Hyundai I30 fastback

Shouyi

Turbocharged

I find the sportback design a bit neither here nor there...

This is what it reminds me of most

arteon-at0073-teaser-exterieur-basis-lin

But with shorter rear deck.

Almost looks hunchbacked as a result.

Hope Komoco can bring this model in. It looks like a Porsche Panamera from the side angle.

If the 1.4 T-GDI DCT can be priced under $110K, I believe there is a market for it.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/hyundai-i30-fastback-unveiled-ahead-2018-launch

If below $110k (which likely will be since Tucson 1.6T can get below $120k) will definitely be a seller....

If below $110k (which likely will be since Tucson 1.6T can get below $120k) will definitely be a seller....

Impossible... the i-series are considered premium models cos they are exclusive to Europe and they are made to compete with the major Continental brands' compact range... so things like suspension, tuning, interior materials, etc are of better quality than your run-of-the-mill Hyundais...

(edited)

Impossible... the i-series are considered premium models cos they are exclusive to Europe and they are made to compete with the major Continental brands' compact range... so things like suspension, tuning, interior materials, etc are of better quality than your run-of-the-mill Hyundais...

Oh i didn't know that. The interior pics look almost exactly like Kona except that it doesn't have manual handbrake (quite deal breaker for me wrt Kona). 

Thanks!

Edited by Kar_lover

Oh i didn't know that. The interior pics look almost exactly like Kona except that it doesn't have manual handbrake (quite deal breaker for me wrt Kona).

Thanks!

Wah... hand brake in the Kona... drats...

Wah... hand brake in the Kona... drats...

Yeah i actually had my mind set to get Kona next year but the more i looked at it the more i didn't like the wraparound black bumpers. And then came the handbrake.

Yeah i actually had my mind set to get Kona next year but the more i looked at it the more i didn't like the wraparound black bumpers. And then came the handbrake.

Don't all these mini crossovers have that black plastic cladding to make the car more macho looking?

Don't all these mini crossovers have that black plastic cladding to make the car more macho looking?

I guess so and i think having some of it is necessary to give it the SUV look but the Kona's one is a bit too much for me.

I have watched some reviews on this fastback. Wasn't as good as the hatchback and wagon variants.

Mainly because of the lowered ride, stiffer suspension and engine performance tuning towards dynamic than refinement and comfort.

A few has compared to Civic hatch too and voted for the later.