• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic | 43 praises

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:28 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I'd generally recommend SLC (if you can confirm it), or high endurance cards for use in 24/7 recording or car cameras.

The best price performance would come from cards labelled as dedicated high endurance video surveillance cards like the Transcend or SanDisk high endurance, I believe Samsung also has one now.

I think ultra high performance cards like SanDisk ExtremePro also use SLC NAND and deliver higher endurance as well.

i previously used those cheaper budget sd cards for my card cam, but they get fried pretty fast.

samsung one works for me for a long time. for those investing in good in-car camera, its always advisable to get a better class & grade of SD class.

the class & grade determines how fast the image "video" is being written into your sd card, so of course if u're using a very good HD camera, it is best (in fact recommended) to invest and buy a good sd card.

u can test out the difference on any less than $50 car camera with a lousy SD card vs a good SD card. surprisingly, a good SD card gives very good clarity, resolution than a lower grade one.

remember Grade 1, Class 10 doesnt necessary means good. I'm using Grade 3, Class 10, Samsung. 

Use this link for reference. This applies for even your USB stick etc. That explains why some SD card are more expensive even on the same size.

I'm not sure what you are referring to by Grades.

Do you mean U1, U2, U3 etc.? U refers to the UHS class, which is a much higher speed rating. A card can be simultaneously marked as U1/U3 and Class 10. Class 10 is the original SD specification which defines the minimum speed the card can deliver, while UHS uses a different bus and is again speed related, so it does not have much to do with the endurance of the card.

At the same time, cards rated with high speeds are typically using higher quality NAND that might last longer. Speed-wise, as long as your card can sustain the minimum write speed of your camera's bit rate, you don't need much higher than that. But as you say, high resolution video requires a pretty hefty minimum write speed that the card must handle.

Edited by 7hm, 05 February 2019 - 03:30 PM.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:59 AM

rosvki
  • Premium member
    rosvki
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I'd generally recommend SLC (if you can confirm it), or high endurance cards for use in 24/7 recording or car cameras.

The best price performance would come from cards labelled as dedicated high endurance video surveillance cards like the Transcend or SanDisk high endurance, I believe Samsung also has one now.

I think ultra high performance cards like SanDisk ExtremePro also use SLC NAND and deliver higher endurance as well.

I'm not sure what you are referring to by Grades.

Do you mean U1, U2, U3 etc.? U refers to the UHS class, which is a much higher speed rating. A card can be simultaneously marked as U1/U3 and Class 10. Class 10 is the original SD specification which defines the minimum speed the card can deliver, while UHS uses a different bus and is again speed related, so it does not have much to do with the endurance of the card.

At the same time, cards rated with high speeds are typically using higher quality NAND that might last longer. Speed-wise, as long as your card can sustain the minimum write speed of your camera's bit rate, you don't need much higher than that. But as you say, high resolution video requires a pretty hefty minimum write speed that the card must handle.

Yup, am referring to U1/U3  on grading of the SD card.
And yes, I am on Samsung Pro Endurance card, have worked for me the last 2yrs or so now, better than the under $30 ones that constantly fry every few weeks.

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Eurostyle T-8

Eurostyle T-8  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by tomasyoong  |  Neutral Newbie

Good car camera

Very nice camera nice looking. Got wifi can see videos directly on my iphone. Installed at the shop in bedok. Technician very good all t he cables hide properly cannot see on outside .

Hella DR820

Hella DR820  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by MilkMan  |  Neutral Newbie

Excellent value

Installed this some months back. Easy wifi log in with live view. Clear videos day & night. Recommended.

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Car Camera

Quick Reply

Tags: dashcam, car cam, car camera and 6 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users