Amazon Prime Now Launch in Singapore

Ender

Hypersonic

Lai liao lai liao, lauching in Singapore ... can enjoy the benefit of prime member like the fast delivery..

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/e-commerce-giant-amazon-to-launch-in-singapore-this-week-report

E-commerce giant Amazon to launch in Singapore this week

SINGAPORE (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Global e-commerce giant Amazon is set to launch its services in Singapore, marking its entry into South-east Asia.

According to popular tech site Techcrunch, the launch could happen as early as this week, based on the teasers posted on social media by the influencer community in the island republic.

Among the influencers include Jaime Teo, theramengirl, Charmaine Seah-Ong and lifestyle portal superadrianme.com with the hashtag #dontsaybojio.

While there is no official Amazon branding present in the teasers, keen-eyed users managed to spot the distinctive blue tick, which is used by Amazon Prime Now.

The launch, according to the portal, will see services such as Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime Now fast delivery and Amazon's e-commerce services made available to Singapore's population, which numbers over five million people.

No details on pricing are available at the moment.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic

Could be starting with groceries stuff first as was first announced in a few post back.

Supersonic

Install Amazon Prime Now app and select Singapore.

Interesting to see what items are available and compared to Amazon USA price.

Supercharged

Visa promo: S$20 off 1st order (min S$40).

nothing much from USA, except Amazon Basics...

local stuff all priced higher than NTUC, so only good is free delivery (for now).

• Praise 1

For a limited time, customers in Singapore will not need an Amazon Prime membership to try its Prime Now service. No details were given as to when the limited-time access would end.

Products available on Prime Now include grocery items, electronics, toys and games, stationery and beauty products.

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/amazon-prime-now-lands-in-singapore-app-stores-9066916

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

soon, more retailer going to see RED and close shop.

if amazon prices are comparable to other companies and with their outstanding Customer services, they will be able to filter out companies like Honeybee, redmart etc

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

soon, more retailer going to see RED and close shop.

if amazon prices are comparable to other companies and with their outstanding Customer services, they will be able to filter out companies like Honeybee, redmart etc

My quick review. Retailers still okay for now.

Amazon sg sucks. Other than the 20$ off promo, prices are typically sg prices or higher. No promo items at all!!!

Variety and prices pale in comparison to redmart (not to mention big brother lazada).

Other than a few similarly priced amazonbasics products, there's nothing worth buying. 2Hr delivery is also not useful in local context unless we are expected to place order right before leaving work. Redmart scheduled delivery is way better.

My suggestion is to whack 40 dollars worth of items for 20 bucks then go back to redmart. Redmart also has a damn good promo for new customers now. Total 100 bucks off your first 4 orders.

http://about.redmart.com/100-off-4-orders/

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Hmmm. I went through to the checkout process and you can choose a delivery window so I take back that part of the review.

The rest of it still stands tho.

I think got to be patient and wait for good promos. They will LL have to compete with the competitors on price. Hopefully we will be the winners.

Supersonic

I tried but the $20 off visa promo code doesn't work for me, is it must be new Amazon customer cos i 'm existing Amazon customer?

No idea. I also cannot.... but TNC doesn't say cannot leh. And the $10 promo works. Oh well.... don't buy lor.

↡ Advertisement