SEAT Arona

Fishycat

Is the DSG failure covered in the insurance in the first place. Wait they claim it is tear-and-wear haha.

Don't worry, it is covered...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Brought the Arona in at 1pm today for the recall fix. Since itâs working hours, there was no other customer at the service centre. Reception was a breeze and the service advisor quickly came by to take the car away - was told 1 hour tho the letter indicated half hour. In any case, it took about 40 min. I thot the service advisor (who didnât look busy) would make some small talk to ask how my car was, but no.

The service centre is clean, spacious but lacked amenities for customers - no TV, no WiFi, few chairs, no newspapers, there were some magazines lying around tho. Couple of sales people were taking their lunch and of course knew I came in to get the car fixed - later when I went round the showroom, I was duly ignored! There was a nicely trimmed Ateca Xcellence at the showroom (should I have bought that, hmm) and a number of Arona style waiting for delivery. Day after a weekend, so quiet you could hear a pin drop. When I finally bring the car in for servicing, I donât think Iâll be facing much delay lah. Overall unexceptional experience, but I donât plan on spending much time at any service centre!

Weekends more people, so good you went on a weekday.

Agree that there are many parked new cars outside waiting for delivery. Drove past there last week.

Neutral Newbie

Check details upon your car collection, don't just look at the outlook, check on things like rubber hose rubble sealing, rattle noise etc.

After your collection a lot Tai Chi around, salesman basically wash their hand from you and such to back office.

You may become Heat Up over factory defaults and that could we become sucker and cost more running back workshop.

Warranty coverage may not make you happy when there are defects.

Anyone knows what’s the rebate for

1) getting loan and

2) buying car insurance

from the car company?

One thing good is that Vertex does not penalise u for not taking loan, however your price negotiation power is also not as powerful without all the loans/tradein/insurance.

Loan normally they get 2-3k comm , Insurance 500-700 comm. 

I was sitting in my car at a car park just now and a car came to park in the lot next to mine. I noticed it was very close and gave the driver a look of caution. He seemed to inform his passengers to watch out when they got out of the car, but the rear passenger went and opened his door right into my door.

What would you have done?

Good news was that the bump didn’t leave a mark on the rear door of my Arona. It did sound quite loud and I had the sound system on. The Arona is already such a small car and I like to think that I’ve been considerate in my parking, and still kena all kinds of joker parkers (and/or carrying passengers who don’t give a damn about other people’s cars).

Hi, Geetika.

The PARF benefit of my FR is about $5,800 (ie what you will receive back from the govt when you scrap your car at the end of the 10 years of the COE). The car cost $100,400. So straight line depreciation is $9,460 per year.

Sorry to sound like a know-it-all, but thot I’d share the following as well:

Over the 10 years, the car price will fluctuate depending on the prevaling COE price, so you’ll be alternating between happy (thank goodness I bought when it was low) and sad (should have waited for the COE to come down), so basically just buy based on what you can comfortably afford and what you’re happy with. The big question mark is whether you will fork out huge repair costs over the 10 years, and the Seat is an unknown compared to established brands like Toyota. As a precaution, never let your car overheat (you can check the Arona’s engine and oil temp on the trip computer), and the first sign of trouble with your car is that fuel consumption goes up, so keep track of your fueling and distance covered. I’d be happy to hear how others keep their cars in tip top running conditions!

Neutral Newbie

One thing good is that Vertex does not penalise u for not taking loan, however your price negotiation power is also not as powerful without all the loans/tradein/insurance.

Loan normally they get 2-3k comm , Insurance 500-700 comm.

Oh.... Vertex did penalise 2k if you do not take up loan, probably they adjust their selling game

↡ Advertisement