• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
202 replies to this topic | 512 praises

Posted 02 May 2019 - 12:41 PM

nywa78
  • Premium member
    nywa78
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I reckon 2L version will be around Camry price, I will be watching how Kah will price the 1.5T version though.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:18 PM

Penknife
  • Penknife
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I reckon 2L version will be around Camry price, I will be watching how Kah will price the 1.5T version though.

that's provided kah wants to bring this in.

without accord, it's just a race between camry and mazda 6

09.08 - 08.10: Honda Civic EH9 (SBV)
11.13 - 09.15: Honda City GD8 (SGA)
09.15 - xx.xx: Honda Jazz GK5 (SKV)

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:34 PM

Thecarboy302
  • Premium member
    Thecarboy302
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Accord 1.5T available soon. Pricing from Honda's website, seems high given it doesn't have a VES surcharge. 

Accord_15T.JPG

Accord.JPG

Edited by Thecarboy302, 20 June 2019 - 02:35 PM.

Lala81, andrewyewkc and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Honda Civic 1.6 FD4 - 2007 to present

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:38 PM

Daniu82
  • Premium member
    Daniu82
    6th Gear
    Author Image

That's expensive. Maybe same engine as Civic turbo? Bigger body with same engine and with CVT.

Accord 1.5T available soon. Pricing from Honda's website, seems high given it doesn't have a VES surcharge. 

attachicon.gifAccord_15T.JPG

attachicon.gifAccord.JPG

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:39 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

attachicon.gifAccord.JPG

Same engine as the Civic 1.5T. Cabin and refinement while better than previous generation, is not premium level.

This time round, really took very long to come. The accord already released so long ago.

Once again will hardly sell. 

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:47 PM

Thecarboy302
  • Premium member
    Thecarboy302
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

That's expensive. Maybe same engine as Civic turbo? Bigger body with same engine and with CVT.

Same engine as Civic 1.5 but higher state of tune. Should have same power figures as CR-V. Honda Accord 1.5T in Thailand does not come with the full suite of Honda Sensing active safety features. Not sure if it is the same for the version KM bringing in.

Same engine as the Civic 1.5T. Cabin and refinement while better than previous generation, is not premium level.
This time round, really took very long to come. The accord already released so long ago.

Partly also due to ASEAN market Accord having only launched recently, Thailand launch only a few months back and our Accord is highly likely from Thailand based on past generations of Accords. I agree it will be a hard sell.
Honda Civic 1.6 FD4 - 2007 to present

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:48 PM

Columbian78
  • Columbian78
    6th Gear
    Author Image

198 stock horsepower from this 1.5l turbo engine. Not bad.

But I personally very much prefer if it comes with the 2l turbo engine. However, seems like sales in US not that good. Can feel this from the amount of reviews seen on youtube.

attachicon.gifAccord.JPG

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:49 PM

Daniu82
  • Premium member
    Daniu82
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I think most likely no Honda sensing equipped. At this price, difficult to sell. Buy Mazda 6 2.5L or Camry better

Same engine as Civic 1.5 but higher state of tune. Should have same power figures as CR-V. Honda Accord 1.5T in Thailand does not come with the full suite of Honda Sensing active safety features. Not sure if it is the same for the version KM bringing in.
Partly also due to ASEAN market Accord having only launched recently, Thailand launch only a few months back and our Accord is highly likely from Thailand based on past generations of Accords. I agree it will be a hard sell.

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:51 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

But I personally very much prefer if it comes with the 2l turbo engine. However, seems like sales in US not that good. Can feel this from the amount of reviews seen on youtube.

cvt cvt cvt ...

I think there will be buyers there. Cos there are buyers for the V6 accord previously. And acura only has the RDX which is brand new and also SUV.

So the people looking to stick to honda/japanese sedan but with power will have to choose the v6 camry, avalon, mz6 2.5T or 2.0 accord.

But of course the CRV outsells the accord by a large margin nowadays. Similar to all executive sedans, camry/altima etc.

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:53 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

cvt cvt cvt ...

I think there will be buyers there. Cos there are buyers for the V6 accord previously. And acura only has the RDX which is brand new and also SUV.

So the people looking to stick to honda/japanese sedan but with power will have to choose the v6 camry, avalon, mz6 2.5T or 2.0 accord.

But of course the CRV outsells the accord by a large margin nowadays. Similar to all executive sedans, camry/altima etc.

maybe i will test drive it when it comes out.

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:52 PM

MQX87511
  • MQX87511
    5th Gear
    Author Image

may be same engine as CRV 1.5T, turning up to 190bhp instead of Civic 1.5T 170bhp only

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:52 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

cvt cvt cvt ...

maybe i will test drive it when it comes out.

Saw the new Accord when i was in US recently. Looks quite good actually

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190621_125107.jpg
  • 20190621_125132.jpg

andrewyewkc and Lala81 praised this

Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:12 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Looks like a bigger size of the civic?!  [:p]

When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:22 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The large drop in the sales of the saloon car compared to the SUVs/crossovers certainly spurred the stodgy Japanese designers in improving how their sedans look.

When even toyota feels compelled to make their new models look futuristic or more exciting ... the only brand that doesn't give a damn is subaru haha

I like the fastback like appearance but not really the front and rear. Looks too civic and brash.

Looks like a bigger size of the civic?!  [:p]

yes. the accord has never really looked too similar to the civic for the past few generations, so i don't like this current generation looks.

may be same engine as CRV 1.5T, turning up to 190bhp instead of Civic 1.5T 170bhp only

yup just different tunes.

Just like the 2.0 accord in USA is a tuned down type R engine.

Would like to try their 10 speed automatic though i doubt i would ever get the chance here in SG.

Edited by Lala81, 21 June 2019 - 02:23 PM.

Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:06 PM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Though I am a Honda fan, I would rather drive get a PI C Class with that kind of money.

Much better specced too.

Posted 22 June 2019 - 07:34 AM

camrysfe
  • camrysfe
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i saw the accord in honda's leng kee showroom

looks like an xl civic.

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:11 PM

Penknife
  • Penknife
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Honda Accord at Leng Kee showroom. White in colour.

Got Honda sensing.

Heard from SE that OMV is abt 40

Edited by Penknife, 22 June 2019 - 04:12 PM.

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:46 PM

Penknife
  • Penknife
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Some pictures.

https://i.imgur.com/...fidelity=medium

[url="Picture 4"]https://i.imgur.com/...fidelity=medium

Edited by Penknife, 22 June 2019 - 05:55 PM.

Lala81 praised this

Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:29 PM

camrysfe
  • camrysfe
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Honda Accord at Leng Kee showroom. White in colour.

Got Honda sensing.

Heard from SE that OMV is abt 40

Omv 40k then how to price the car competitively.

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:23 PM

Daniu82
  • Premium member
    Daniu82
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Omv 40k then how to price the car competitively.

40k is quite high. Wonder what special features it has to command this OMV. Only because of Honda Sensing?

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users