• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
258 replies to this topic | 202 praises

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:27 PM

Keepmoving
  • Keepmoving
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

No I haven’t had the chance, but I’m due to bring my car in to rectify the rear central seatbelt under that recall (which also affects Ibiza and polo). They claim it’s a half-hour fix so I’ll see how the overall experience is going to be.

I’m thinking for a new car, i should have fairly minimal contact with their service dept for the next 3-5 years. It’s been like that for all my new cars (this is my 9th) - never really had an issue with any service dept.

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:11 PM

MaBoiBoi
  • Premium member
    MaBoiBoi
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

We have had a bro who highlighted his issues with the New Leon and exchanges with the AD.

Given that the vehicle comes with a 2 + 3 years warranty, the next 5 years will be a good gauge of the AD ability to deliver.

In the meantime, still patiently waiting .......

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:49 PM

Sky_blue
  • Premium member
    Sky_blue
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

We have had a bro who highlighted his issues with the New Leon and exchanges with the AD.

Given that the vehicle comes with a 2 + 3 years warranty, the next 5 years will be a good gauge of the AD ability to deliver.

Mine only has 3 years warranty 😕

Edited by Sky_blue, 24 July 2018 - 08:50 PM.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo5 (yellow)

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:12 PM

Fordpiggy
  • Fordpiggy
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Look like AD has given up and not following up anymore... He did a very comprehensive on the faults which kind of scary for a new car.

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:26 PM

MaBoiBoi
  • Premium member
    MaBoiBoi
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Mine only has 3 years warranty ð

I went for the 3+2 extended warranty they called it. Even though their brochure clearly stated 5 years warranty.

Hahahhaa. Gimmick or not. I believe i got a good deal hence i signed.

Hope the rumour that theres a shipment coming at the end of july is true.

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:19 AM

Sky_blue
  • Premium member
    Sky_blue
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I went for the 3+2 extended warranty they called it. Even though their brochure clearly stated 5 years warranty.

Hahahhaa. Gimmick or not. I believe i got a good deal hence i signed.

Hope the rumour that theres a shipment coming at the end of july is true.

How much did you top up for 3+2 years warranty?

I was not given that option then.

Posted 25 July 2018 - 09:52 AM

Wen
  • Wen
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

The 3 + 2 system works this way, the 3 yrs is by SEAT HQ which Vertex will claim from them. The +2 is actually a insurance purchased locally that covers parts failure (not wear and tear stuff). 

Another reason I was sceptical with SEAT , despite I like the car, is the backend support as VAG cars is not Toyota so if possible I will try to go to one with a better record for support. 

I also Wish vertex will do a good job in that as I do not mind going with SEAT for my next car.

Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:19 AM

MaBoiBoi
  • Premium member
    MaBoiBoi
    1st Gear
    Author Image

How much did you top up for 3+2 years warranty?

I was not given that option then.

The breakdown is as such iirc
Extended warranty +1.5k
Leather seats +800
Car Cam & Solar film +700

Correct me if i am wrong bros.

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:46 AM

Fishycat
  • Fishycat
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

The breakdown is as such iirc
Extended warranty +1.5k
Leather seats +800
Car Cam & Solar film +700

Correct me if i am wrong bros.

Extended warranty +1500
Leather seats +1200
Car Cam & Solar film +800

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:31 PM

Sky_blue
  • Premium member
    Sky_blue
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I wonder if they still let me purchase that extended warranty before I pick up my car.

Or perhaps it’s not needed 🤔

Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:09 AM

Wen
  • Wen
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I wonder if they still let me purchase that extended warranty before I pick up my car.

Or perhaps it’s not needed 🤔

It's a VAG cars. It's 7 sp DRY dsg. I driving a 1.4 VW so I can safely say yes if can get the 5 years warranty... the $1500 more is very cheap insurance for 2 more years of coverage. 

Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:24 AM

Keepmoving
  • Keepmoving
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I agree with Wen - even at $1500 it’s better to have the full 5-year warranty. At least for peace of mind haha!

I think Vertex will be around, the new Seat cars should continue to be appealing, they should be doing well enough to be in existence for a while, not like the last time. So far I find the arona to be well-engineered and well-built. They’ve (VW group) built over a million of the one litre engines and there doesn’t seem to be any major problems with the design and quality.

Having driven to Malaysia and over some appalling roads recently, I’m confident the car body will remain solid for many years. Wen does correctly point out about the old issue with the dry clutch DSG, we’ll have to see how this new box performs over the long term.

I’d rather take a risk and embrace new technology, than go with a Toyota with yesterday’s tech and dread every km I drive in it. (Or God forbid, a CVT transmission!) Can we have a great driving car and great reliability?

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:48 PM

Keepmoving
  • Keepmoving
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Brought the Arona in at 1pm today for the recall fix. Since it’s working hours, there was no other customer at the service centre. Reception was a breeze and the service advisor quickly came by to take the car away - was told 1 hour tho the letter indicated half hour. In any case, it took about 40 min. I thot the service advisor (who didn’t look busy) would make some small talk to ask how my car was, but no.

The service centre is clean, spacious but lacked amenities for customers - no TV, no WiFi, few chairs, no newspapers, there were some magazines lying around tho. Couple of sales people were taking their lunch and of course knew I came in to get the car fixed - later when I went round the showroom, I was duly ignored! There was a nicely trimmed Ateca Xcellence at the showroom (should I have bought that, hmm) and a number of Arona style waiting for delivery. Day after a weekend, so quiet you could hear a pin drop. When I finally bring the car in for servicing, I don’t think I’ll be facing much delay lah. Overall unexceptional experience, but I don’t plan on spending much time at any service centre!
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:14 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

It's a VAG cars. It's 7 sp DRY dsg. I driving a 1.4 VW so I can safely say yes if can get the 5 years warranty... the $1500 more is very cheap insurance for 2 more years of coverage. 

Is the DSG failure covered in the insurance in the first place. Wait they claim it is tear-and-wear haha.

Edited by Heartlander, 30 July 2018 - 08:14 PM.

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:38 PM

Wen
  • Wen
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Is the DSG failure covered in the insurance in the first place. Wait they claim it is tear-and-wear haha.

Don't worry, it is covered...
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:45 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Brought the Arona in at 1pm today for the recall fix. Since itâs working hours, there was no other customer at the service centre. Reception was a breeze and the service advisor quickly came by to take the car away - was told 1 hour tho the letter indicated half hour. In any case, it took about 40 min. I thot the service advisor (who didnât look busy) would make some small talk to ask how my car was, but no.

The service centre is clean, spacious but lacked amenities for customers - no TV, no WiFi, few chairs, no newspapers, there were some magazines lying around tho. Couple of sales people were taking their lunch and of course knew I came in to get the car fixed - later when I went round the showroom, I was duly ignored! There was a nicely trimmed Ateca Xcellence at the showroom (should I have bought that, hmm) and a number of Arona style waiting for delivery. Day after a weekend, so quiet you could hear a pin drop. When I finally bring the car in for servicing, I donât think Iâll be facing much delay lah. Overall unexceptional experience, but I donât plan on spending much time at any service centre!

Weekends more people, so good you went on a weekday.
Agree that there are many parked new cars outside waiting for delivery. Drove past there last week.
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:33 AM

Sky_blue
  • Premium member
    Sky_blue
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Last day of July, still no news of my car 😩

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:39 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Last day of July, still no news of my car ð©

Call them.
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:11 PM

Sky_blue
  • Premium member
    Sky_blue
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Car just reach port, at least another 2 weeks to get it ready for delivery.... 😪

Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:48 PM

MaBoiBoi
  • Premium member
    MaBoiBoi
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Car just reach port, at least another 2 weeks to get it ready for delivery.... ðª

FR as well ? You ordered in april ? 😂

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: seat , arona , suv

Tags: seat, arona, suv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users