Amazon Prime Now Launch in Singapore

Ender

Supercharged

I tried but the $20 off visa promo code doesn't work for me, is it must be new Amazon customer cos i 'm existing Amazon customer?

strange.. i can use visa promo code leh.. and i'm an existing amazon customer.. 

↡ Advertisement

I just installed the app.   Range is too small for now and I find it hard to shop scrolling up and down even with the small range.  Back button when viewing a product brings me completely out of the category!  Will give it a miss until I can do on a computer.

I just installed the app.   Range is too small for now and I find it hard to shop scrolling up and down even with the small range.  Back button when viewing a product brings me completely out of the category!  Will give it a miss until I can do on a computer.

same problem with the lazada mobile app. irritating.

strange.. i can use visa promo code leh.. and i'm an existing amazon customer.. 

Just try again and the discount shows, must be a computer glitch, maybe response too overwhelming.

Supersonic

Just try again and the discount shows, must be a computer glitch, maybe response too overwhelming.

Whack ah!

At half price, sure can whack. At normal price, I give it a miss.

Sorry Amazon, I love you (your US website) and we had some good times but I'm not a loyal lover  :D Especially since you've changed since you've arrived in Singapore. No longer offering good prices with good customer service (this one not tested yet tho).

Anyway, your marketing campaign was quite lame (I read that you had gotten a few "celebs" to post on facebook that they received some items from you with your logo). Next time, save the money on promos for me and we might have a chance together.

too little items compare with amazon us

they have to get vendor partners from this region which I think it takes time, and maybe Amazon ask for bigger cut which many dun agree.

Well it's not all rosy:

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/birkenstock-ceo-accuses-amazon-of-modern-day-piracy

WASHINGTON • The chief executive of Birkenstock USA has emerged as an unlikely crusader in a growing battle between smaller retailers and ever-expanding giant Amazon.com.

His message to shop owners: Don't even think about selling our shoes to Amazon.

In a blistering five-page e-mail obtained by The Washington Post, Mr David Kahan last week derided the online behemoth for contacting shop owners and offering to buy their products at full price.

Birkenstock stopped selling its shoes on Amazon earlier this year, citing a rise in counterfeit products and unauthorised sellers.

Caveat emptor:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/amazon-accused-raising-prices-prime-day-deals-dupe-customers-into-bogus-bargains-1631875

A manufacturer says Amazon has been raising prices of products to double their actual recommended retail price, before artificially "lowering" the cost to create a fake "discount" during its Prime Day promotion.

Canada just fined Amazon C$1.1m for tricking customers with deceptive pricesREAD MORE 
Remodeez is a startup based in Charlotte, North Carolina that has invented non-toxic, odourless foot and bag deodorisers. The recommended retail price of one of its deodoriser products is $9.99 (£7.67), as agreed between Remodeez's founder Jason Jacobs and Amazon since 2015.

However, according to Jacobs, during the recent Prime Day event held on 10-11 July, Amazon said that the product usually retails at $15.42, but that it had been dropped down to the bargain price of "$9.99 for Amazon Prime Day".

Even worse, by the end of the 30-hour-long promotion, Remodeez says that the recommended retail price of the deodoriser product had for some reason been bumped up to $18.44.

"We put a support ticket in right away and I rallied some friends through social media to go to their complaint board and complain," Jacobs told Fox Business.

Supersonic

they have to get vendor partners from this region which I think it takes time, and maybe Amazon ask for bigger cut which many dun agree.

Don't need to talk about those electronic items where they have might problems with the distributors.

But if you look at their selection of groceries, it is seriously lacking. No quail eggs, no tang oh (the usual stuff that I get from redmart). Even their selection of bread and normal eggs also not there.

i think why we are spending money to buy in amazon because some items are not available in sg or it is much cheaper compared with local market. no point for them to duplicate services that are already in the local market.

unless they are slashing price similar in amazon global.

Supersonic

Does that mean Amazon Prime Now members will hv access to Anazon Prine Video too? (and vice versa)