Lexus ES250, Jag XF 2.0A, E-Class E200, Audi A6, BMW 520

Odyssey2011

Supersonic

Imho, Should compare GS200t with E250. ES250 not in same league except for the similarity in model name.

Don't forget the whole thing started from wanting a fuss-free, basic driving experience w a badge attached to it. But since TS is flushed w cash, MCFers helpfully suggested he blow his $$ on the most expensive badge of the five lor.

And who says we onli like to OT here?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I am buying one of these, new one from AD for my next 10 years usage, my annual driving is around 18k mileage, seldom do long distance drive.

Reliability, how much do i need to set a budget for repair cost (not under servicing and maintenance) for these model typically for 10 years driving. What are the typical problem parts which need repairing?

I am not sure how to choose, i am fine with all these car style and handling and electronics. Seeking advices from the many car gurus here, which car is a smart buy? considering cost and maintenance. Thank you.

To be honest, if you're not so brand conscious, I'll strongly recommend the ES250. very comfortable. and maintenance not much of a worry since it's a Japanese car. The power not really there, but it's very smooth and comfortable. A very understated car that many fail to understand... 

• Praise 3

Don't forget the whole thing started from wanting a fuss-free, basic driving experience w a badge attached to it. But since TS is flushed w cash, MCFers helpfully suggested he blow his $$ on the most expensive badge of the five lor.

And who says we onli like to OT here?

Fuss free                        - ES250

Basic driving experience - ES250

Badge                             - E250

Isn't the choice obvious?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Fuss free - ES250

Badge - E250

Money no issue n badge is king.

Maybe we shld recommend Bentley instead

(edited)

Fuss free                        - ES250

Badge                             - E250

Mercedes and Lexus both are reliable car.

I feel Lexus isn't much smaller badge than Mercedes, somehow to me it appears quite the same category, both Merc and Lexus are common premium car, we see them almost everywhere. Only the Jag is more attention seeking. 

We really appreciate Lexus customer service, the sale person is nice and very attentive. They surprised us when they served us coffee during our first visit. Great service, my wife was impressed. 

Both cars driving and handling meet my expectation, both cars feel solid enough to me, stable enough and quiet enough. BHP and Torque, i don't really care much. 

Then when we compare their interior, Mercedes wins as theirs are slight more advance, more choices of colour and pattern and other accessories. As both cars meet our budget, we just go for the better interior and more choices. 

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 2

Fuss free - ES250

Badge - E250

Yes. Choice is obvious.

Buy ES250

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Yes. Choice is obvious.

Buy ES250 ðð¼

And change badge to E250 ð

Woho.....you don't have to do that. I drive my ES250 with ppl around having Merserati, BMW, Audi and Merc when we play basketball.....They all think it is a nice car. Actually none of them ever say BMW or Merc better.

You cannot compare a BMW 318 with ES250. Closer to it is 520 or 523......and up then you will compare which one is better. Or even to individual preference over pricing. So it is no longer a badge thing these days.

• Praise 1

Reminds me of this personal experience.... 

One day my then 4yrs old son suddenly point to my GS front grill and put up his fist to his forehead with index finger and thumb unfurled and said: "Papa... Loser!"  [:p]

post-24957-0-19169500-1501947601.jpg

He definitely has too much sit in with my CO when she watches her favourite Big Bang Theory..  :D

Yes. Choice is obvious.

Buy ES250

Watching NDP yesterday clearly reminded us of the pecking order:

PM came in Lexus LS460

President came in S Class

• Praise 2

Woho.....you don't have to do that. I drive my ES250 with ppl around having Merserati, BMW, Audi and Merc when we play basketball.....They all think it is a nice car. Actually none of them ever say BMW or Merc better.

You cannot compare a BMW 318 with ES250. Closer to it is 520 or 523......and up then you will compare which one is better. Or even to individual preference over pricing. So it is no longer a badge thing these days.

personally i think ES is not in the same cat as E or 5 .. GS should be the one if we talk about same cat as E or 5. ES is like in between C and E. as for solidness... the E is better. you can feel it with the door closing sound and when you knock door sheet metal...lexus has hollowness sound.

Turbocharged

personally i think ES is not in the same cat as E or 5 .. GS should be the one if we talk about same cat as E or 5. ES is like in between C and E. as for solidness... the E is better. you can feel it with the door closing sound and when you knock door sheet metal...lexus has hollowness sound.

Absolutely right, need to compare apple to apple. GS is higher spec than ES.

Talking about solidness, I went to do up sound proofing for my ride and it does feels much better. Will be doing more.

Really?

If you ask me......who really calls the shot is the one who can tell you which person he wants you to elect....like it or not. <_<

Watching NDP yesterday clearly reminded us of the pecking order:

PM came in Lexus LS460

President came in S Class

• Praise 1

Really?

If you ask me......who really calls the shot is the one who can tell you which person he wants you to elect....like it or not. <_<

Haha....true oso hor.

If u choose your own boss, means u more powderful

So TS shld buy the ES instead of the E

(edited)

Somehow, I prefer ES than GS. It is roomier than GS, GS back row is very tight. GS should be more powerful, but will be a waste for me, as i would never able to enjoy its performance. I hardly drive above 90km/h. 

Edited by Odyssey2011
↡ Advertisement