go for cerato...
jus sharing my feeling on these 2cars...

maybe for 10k difference then i will go stonic [:p]

Becos I personally prefer the design of Mazda 3 Hatchback but for price of stonic is 10k diff from Mazda 3HB. If im getting cerato I would go for Mazda3 :)

Prefer a SUV than sedan. Stonic roadtax is lower too. I guess fuel consumption will be better than cerato/Mazda?

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:27 PM

Spurman
  • Spurman
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I have to admit this is the best looking car frm the front view that kia has created or rather the best looking small suv frm the front that i have seen.

Hehe. Time to save monies and hopefully next yr coe drop a bit more and buy this...

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:29 AM

kucheech
  • Premium member
    kucheech
    1st Gear
    Author Image

for those whom had test driven it, do you think it's better than Honda Jazz or Nissan Note?

Posted 15 December 2018 - 05:47 PM

adrianyeo86
  • adrianyeo86
    1st Gear
    Author Image

for those whom had test driven it, do you think it's better than Honda Jazz or Nissan Note?

I have test driven my bro jazz rs, It feel stonic better than both of that.. except idling for 3 cylinder got vibration.

Better in term of dct and equipments as standard..
Cvt is very boring..

Posted 15 December 2018 - 05:57 PM

explorerX
  • explorerX
    1st Gear
    Author Image

http://www.carbuyer....-new-2019-2018/

Sub 70k if take up loan. :)

Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:15 PM

Ixus75
  • Premium member
    Ixus75
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Anyone knows if the 10 engine warranty covers gearbox?

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: kia, stonic, suv, 2017

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users