• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
2626 replies to this topic | 6,926 praises

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

clement229
  • clement229
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

IMO, harrier TC at 150k is a good buy over the NA harrier which the PI are bringing in..

but at 150k, there are a lot more options for a 2L TC....(eg S60 t5, q50, mondeo wagon..)

I have to agree with this. Prices are very competitive over a wide range of cars with different segments.
Take the Q50 for example, they priced it at $149k (seen on ads and newspapers) , that interior is a better built than harrier & that engine is from a Mercedes E-class (Not the entry level engine of the E-class)
But yeah, different segments but still a 2L Turbo.
But definely the Q50 maintenance will be higher than Harrier Turbo. Apart from the new harrier Turbo engine that's is a beast , to be honest , the interior is quite outdated for 2017. Been almost 4 years since that interior existed. I kinda expect more from the harrier interior, considering the 2017 Camry's interior is a quite another step forward.

therock
  • therock
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

We should transfer Richard's review, the sales brochures etc over
More info less BS.. cheers
Theoldjaffa and Theoldjaffa praised this

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If Harrier uses 1.2T, i think it will sell better than cup cake.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

clement229
  • clement229
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Damn... I think many will confirm it will be underpowered to move a 1.7 ton car!! Hahaha!!!

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Damn... I think many will confirm it will be underpowered to move a 1.7 ton car!! Hahaha!!!

That's what customer wants.  Right?

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:13 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

wah so exciting, thread locked over an executive family SUV [laugh]

Well... it was old anyway and some cannot handle negative comments ...
Abt their rides ... so therr
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:13 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can can! hahahahahaha!

So... it was...

Harrier 6-7 second from 0-100km/h
Harrier Turbo 3.8 seconds from 0-100km/h

From previous thread right? These are the numbers lor

Walan eh... How much for Turbo? I want to buy. After that I go and tune the ecu, can be nearer to 3 secs flat right?

FourZero, Carbon82 and Pocy praised this

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:16 PM

Zzky
  • Zzky
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

LTA should put 0-100 (additional penalty) to the new VES

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

i went to test drive on sat, sharing my views below

- size of car, notable presence on the road
- sound proofing
- boot size is huge
- space for rear seat passengers is huge
- front sequential turn signals looks cool; would really loveit if they used sequential for back and side signals as well
- sunroof

Dislikes
- touchscreen on dashboard is pathetically small. those in japan seem much bigger ()
- from the boot, there is no lever/button for making the rear seats lie flat
- no safety options: blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic monitoring, tyre deflation monitoring
- they removed the panoramic view monitor, which i think is available in the japanese brochures
- lag before turbo engine kicks in

This is most apt to bring here
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

- exterior design

- sound proofing

- boot size is huge 

- front sequential turn signals looks cool; would really loveit if they used sequential for back and side signals as well

- sunroof

Dislikes

- touchscreen on dashboard is pathetically small. those in japan seem much bigger ()

- no safety options: blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic monitoring, tyre deflation monitoring

- they removed the panoramic view monitor, which i think is available in the japanese brochures

Go & read up on 8AR-FTS before you start talking about turbo lag.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

Wyfitms
  • Premium member
    Wyfitms
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Those who drive the hybrid, is there an eco mode too?
Hybrid on eco mode can get how much FC?
FourZero and Mercs praised this

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the C-HR in singapore uses what engine ar?

EDIT: oh 1.2L turbo

Seen quite a few on the roads already. seems like will be a popular choice due to it's funky looks

Edited by Lala81, 28 June 2017 - 12:33 PM.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

clement229
  • clement229
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Walan eh... How much for Turbo? I want to buy. After that I go and tune the ecu, can be nearer to 3 secs flat right?

Maybe if u lucky u can get 2.9 seconds? HAHA
U want 2.5 seconds also can but u drive downslope lor HAHAHA

Go & read up on 8AR-FTS before you start talking about turbo lag.

I saw the 8AR-FTS graph. The graph tells me that there's no lag leh.. or maybe no significant lag.. now with 6AT should be more responsive than CVT

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

LookSkyWalker
  • LookSkyWalker
    1st Gear
    Author Image

- exterior design

- sound proofing

- boot size is huge 

- sunroof

Dislikes

Was at the showroom recently.

The touchscreen is indeed small compared to those in Japan.  Think those in Japan uses the JBL system.  But I can't tell what they have for the Singapore version.

BM also throws in the following for the Premium model:

- 3 years free servicing (up to 60,000 km, or which ever comes first)

- 5 years unlimited mileage warranty

- Front dashboard camera (Thinkware F50)

- 3M solar film

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170627_164651.jpg

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:47 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

8ar-fts.gif

8AR-FTS in NX200t application.

The max torque comes in at 1650 RPM and last till 4000 RPM before tailing off.

I think the David is talking about the Atkinson cycle again.....

I saw the 8AR-FTS graph. The graph tells me that there's no lag leh.. or maybe no significant lag.. now with 6AT should be more responsive than CVT

Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:47 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

With the valve timing mechanism switching from pseudo Atkinson cycle to Otto cycle, confirm got lag 1.

Rem Atkinson cycle sibei boh lat 1 hor.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:50 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What is "Integrated Sport Driving"?

Was at the showroom recently.

The touchscreen is indeed small compared to those in Japan.  Think those in Japan uses the JBL system.  But I can't tell what they have for the Singapore version.

BM also throws in the following for the Premium model:

- 3 years free servicing (up to 60,000 km, or which ever comes first)

- 5 years unlimited mileage warranty

- Front dashboard camera (Thinkware F50)

- 3M solar film

Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

LookSkyWalker
  • LookSkyWalker
    1st Gear
    Author Image

What is "Integrated Sport Driving"?

Don't know what that means.

But a quick google turns up this:

http://www.ultimated...onal-motor-show

RX 350 EX – in 2012, the popular RX range received the new Lexus corporate identity and signature spindle grille. For 2014, the RX has been refreshed even further with a new Appearance Pack that is now standard on the RX 350 EX model. This pack comprises a re-designed bumper with larger air intakes to boost the muscularity of the front view. Other changes include new 19-inch alloys (as opposed to the 18-inch units on the outgoing model), as well as LED-type front fog lamps. For the RX 450h SE, the latest upgrade includes the LED interior lighting package as well as the adoption of the Integrated Sport Driving system which enables the driver to tune the Drive Mode Select to Eco, Normal or Sport mode.

I did noticed that there are 3 buttons just below the aircon control panel which says: "ECO", "Normal" and "Sport".

Didn't speak to any SE about it.  Was there just to recce.

Maybe richard_crl032 who has test drive it can comment?

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:20 PM

clement229
  • clement229
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

8ar-fts.gif
8AR-FTS in NX200t application.

The max torque comes in at 1650 RPM and last till 4000 RPM before tailing off.

I think the David is talking about the Atkinson cycle again.....

1650RPM is reasonable... quite good

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

Datura
  • Premium member
    Datura
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i feel that this turbo harrier will be more of a competition with the upcoming honda CRV and CX 5 which  all will be launching in july or Aug, rather than the dated XT.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users