Anyone tried tire coating to prevent puncture?

JuveZzZ

Supercharged

As above, https://www.facebook.com/K.Y.C.TyreGarage/

Is it good? For 4 tyres is about $270 16" wheels

To be honest .. it is just some little household trick .. from what I see is they line the inner surface will something like glue or stick substance like those used to mend your slip sole of your shoe. when they poke a nail through and touches the sticky material..so when they pull the nail out, it bring along the sticky material through the hole and seal it. like those traditional patching where u poke the hole with a strip of material and then put it out to block the hole. 

my concern is how long the thing can tahan? will the sticky thing degrade over time and harden and start to leak. secondly how would it affect the performance of the tires with the extra layer in term of vibration. for me i wont do it. not worth.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

pay for conti seal and pirelli seal inside tires instead if available for your tire size

don't waste time and money on aftermarket options

:D

• Praise 2

(edited)

Don't waste $$$ la. (Good) tyre manufacturers spend so much time and $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to develop a tire and to get the rubber compound right, you go spray some cheapo coating on it think will make things better?

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

looks good for those heading to North often.

bro.....270×3.11.....can get many good tyres with that price.....1 new set of 4 pc somemore!
  • Praise 1

Don't waste $$$ la. (Good) tyre manufacturers spend so much time and $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to develop a tire and to get the rubber compound right, you go spray some cheapo coating on it think will make things better?

I see the video, they spray the inside of the tyre. So should not affect the performance of the tyre right?

• Praise 1

Say bye bye to TPMS sensors (if not already installed).

Coating on the rim surface easy to clean every tyre change?

• Praise 1

Supercharged

As above, https://www.facebook.com/K.Y.C.TyreGarage/

Is it good? For 4 tyres is about $270 16" wheels

will limit capability of the tires.

I saw one 'honest' advert from such shop, they say up to 90km/h if the sealant is used.

after that, all the rest of the adverts from other retailers say no limits. you can go think for yourself. haha

I see the video, they spray the inside of the tyre. So should not affect the performance of the tyre right?

Considering it will affect your sidewall stiffness, I'd say it will definitely be an issue.

Twincharged

I have similar thing on my tubeless MTB tires. Dunno if it is the same thing but I guess it is going to be really hard to clean up and redo the sealant once it dries and hardens up. In our climate, these kind of stuff dry up very fast then got to redo again. 

I have similar thing on my tubeless MTB tires. Dunno if it is the same thing but I guess it is going to be really hard to clean up and redo the sealant once it dries and hardens up. In our climate, these kind of stuff dry up very fast then got to redo again. 

I think different lah.

What's use in tubeless MTB is sealant.  Car version also got.

This 1 is a layer of coating on tyre inner wall.

↡ Advertisement