SEAT Arona

Fishycat

Sorry can’t help you Benji7. Mine was first batch and it took 5 months.

I’m guessing a lot of you will have been like me driving in heavy rain for the last few weeks. Happy to say the Arona has acquitted itself well in the wet conditions. But one day a warning sign lit up, and unlike my previous cars, there’s no explanation of the warning in any of the dashboard menu, I had to check the manual. Turns out that it was a warning that the front distance sensors were impaired by the rain. That probably impairs the auto emergency brakes too. So be careful and have a safe ride!

Hi guys, I am pleased to say I have picked up my car. Still owe bro keepmoving my input about the car. 

I will start from the very beginning. I had own a Perodua kelisa 1.0 (A car that float when drove about 100km/h, Ford Fiesta 1.0(Very driver orientate car, passenger sitting behind me will exp leg numbness) and Toyota Aqua 1.5(u smile every time u look at your FC but grumpy every time u step on the gas). I shortlisted my car with a few things in mind, it have to be a SUV and around 90k. There is quite a few choices like crossland, scenic, vezel, chr(entry) ,vitara and kona. SEAT hit the right spot with good gadget, design and decent pick up speed. Most impt is wife think same same haha. The only worry we have is how good is the after sales support and the horror story of its gearbox. Nonetheless we went down to test drive it .surprising we very good impression, the car is really easy to drive, decent noise insulation, I am 1.83 and rear passenger still have good legroom  [laugh]
  ! Boot size is good compare to other crossover. We decide to take the risk after a final shortlist of scenic, crossland and SEAT.

There was a minor issue when I collect my car <_< , was fix after half an hr.Will update more once I drive it for over a month

What I like:

SEAT Full Link (Mirror Link, Android Auto & Apple Car play)
8" Colour Touch Screen
Front Assist (City Emergency Braking + Pedestrian Protection)

Park Assist (where to find at this price point)
Blind Spot Detection

Good driver view 

adaptive cruise control

SE (Iris) is good and helpful, willing to go the extra mile for u

What I dislike:

3 year warranty only

Start stop seem laggish

no interior support handle
no sunglasses compartment

boring looking rims

seat adjusting using knob 

red colour must top up $

benji7 check with your SE . Maybe the colour u chosen might not have ready stock? mine took about a month  :XD:

Hi guys, I am pleased to say I have picked up my car. Still owe bro keepmoving my input about the car. 

I will start from the very beginning. I had own a Perodua kelisa 1.0 (A car that float when drove about 100km/h, Ford Fiesta 1.0(Very driver orientate car, passenger sitting behind me will exp leg numbness) and Toyota Aqua 1.5(u smile every time u look at your FC but grumpy every time u step on the gas). I shortlisted my car with a few things in mind, it have to be a SUV and around 90k. There is quite a few choices like crossland, scenic, vezel, chr(entry) ,vitara and kona. SEAT hit the right spot with good gadget, design and decent pick up speed. Most impt is wife think same same haha. The only worry we have is how good is the after sales support and the horror story of its gearbox. Nonetheless we went down to test drive it .surprising we very good impression, the car is really easy to drive, decent noise insulation, I am 1.83 and rear passenger still have good legroom  [laugh]  ! Boot size is good compare to other crossover. We decide to take the risk after a final shortlist of scenic, crossland and SEAT.

There was a minor issue when I collect my car <_< , was fix after half an hr.Will update more once I drive it for over a month

What I like:

8" Colour Touch Screen

Blind Spot Detection

Good driver view 

adaptive cruise control

What I dislike:

3 year warranty only

Start stop seem laggish

boring looking rims

red colour must top up $

benji7 check with your SE . Maybe the colour u chosen might not have ready stock? mine took about a month  :XD:

Enjoy your new ride

Congrats Ericwur! Hope our cars will be as reliable as the best!

Let me know what you think about these too - the auto lights are a little bit enthusiastic and turn on even under short underpasses (still better than Toyota’s system), and the auto wipers don’t really wipe at top speed even when it’s been raining cats and dogs like recently. Also recently, I left the rear wiper on when I parked my car but it didn’t activate again until the front auto wipers came on, so that’s good programming.

Everything else works fine, IMO. And I’m happy to use the rotary seat incline knob, rather than the lever in Asian cars, gives a finer tune, I think.

Oh yeah after 6 months, the new car smell is finally gone.

Thanks Keepmoving! 

For the Arona owners here - You can find the e-manual for your reference at here: https://www.seat.co.uk/datamanual-manual/arona/my18_w27/en-uk/ARONA_07_17_EN.pdf

Sorry can’t help you Benji7. Mine was first batch and it took 5 months.

I’m guessing a lot of you will have been like me driving in heavy rain for the last few weeks. Happy to say the Arona has acquitted itself well in the wet conditions. But one day a warning sign lit up, and unlike my previous cars, there’s no explanation of the warning in any of the dashboard menu, I had to check the manual. Turns out that it was a warning that the front distance sensors were impaired by the rain. That probably impairs the auto emergency brakes too. So be careful and have a safe ride!

Thanks Ericwur  - It was a very good review! I cannot agree with you more! 

When I booked the car, it supposed to be ready-stock lei... Orange with Black top, FR trim. According to my SE (Alan Lim), they needed time to do PDI. Not sure why the delay. 

Was also checking with them if modifying ODB via gadgets like ODBEleven will void the warranty - but I guessed it is a "yes" - was secretly hoping to add "Lane Keeping Assist" and "Traffic Jam Assist" (available in Ateca). :-) 

Btw, you can ask for 2 years extended warranty, for $1,500. 

I will start from the very beginning. I had own a Perodua kelisa 1.0 (A car that float when drove about 100km/h, Ford Fiesta 1.0(Very driver orientate car, passenger sitting behind me will exp leg numbness) and Toyota Aqua 1.5(u smile every time u look at your FC but grumpy every time u step on the gas). I shortlisted my car with a few things in mind, it have to be a SUV and around 90k. There is quite a few choices like crossland, scenic, vezel, chr(entry) ,vitara and kona. SEAT hit the right spot with good gadget, design and decent pick up speed. Most impt is wife think same same haha. The only worry we have is how good is the after sales support and the horror story of its gearbox. Nonetheless we went down to test drive it .surprising we very good impression, the car is really easy to drive, decent noise insulation, I am 1.83 and rear passenger still have good legroom  [laugh]
  ! Boot size is good compare to other crossover. We decide to take the risk after a final shortlist of scenic, crossland and SEAT.

What I like:

8" Colour Touch Screen

Blind Spot Detection

Good driver view 

adaptive cruise control

What I dislike:

3 year warranty only

Start stop seem laggish

boring looking rims

red colour must top up $

That a Helpful link benjI! Thanks .

Keepmoving I think the auto head like are pretty sensitive . Hahaha btw do u feel that the headlight is flashing abit to high? Anyone know how to adjust it... maybe I dun read/understand the Manuel properly

Anyone gotten their Sunshade customised for Arona?

@Ericwur - is there this switch next to the light control? I think i control the 'height' of the headlights

That a Helpful link benjI! Thanks .

Keepmoving I think the auto head like are pretty sensitive . Hahaha btw do u feel that the headlight is flashing abit to high? Anyone know how to adjust it... maybe I dun read/understand the Manuel properly

Anyone gotten their Sunshade customised for Arona?

Hi!

Yeah I don’t think we have headlight height adjustment like many higher end cars do (there’s a blanked out panel next to the light switch, don’t know if it’s meant for that). I don’t think it’s headlights are exceptionally powerful - having driven on dark roads in M’sia, I think the arona’s headlamps are no higher or more powerful than the usual halogen lights, so I don’t think the Arona headlamps are too high or an annoyance to other road users. I still love the LED lights tho, they look really cool! And I hope to never have to replace any of them!

I always turn off the stop-start system - I hate the ‘waking up’ and sometimes when you park your car and stop to put it into reverse, the engine can cut off. I don’t think it’s going to save me a lot of fuel, and I worry for the car battery, so I always turn it off when I remember to. Never tried a car where the stop-start works unobtrusively! Maybe on the very high end models!

Read in a European forum that the steering wheel linkage can squeal after some thousands of miles of driving - will be listening out for that. Seems it doesn’t mean that there’ll be trouble, but I would hate such a sound. Meanwhile am still happily speeding away, enjoying the drive and the surprising economy - and knowing that the car will happily whisk me away to KL too.

Never felt I need the customized sunshade as the air con is effective in bringing the temp down (also becos it’s a small car), and the V-kool fitted to my car does a fine job cutting out the UV. I do put up shades for the front windscreen when parked if the sun shines directly into the car, using a cheap and effective sunshade from Daiso - $2, can’t go wrong!

@keepmoving - Not sure if VCDS will void the warranty. But I know you can mod the car to permanently disable the start-stop. 

Hi!

Yeah I don’t think we have headlight height adjustment like many higher end cars do (there’s a blanked out panel next to the light switch, don’t know if it’s meant for that). I don’t think it’s headlights are exceptionally powerful - having driven on dark roads in M’sia, I think the arona’s headlamps are no higher or more powerful than the usual halogen lights, so I don’t think the Arona headlamps are too high or an annoyance to other road users. I still love the LED lights tho, they look really cool! And I hope to never have to replace any of them!

I always turn off the stop-start system - I hate the ‘waking up’ and sometimes when you park your car and stop to put it into reverse, the engine can cut off. I don’t think it’s going to save me a lot of fuel, and I worry for the car battery, so I always turn it off when I remember to. Never tried a car where the stop-start works unobtrusively! Maybe on the very high end models!

Read in a European forum that the steering wheel linkage can squeal after some thousands of miles of driving - will be listening out for that. Seems it doesn’t mean that there’ll be trouble, but I would hate such a sound. Meanwhile am still happily speeding away, enjoying the drive and the surprising economy - and knowing that the car will happily whisk me away to KL too.

Manage to join a friend who test drive the Arona.. good feel for a 1.0T

Anybody can recommend any friendly & good SE lobang (didnt quite like my friend's one).

Am looking to test drive the ALteca, though at the price range Arona exceeds in the price, more features.. but the space is a tad downgrade from my current ride.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1