Amazon Prime Now Launch in Singapore

Ender

What?

Why would they want to charge membership fees?.....

Just look at Warehouse Club.....

Wait...Prime SG is Same as Prime Now?

NTUC Warehouse club, I think is really dying.

↡ Advertisement

NTUC Warehouse club, I think is really dying.

Yes, Consumers really like convenience.

Look at the increase of food delivery service...this is the real "Let the fingers do the walking" the Yellow pages tagline.

Less people willing to lug large trolley ĺoads of groceries back home.

Yes, Consumers really like convenience.

Look at the increase of food delivery service...this is the real "Let the fingers do the walking" the Yellow pages tagline.

Less people willing to lug large trolley ĺoads of groceries back home.

In the near future, all these retail stores will be gone, replaced by warehouses instead.

In the near future, all these retail stores will be gone, replaced by warehouses instead.

Yup

May not be warehouse retail.

More like fulfilment centres for 3PL to provode the last mile delivery services.

Edited by Atonchia

What?

For the one item, I join the one month trial liao. Get to watch Prime TV on Chrome now.. [laugh]  [laugh]  . But I have to set a reminder for cancellation once the trial period is up..

Warehouse is really 1990's, 2000's idea  .. all the hypermarts in the US (Costco, Walmart, Target) started this whole concept and they are now struggling with competition from the likes of Amazon.

I don't mean warehouse retail.

Simply warehouses to store inventory or even produce as per demand and have the sales items deliver to homes.

For the one item, I join the one month trial liao. Get to watch Prime TV on Chrome now.. [laugh][laugh] . But I have to set a reminder for cancellation once the trial period is up..

So its a monthly subscription thingy.

These merchants are also keen to keep consumer loyalty.

For the one item, I join the one month trial liao. Get to watch Prime TV on Chrome now.. [laugh][laugh] . But I have to set a reminder for cancellation once the trial period is up..

So its a monthly subscription thingy.

These merchants are also keen to keep consumer loyalty.

Since yesterday, I noticed that there were hundreds if not thousands of products that no longer listed in the INTERNATIONAL catalog.    Anyone notice similar? 

Seems like I have to join Prime membership at $2.99/month before I can order anything from Prime SG Apps. Although there's a one monthe free trial, I am not too sure if it is worth the hassle to cancel it, as I just only want to order one item and not buy from them for a long time. 

You can cancel it right after you order so it doesn't charge you for the next month.

What?

Just treat the 299c as a delivery fee and you'll be fine. Also, if you use citibank creditcard (not sure which), you'll get a 10% rebate on purchase and also a rebate on the 299c fee.

It's very convenient. Redmart/Lazada also has a membership fee. I have both Amazon prime and lazada membership.

• Praise 1

Just treat the 299c as a delivery fee and you'll be fine. Also, if you use citibank creditcard (not sure which), you'll get a 10% rebate on purchase and also a rebate on the 299c fee.

It's very convenient. Redmart/Lazada also has a membership fee. I have both Amazon prime and lazada membership.

So Redmart will be merge into Lazada from 15 Mar onwards.

So membership will only exist under Lazada?

So Redmart will be merge into Lazada from 15 Mar onwards.

So membership will only exist under Lazada?

No diff lor.

At present, you pay for lazada membership get redmart membership at the same time.

I think Lazada/Redmart membership is $49 per year so even more ex than amazon prime. IMO, both are good.

Edited by Kusje

Turbocharged

Since yesterday, I noticed that there were hundreds if not thousands of products that no longer listed in the INTERNATIONAL catalog.    Anyone notice similar? 

same experience but since mid last week, and strangely some items I added to the cart previously are still there but no longer searchable.

same experience but since mid last week, and strangely some items I added to the cart previously are still there but no longer searchable.

Yeah, same.  Now got nothing interesting inside ... 

Supersonic

I tried to buy from Redmart via Lazada. Seems like now it wants > $100 before free delivery.

So I bought from Amazon Prime instead. Free delivery for > $40

Unless Lazada change the > $100 for free delivery, they will lose some customers like me. [laugh]

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 2

I tried to buy from Redmart via Lazada. Seems like now it wants > $100 before free delivery.

So I bought from Amazon Prime instead. Free delivery for > $40

Unless Lazada change the > $100 for free delivery, they will lose some customers like me. [laugh]

if join lazada member, Redmart purchase above $40 delivery will be free, delivery for Lazada purchase is free (no minimum).