Battery Brand You Use For Your Car?

kobayashiGT

What battery brand do you use for your car?   

88 members have voted

1. 1. What battery brand do you use for your car?

• Amaron
    • Bosch
    • Boliden
    • Trane
    • Fiamm
    • Exide
    • GS Yuasa
    • Globatt
    • Varta

Internal Moderator

Hahaha. I got search leh. Fortunately, don't have such a topic. Heheh. Or did I miss it?  [shakehead]

Mod start thread no need to search one hor? [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

Currently staying on OEM brand but am really wondering whether to switch.

Probably would be Bosch or Amaron. There's a brand called PLATINUM that I'm curious about though.

I used Varta Silver Dynamic AGM in both my previous and current car. The battery lasted 6 years in my previous E90 and was still strong when I sent it to the scrapyard [thumbsup] 

• Praise 2

This poll is pretty much useless since it shows only the popularity of the car battery brand.

Battery lifespan are determine by the heat factor. Installing it under the car bonnet or the cat boot area does make a huge difference.

And the same battery brand could be manufactured from different countries. Therefore affecting its cost and quality.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

a very good piece of info!  [thumbsup]

Do share with us any maintenance tips/hacks you have 

This poll is pretty much useless since it shows only the popularity of the car battery brand.

Battery lifespan are determine by the heat factor. Installing it under the car bonnet or the cat boot area does make a huge difference.

And the same battery brand could be manufactured from different countries. Therefore affecting its cost and quality.

Supersonic

If you want your battery to last longer, move it away from heat.

If your car engine is in front, you'd want your battery to be in the back. But that would mean running a much thicker and longer positive cable.

If your car engine is at the back, your battery should be in the front (most supercars do this)

Give your lead-acid battery an equalizing charge every 6 months.

This is a high voltage charge (15.8v).

It needs to be removed from the vehicle and placed on a special charger.

AGM battery should not be reconditioned, as the high voltage can destroy it.

The purpose is for "reconditioning" the battery, to  return the sulphate ions to the acid. assuming the battery is still in good physical condition.

If you see your battery terminals developing salt, green or white, clean it up.

The salt comes from the battery acid reacting with the metal terminal.

For cleaning, you can use a paste of baking soda, some water and a small toothbrush.

Then dry it, and put some protectant over the terminal, like grease.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 5

Hm... I have been using Amaron batteries. However, in recent years.. their batteries like not lasting as before.  [lipsrsealed]

Glad to learn about other brands which is as lasting! Will give them a try  [laugh]

Internal Moderator

I face the same issue too! haha. I recently changed to Bosch. My Amaron batt was changed 02/16. Died on 08/17. Kinda short. 

Maybe is because of my dashcam. Got the surveillance mode. because my car died on the carpark. So I bought the battery and changed myself. 

And I improvised a battery heat shield. haha. Hope can prolong my battery life. 

post-137774-0-72017800-1502331869.jpg

Hm... I have been using Amaron batteries. However, in recent years.. their batteries like not lasting as before.  [lipsrsealed]

Glad to learn about other brands which is as lasting! Will give them a try  [laugh]

Hm... I have been using Amaron batteries. However, in recent years.. their batteries like not lasting as before. [lipsrsealed]

Glad to learn about other brands which is as lasting! Will give them a try [laugh]

Agree. Amaron quality is dropping as years pass.

German made batteries like Varta is still the number 1 lah. Especially the AGM models.

I had a Amaron Battery on my E60 for 5 years...actually 1 more day to 5 years :D

Today iDrive prompted low battery charging so i change to a Varta battery :p

In fact Amaron battery still stronger than the Original Stock Battery :(

The OEM one lasted 4 1/2 years but Amaron 5 years (although it is made in India) 

Personally I use Amaron car batteries, lasting me for 3 years and counting already! Bought it from Nam Wah, which is the distributor in Singapore.

Supercharged

Has anybody made use of Sail car battery made in China? How do you find its reliability? My car uses Q85 type of battery for stop-start system and the battery is due for replacement soon. I read about Sail batteries in sgCarMart and they appear to be priced competitively compared with other more well-known brands, though I have not found any user review on the batteries yet. Thanks for your feedback!

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3534

• Praise 3

I use Rocket Boy - Korea.  Kia sole supplier of car batteries ??

Aiya, the secret of Amaron longevity is Silver lor,  so as long as the battery mentioned silver or ion, then should be OK lor. 

Internal Moderator

To further protect my car battery. I bought a battery desulfator from amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WIBZZHM?ref=em_1p_9_ti&ref_=pe_58340_402080210

410pgXkgjKL.jpg

This apparently will help to extend your car battery lifespan. I think if every 2 years must change one battery, and i can last for the 3rd year, it is absolutely worth it le.

I bought it after i did my research on here.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/interior-electrical/impp-1105-battery-desulfators-fact-fiction/

Battery Desulfators - Fact or Fiction

One of the hardest truths to swallow as a car owner is realizing that you’re going to spend time and money simply maintaining the damned thing. This is doubly painful for enthusiasts whose performance budgets are really just maintenance budget surpluses. While this month’s installment of Fact or Fiction doesn’t evaluatve products claiming to show you how best to (or not to) modify for performance, it does examine whether a questionable maintenance measure can save your bottom line, to help get you going faster sooner.

The verdict: FACT.

↡ Advertisement