COE Bidding – 2nd Round of July 2017

Carbon82

I think cat a will drop 5k due to weak demand and no new models. Cat b n e maintain at around 50k. Cat c will cheong n close above cat a n b.

Remember that cat A is more for price conscious buyers than new models. Given that fewer coes in the coming months many on the sidelines may actually pull the trigger

Turbocharged

My bro in law bought a crv for $160+k in those time...think around 2014...

2014 COE was about 70k. Thereafter, every year avg drop of 10k

From now till 31 Aug:

1) Is PHV bidding?  [:|]

2) Is any car dealers still try to clear their non Euro 6 petrol models and means die die must get COE?

From 1 Sept to 31 Dec:

1) Is PHV bidding? 

2) Enough Euro 6 petrol models to sustain the market? 

3) Mad rush to meet the VES deadline started? - which usually are.  [dizzy]

• Praise 1

Gimmicks gimmick la ... if COE up 2k later they might only increase 1k to make it so attractive ! If COE down 1k they just adjust 1k gown lo ... in the end the price still remain the same before increase .

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Mazda increases car price today.

Just 2 days before bidding Chu pattern..

I think they have committed some G-COE, with the cushion of $4-5k, they are worried COE may goes up. whatever increase is to offset that. AD always wins whether COE up or down as what other MCF members have said. system is designed for them. we shall see tomorrow 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Mazda increases car price today.

Just 2 days before bidding Chu pattern..

they always increase price one to three days before bidding, their tactics, but COE pricing still dropped few times after the results are out

• Praise 2

they always increase price one to three days before bidding, their tactics, but COE pricing still dropped few times after the results are out

Increase 2k first, if coe goes up, they increase further, ultimately someone have to pay for the RitzCarlton's satays. Same pattern like MI few weeks back when they had an event. There's no free lunch.

• Praise 2

My prediction for this round will go up by $1K....

CAT A - 43,100

CAT B - 51,000

CAT C - 41,500

CAT E - 52,100

Reason:  some car price has go up and some new facelift version are coming.

• Praise 2

My prediction for this round will go up by $1K....

CAT A - 43,100

CAT B - 51,000

CAT C - 41,500

CAT E - 52,100

Reason: some car price has go up and some new facelift version are coming.

so paradoxical...shouldn't it be coe up thus car prices up instead of the other way round... its RIGGED!!
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

Friend went down to Borneo yesterday and was told be SE who was his friend actually that they sold close to 400 Harriers since it was launched. Borneo managed to secure some of the COEs last round so surely Cat B will be under pressure not only this round but in the months ahead and delivery is now up to Dec 2017 so I'm expecting at least a $2k rise in this category and also Open. Meanwhile, Mazda is committing guaranteed COE for their newly launched CX5!

Cat A should be flat or slight increase as no major new models being launched but there are bookings for the facelifted Altis which traditionally is a best seller. Euro 6 engine resulting in slightly higher hp and torque plus added safety airbags makes it a popular B & B car, my 2 cents.

Don't forget the FXT too. Long tailback of orders until Nov delivery. Jag XE oso quite aggressive lately. Audi same same as A4, A6 prices quite attractive. Lexus still has unfulfilled orders for its ES250 Euro 5 stock clearance, Volvo lelong-ing their XC60, Merc's C180 9-G still long waiting time, etc Edited by Soya
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2