Opel Insignia 2017

therock

Bro, still have stock. Left 5 more units.

I can recommend you my SE.

PM me if you are keen...

Bro, the premium model all gone liao. This is as per the AG SE told me about a month ago when I was at the showroom and test driving it. Non premium model is still available though during that time

Bro, the premium model all gone liao. This is as per the AG SE told me about a month ago when I was at the showroom and test driving it. Non premium model is still available though during that time

Bro, trust me.

There are still stocks left.

Yes it was all snapped up 1 month ago, but stocks have returned.

I was curious and asked the SE for the available colors.

Left silver/grey, white and 1 red.

Trust me, I know what I saw...

grab it before it’s gone again.

Bro, trust me.

There are still stocks left.

Yes it was all snapped up 1 month ago, but stocks have returned.

I was curious and asked the SE for the available colors.

Left silver/grey, white and 1 red.

Trust me, I know what I saw...

grab it before itâs gone again.

Haha. During that time When I ask the SE when stock coming, he told me don’t know and not so fast.. maybe trying to tie me down to the non premium model.

After that I went with the civic 1.5T instead..

• Praise 1

Haha. During that time When I ask the SE when stock coming, he told me donât know and not so fast.. maybe trying to tie me down to the non premium model.

After that I went with the civic 1.5T instead..

Ah okok. You booked the civic already.

Heard from my SE that it’s $124,777 now and guaranteed COE.

How did you eventually get the COE? Previously you mentioned that you missed by $1 and after that didn’t get it in the most recent bid again.

(edited)

Ah okok. You booked the civic already.

Heard from my SE that itâs $124,777 now and guaranteed COE.

I booked the civic a few days after Opel SE told me die die no stock and stock don’t know when coming. When I pressed further, SE told me maybe end of the year will come.

When I was there price is at $119,777, now it went up by $5k.. and out of nowhere stock becomes available.

Edited by nywa78
  • Praise 1

Ok.  I have a few more comments with my Holden Calais (aka Opel Insignia):

a)  Fuel consumption:  Can get 6.6l/100km for city driving. (mine is a diesel 2l T).

b)  Good car to do long trips.  Comfortable and good FC (4.9l/100 km on highways).

c)  Good breaking.   Did an emergency brake (almost T-boned a fire engine) from 60kph, Car stopped flawlessly (e.g. ABS kicked in etc), good tire grip (riding on stock 18 inch, Conti Sport Contact 5s) without skidding. 

d)  Tires are good for wet weather driving.  

e)  Good torque (mine has 400nm at around 2400 rpm); good for climbing steep slopes.   

Dislikes

a) Rattling noise (comes and goes) behind the steering wheel on the dash.  Holden has asked me to bring it in (think they know the issue).

b)  The tie-back string of the back flap to cover the trunk can snap at the anchor (i.e. also, the contact point between the flap and the string can cause a rattle).

c)  Car has big turning radius.

d) Lower seating/foot rest plastic trim can scratch easily (and visible too given that it is black in colour).

e)  Some have reported before, at the point of starting the car, the car's info screen and dash will become super bright (like there was a lightning in the cabin) for a short moment before settling back onto normal/default brightness mode.   

f)  The angle on the petrol nozzle hole is a bit awkward . Need to angle the nozzle properly else the nozzle will not dispense properly.   Also, during pull out, given the weird angle (i.e. low), remnant drops of fuel might drip out and land on the nozzle hole or the body just outside the fuel cab.

g)  Some areas (e.g. below the boot line) and mud guards tend to gather water/dirt.

h) My model is fitted with halogen main lights (think the Sgp versions have LEDs) with Led day blinkers.  Weird to have two different temperature lights. Also, halogen lights not as bright (vs my old car and wife's car).  They shouldn't have used halogen bulbs from day one.

i)  Maybe not pertinent in hot Singapore.  The windscreen demister fan is very loud.  

Still happy with the drive.  

• Praise 1

am getting the insignia next weekend.

Canât wait!

Wow you're so lucky. We didn't had the same luck. We placed deposit for premium model in June and rushed for the loan appln. Price was $119777. First bid gone coz they claimed that loan not approved yet.

2nd bid missed by a dollar. $1! Seriously.

Subsequently they didn't bid at all. And just over national day, the dealer called and offered us $112777 for basic model and it will be guaranteed so it's a $3k on top of their price. I asked them if we can top up $3k for our premium model and he told me nope must top up $8k. I also know it's because of the recent hike in price of $5K + Guarantee of $3k. The way they delivered the message is that there is no freaking way we can get our car unless we pay more.

And end of the day they asked us to cancel. Worst news of the long weekend.

Who contracted on a price that they don't even think they can fulfil? Damn ridiculous.

Edited by Heather09
  • Praise 2

Wow you're so lucky. We didn't had the same luck. We placed deposit for premium model in June and rushed for the loan appln. Price was $119777. First bid gone coz they claimed that loan not approved yet.

Subsequently they didn't bid at all. And just over national day, the dealer called and offered us $112777 for basic model and it will be guaranteed so it's a $3k on top of their price. I asked them if we can top up $3k for our premium model and he told me nope must top up $8k. I also know it's because of the recent hike in price of $5K + Guarantee of $3k. The way they delivered the message is that there is no freaking way we can get our car unless we pay more.

Who contracted on a price that they don't even think they can fulfil? Damn ridiculous.

dont fall for the top up game and if they don't secure coe or ask you to cancel, take your money go elsewhere rather than giving it to them.

there is a reason why opel cars ain't selling well after the astra and they might just close down soon. 

can consider other cars around the same range such as skoda superb too. 

Edited by ferrytales

I think they are betting on COE falling

I think they are betting on COE falling

or they prolly secured another deal for the same car at a higher price thus they can afford to forfeit the current deal and ask him to cancel. 

either way, just disgusting way of doing business if its true, won't be surprised if they close down again. 

dont fall for the top up game and if they don't secure coe or ask you to cancel, take your money go elsewhere rather than giving it to them.

there is a reason why opel cars ain't selling well after the astra and they might just close down soon. 

can consider other cars around the same range such as skoda superb too. 

close down, really? I thought they sold quite a number to Gojek.

or they prolly secured another deal for the same car at a higher price thus they can afford to forfeit the current deal and ask him to cancel. 

either way, just disgusting way of doing business if its true, won't be surprised if they close down again. 

Unlikely Alpine will close shop. They are doing very well with PHV sales. 

Which SE was that? Its is very unlikely Alpine can't get u the COE till the point they are willing to cancel the deal

Rem, a cancelled deal means one less car sold. 

close down, really? I thought they sold quite a number to Gojek.

by selling to just gojek ain't gonna sustain their business in the long run. how many times can gojek buy from them?

there is a reason why other dealers like C&C/KAH/BM/KMC can survive this long is due to sustained retail sales apart from high profit margins for luxury cars.  

by securing a one time big business with gojek probably allows them to hit their sales quota for 1 year but can they repeat it again every year, highly doubt so. one of my colleagues got rid of his opel as he had to wait half a year for a small part with the dealer till he gave up. similarly for opel astra, it was a good car at a good price even when coe was on the higher side of 40+k range in 2017 but the profit margin was less than 10k for them to sell. 

even skoda died off and only came back only recently by pricing their cars competitively and if you compare conti cars in sg, there are many other brands here such as VW/Skoda/Bmw/Mercs/Volvo. If opel can't even get the basics right, they can forget about surviving in such a small and competitive market like SG. 

personally, I will put seat and opel in the same bracket and we shall see who dies off first. 

Edited by ferrytales
  • Praise 1

Unlikely Alpine will close shop. They are doing very well with PHV sales. 

Which SE was that? Its is very unlikely Alpine can't get u the COE till the point they are willing to cancel the deal

Rem, a cancelled deal means one less car sold. 

Let see, how many times can they sell to phv. There seems to be alot of noise about phv companies buying up their insignas but how often do you see an insigna running on the roads as compared to other phv vehicles. Probably the dealer will survive but unsure about the Opel brand. don't forget these cars were probably sold to phv at a good pricing too and it will not last long enough to sustain the business. some companies survive due to returning customers, customer loyalty such as hyundai/kia/toyota/honda/mazda/mercs/bmw/vw. 

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/MVP02-2_New_Cars_by_make.pdf

In 2018, Opel only registered 240 petrol and 61 diesel cars. 2017 was a bumper year for Opel due to the hot selling astra hatchback. 

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/M03-Car_Regn_by_make.pdf

For July 2019, Opel registered 0 sedans. 

Edited by ferrytales
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1