Request for road tax refund after assessment of roads

Would like to know if it is possible to get a road tax refund because roads are not up to standard?

The number of roads on construction has increased and caused damage to car suspensions and caused hazards. Ie the workers anyhow place the cones and reduce the lane size and put concrete anywhere and. Then the sign "urgent road works" always have urgent construction?

In addition There are big rocks on the road - could cause massive damage if your tyre were to go on it or hit your bottom of the car.

The arrows of the roads are also not properly painted after construction - causing possible confusion. The old arrow marks are not removed either

Any one has an idea why they make the road in an S shape?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Road tax refund? Wait long long nvr increase road tax ald can smile in one corner

As in why its S because they repair the road one section by one section, so for that section expect S shape.

• Praise 1

Would like to know if it is possible to get a road tax refund because roads are not up to standard?

The number of roads on construction has increased and caused damage to car suspensions and caused hazards. Ie the workers anyhow place the cones and reduce the lane size and put concrete anywhere and. Then the sign "urgent road works" always have urgent construction?

In addition There are big rocks on the road - could cause massive damage if your tyre were to go on it or hit your bottom of the car.

The arrows of the roads are also not properly painted after construction - causing possible confusion. The old arrow marks are not removed either

Thanks

Although our roads are much better than countries like Malaysia and Thailand, 

it is not yet perfect and not as smooth as racing track.

Of course you can write in to LTA and seek for a road tax refund due to your above reasons. 

For those damages caused to your car suspensions and under-carridge, you can always bring LTA to court and

sue them for these damages. 

I support you mentally. All the best to you and may the force be with you

• Praise 5

Twincharged
(edited)

Heehee,1st Time i saw Person asking such question.... :a-fun: ,cannot reduced Road tax thru this way,but can write to LTA about rough roads....but too many construction...around...TS car,maybe is a $2 mil car,heartbroken to use on our lousy roads.

Edited by ER-3682

Thanks

Your road tax paid is siap siap water relative to the vehicle taxes. Why not seek you seek a refund on ARF instead?

Thanks

Yes agree alot of road work and never complete, here dig already that side dig, that side dig already come back here dig again

Hypersonic

ts has a wrong understanding of road tax

road tax is paid for the right to use public roads

it does not matter what condition the roads are

• Praise 16

(edited)

I also want to write in to request for refund of my income tax. 

The income tax is supposed to go towards nation building. That is the cover mountain cover ocean type of motherhood statement.

Why I still see homeless uncles aunties sleeping at void decks and parks? 

Why the public trees are not maintained properly? Storm come, branches drop and dent my car roof? 

Why traffic Jam everywhere? 

Why human jam everywhere? 

Why my medical and utilities subsidies so little? 

Why the hawker center near my place don't have mee siam mai hum? 

Why I cannot get to vote for any president from any race I want?

Why freehold private property can become national hoo har?

Why am I asking so many whys? 

:D

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 10

Thanks

post-46412-0-07740000-1500770811_thumb.jpg

• Praise 14

Thanks

You ask like that, wait LTA send you the bill for road construction and maintenance.

Turbocharged

Although our roads are much better than countries like Malaysia and Thailand,

it is not yet perfect and not as smooth as racing track.

Of course you can write in to LTA and seek for a road tax refund due to your above reasons.

For those damages caused to your car suspensions and under-carridge, you can always bring LTA to court and

sue them for these damages.

I support you mentally. All the best to you and may the force be with you

Looks like you have not driven to Malaysia and Thailand for quite a while. Look at the quality and the condition of the expressways.

Aiyah....you all so rich. Even coe that costs 50k is sup sup soy for you all and many are jubilant paying the price of a sports car for a piece of paper. Rd tax is 1-2k......10 yrs 10-20k nia for you all. The gov makes us feels very rich so many dont mind splurging on everything including cars, bikes and properties. Whats there to complain?

Supersonic

Yes agree alot of road work and never complete, here dig already that side dig, that side dig already come back here dig again

I already got to used Sg roads being half past six all the time.

If a road is newly paved, expect it to last a few weeks before someone comes and dig again.

Looks like you have not driven to Malaysia and Thailand for quite a while. Look at the quality and the condition of the expressways.

Thsts why the cars in every other country is very much cheaper.....

Twincharged

They won't refund. But if hit pothole and got suspension damage or wheel damage can claim from LTA. Be prepared to give the exact location and measure the pothole width, length and depth. The whole process took about 1 year.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2