Central Vietnam - Da nang & Hoi an

Jman888

Looking forward to Vietnam. Difficult to plan own trip?

not difficult in Da nang and Hoi an as the tourist service network has been there for more than 10 years.

Hoi An has more than 100 hotels and 600 homestay, you can either book through hotel booking website or airbnb, price can range from $20-$50 homestay, for more comfort hotel (not 5*) about $80-$120.

plenty of local transport and tour on internet, did my research here and chat online with the local private tour, plan whole itinerary and arranged every tour and transport needs here before depart and maintain whatsapp with the person on our daily schedule.

only thing I did without confirmation was the taxi to hotel which was adviced by the hotel manager that it is cheaper to take meter taxi [laugh]

I bought the sim card at airport (after immigration before custom clearance) that come with 7 days of 1GB daily data plus 50min international calls at US$6.

↡ Advertisement

@Jman888 thanks for a lot of good info ð Did you try homestay, fun or good experience?

I old people opt for comfort hotel with pool and less walking to the town [laugh]

bump into another sporean in the Hue tour, he stay in homestay that cost $18 per night only. Those ang mo who spend the whole summer there for a month will find homestay more economical. most of the budget homestay are slightly further away probably 15-20min walk but not too bad cos there are shops along the way to the old town.

wah you chose the correct amdl to sit opposite to

of course good time ....without wife right?

ð

I feel bad leaving my wife whole day where she sleep, eat and shop without me and me cycling through the sun and rain [:(]

Hypersonic

Looking at homestay for a different experience like live the local way. Sama sama no young, but may enjoy 5-10 minutes walk to see other ppl local stuffs ..... haha

• Praise 1

(edited)

Home stay in Vn sounds like a good idea.

Get to know the local people and customs

better. Don't mind if the host are nice people

like them.

:D

T127611-11.jpg

411d0b48038a113824d29b256730d7af--vi%E1%

2a8c63e6213afad3e0ad3e05320131b3.jpg

Security is a big issue with home stay

but I think I will be safe with them.  :D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 4

Looking at homestay for a different experience like live the local way. Sama sama no young, but may enjoy 5-10 minutes walk to see other ppl local stuffs ..... haha ð

sorry to disappoint you, the town is like residential estate with terrance house and shops, not the farmstay you might be thinking of. I should say more they are like hostel, you will see many AMDL around you, not the viet xmm [laugh]

If you are walking to town once a day and back is fine, but if you want to do multiple trips it can be quite tiring. You can read the TripAdvisor forums for more info.

Very nice trip. I always go HCM for business trip only. Need to explore to the north of Vietnam.

@Jman888 bro. You pre-book all your transportation between city and location from before the trip or book there?

Very nice trip. I always go HCM for business trip only. Need to explore to the north of Vietnam.

@Jman888 bro. You pre-book all your transportation between city and location from before the trip or book there?

yes i pre-booked with one of their 包车 services, the company also do private or group tour, i chat with them online on my itinerary and they advice on it and send quotation. I also have their number on whatsapp so that i can always contact them on the schedule, make last minutes changes and comment on the services.

Payment is direct to the driver after the trip so no need to prepaid with credit card.

PS:  i also use them as taxi for one way trip, not necessary have to book whole day.

Home stay in Vn sounds like a good idea.

Get to know the local people and customs

better. Don't mind if the host are nice people

like them.

:D

Security is a big issue with home stay

but I think I will be safe with them.  :D

Now I am feeling very insecure ..........  I need their protection pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :chilling:

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

hcm better mah....

hcm better mah....

I am not a city man.

All my holiday are usually plan to get out of the big city.

City is only the entry point.

• Praise 1

Thanks. Reminds me of the memories a few years ago at Da Nang. Their beach although not crystal clear has very fine sand. You can walk 50m into the sea and water height still at chest level.

Only bad thing last time mostly domestic tourist. Now after international airport only a matter of time this place becomes over exploit.

• Praise 1

We left Ba Na Hill at 4pm and went to Asia Park (https://danangwonders.sunworld.vn/category/explore.html), a theme park inside the city. The high ticket price stop many from wanting to go in, there was not many activities in the park and fewer rides compare to USS. It was very quiet on the weekend we went, most rides were waiting for people to come in so you probably get to the whole ride by yourself or your group, imagine how dead the place can be on weekday. However, the place is well maintained unlike those run down amusement theme park. 

Night scene in Da nang city area and Dragon bridge.

Wow our very nice Philips Lighting Dragon Bridge... did you see the fire and water show every weekend and holiday at 9pm?

fond memories of helping the local setup the dragon bridge LED lighting... :)

Wow our very nice Philips Lighting Dragon Bridge... did you see the fire and water show every weekend and holiday at 9pm?

fond memories of helping the local setup the dragon bridge LED lighting... :)

you worked for Philips?

we were there on Saturday evening waiting for the fire and water show, end up a bit disappointed, I was expecting something more spectacular [laugh]

Nice. Never been to vietnam before.

your drone can take a lot of nice and interesting scenery there   [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement