Harrier 2017

SKX

Hi Andrew

Better go test drive yourself and see how YOU feel abt the car.

The last time someone asked us (those who have test drove), all hell broke loose in previous thread

Good, she helps you to save $30K

Haix, I guess so. I was happily reading the old thread until it got heated and terminated. 

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Thanks for all your good advice!

Can those who have test drove the Harrier give more comments about the drive, handling, power and nvh?

I posted before in the old thread.

Everything is relative. If you are coming from an Altis, of course one will find it smooth and powerful.

But if you are coming from conti turbo or 2.2L turbodiesel then one might find the power lacking.

• Praise 3

"Take it or leave"...What happened?

The questions i asked when i was there last wk:

1. luxury model has different rims ? NO

2. Is there options for interior ? NO

3. Luxury model got any different safety features? NO

4. Quotation for my existing car? Cant confirm

5. Any simisai ? Also NO... :)

• Praise 2

6. BM SE (looking over your shoulder): NEXT in line please. :D

Frankly, they only afraid not enough shipment allotment to meet the demand. :D

I posted before in the old thread.

Everything is relative. If you are coming from an Altis, of course one will find it smooth and powerful.

But if you are coming from conti turbo or 2.2L turbodiesel then one might find the power lacking.

Agree.

Just test driving it. Been driving sedan 1.5L NA cars. This is my first for SUVs. I find it smoother, more power, quieter in both engine and from road.

The wifey also approves it.

6. BM SE (looking over your shoulder): NEXT in line please. :D

Frankly, they only afraid not enough shipment allotment to meet the demand. :D

U r right bro... they machiam Ntuc cashier...only trained to collect payment

On 2nd thoughts, spent $1.50 get better svc than $150k at BM:) ...

Your last question might have been:

Am I suitable to be your customer? - No... ;)

Toyota sales reps have long been known to be inundated with business.... you are a digit on his/her sales targets...

Forgive them.

They have been spoilt by the hordes of toyota loyal uncle/aunties fans whose only questions for them are 1) what colour avail and 2)when deliver? 

Suddenly they get this group of younger non-traditional buyers for the Harrier Turbo asking "funny" questions, they got stumped. 

My father is one of the hordes.  :D

U r right bro... they machiam Ntuc cashier...only trained to collect payment

On 2nd thoughts, spent $1.50 get better svc than $150k at BM:) ...

• Praise 1

saw the harrier and test drove. impressed with the drive, if only the Lux version was available for viewing too.  

The one displayed in showroom is only Premium version? Btw, can walk in or not.. I am interested

The one displayed in showroom is only Premium version? Btw, can walk in or not.. I am interested

of coz can... just walk in and say hey my SE over there... then siam lor..

say it is the latest and newest 2018 Facelift Forrester

facelift, butt lift, engine lift, brand lift, all new and lifted for 2018

Logo lift too? Haha!!!!

We should transfer Richard's review, the sales brochures etc over

More info less BS.. cheers

Previous review:

Finally test drove the harrier turbo this morning at 8.30am Ubi Branch...heard some potential owners were there last evening until 8.30 pm with 200+ making deposits and 50 confirmed buyers from all BM outlets.

Summary:

- 350nm/227bhp certainly beat the BFL's 198nm/149bhp which I drove for 2 weeks recently ...but eco and std setting are obviously less responsive than subaru fxt until sport mode is activated. Fxt's eco setting oreli put a smile to my face and wacking it is much less stressed and rough

than this lexus engine ..surprisingly but perhaps not run in ??

- suspension indeed better and car feels tighten and more controlled that BFL and betta than fxt which is now left with ahem blue, gray and silver before next batch at sgd15k more

- overall road and engine noise are surprising better in fxt which I borrowed kaki's 2 mth old ride to compare for the 3rd time including test drivr at Lengkee

- fxt still looks bad and interior is dated but the premium version of harrier turbo test car was nothing to shut about ..not luxurious for sure but dunno when luxury model will be available for viewing.

Still pleasantly surprised with lower pricing of sgd150 to 157k but still big chunk of $ compared to fxt at 122k after trade in which BM do not offer. However, quite pissed and feel cheated to find out early birds under refundable sgd3k deposit offers practically nothing ...you can call now to book at same terms and conditions.

Btw elegence version that I prebooked under sgd3k deposit will be available and pending LTA approval which I hope will be obtained before 5 Jul for next coe bidding. If not, it will only increase from expected sgd145k.

Cheers.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Luxury version has a/c seats (must get if a model offers it), memory seats (must get if more than 1 person drives it often), softer nappa leather and extra 2 yrs warranty. OMV higher by $2k iirc.

Whether worth the extra $7k depends one one's preference on these extra features. I would definitely go for it as these cannot do aftermarket.

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 2

Hi therock,

Just found this thread.

Cheers.

@radx boss will you be able to move this post to be the first in the thread so that anyone who comes here can see it first?

Previous review:

Finally test drove the harrier turbo this morning at 8.30am Ubi Branch...heard some potential owners were there last evening until 8.30 pm with 200+ making deposits and 50 confirmed buyers from all BM outlets.

Summary:

- 350nm/227bhp certainly beat the BFL's 198nm/149bhp which I drove for 2 weeks recently ...but eco and std setting are obviously less responsive than subaru fxt until sport mode is activated. Fxt's eco setting oreli put a smile to my face and wacking it is much less stressed and rough

than this lexus engine ..surprisingly but perhaps not run in ??

- suspension indeed better and car feels tighten and more controlled that BFL and betta than fxt which is now left with ahem blue, gray and silver before next batch at sgd15k more

- overall road and engine noise are surprising better in fxt which I borrowed kaki's 2 mth old ride to compare for the 3rd time including test drivr at Lengkee

- fxt still looks bad and interior is dated but the premium version of harrier turbo test car was nothing to shut about ..not luxurious for sure but dunno when luxury model will be available for viewing.

Still pleasantly surprised with lower pricing of sgd150 to 157k but still big chunk of $ compared to fxt at 122k after trade in which BM do not offer. However, quite pissed and feel cheated to find out early birds under refundable sgd3k deposit offers practically nothing ...you can call now to book at same terms and conditions.

Btw elegence version that I prebooked under sgd3k deposit will be available and pending LTA approval which I hope will be obtained before 5 Jul for next coe bidding. If not, it will only increase from expected sgd145k.

Cheers.

And this one too
↡ Advertisement