Lexus RX200t vs GLC vs XC60

Jiababuay

Hi fellow bros,

I jus started my homework on new ride as the old one to scrap in 6mths. I'm an SUV person.. present ride CRV... was waiting for the new CRV but it was a total disappt...so now I'm considering upgrade...

Have narrowed down to RX200t,GLC200 and XC60...

Any thoughts abt which one has the best value for $ in terms of ride comfort, safety, std features, resale, color choice for interior etc.?

Appreciate any advice to help me :) Kam Sai in adv.

Edited by Jiababuay
↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Hi fellow bros,

I jus started my homework on new ride as the old one to scrap in 6mths. I'm an SUV person.. present ride CRV... was waiting for the new CRV but it was a total disappt...so now I'm considering upgrade...

Any thoughts abt which one has the best value for $ in terms of ride comfort, safety, std features, resale, color choice for interior etc.?

Got test drive the 1st two?

XC60 won't be arriving in time for you I am afraid. Even if it comes, the initial markup will be scary. Advice you to focus on the Merc and Lexus.

GLC200 should be much cheaper than the RX.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

XC60 not in yet and I don't know when it will arrive, but it would be my choice out of those three hands down.

U want spacious and reliability get RX

U want safety get xc60

U want good resale value, value for $$$ and brand get GLC

GLC much cheaper than RX?

like that it's a no brainer ... easy decision

I would say about the same after rx overtrade

Hi fellow bros,

If you can stretch a bit, the new Range Rover Velar 2.0T is coming in 4Q this year at SGD290k ...  :wub:

That's hands down the best looking SUV around, and I'm not even a JLR fan. 

But otherwise, think can't go wrong with all 3 of your choices although they are all very different.

RX is quieter, and feels more luxurious and solid than GLC and is a bigger car and weighs 15-20% more - arguably it straddles the GLC and GLE. 

GLC, in my view, looks better, has more advanced technology (including 9 speed gearbox), is faster and more agile, and feels sharper around corners. 

XC60 - I love everything about it but the look of the back lights. Probably the non-establishment choice, but have to wait. 

So really depends on what you are looking for. 

• Praise 1

Hi fellow bros,

If you are swayed anywhere near the Lexus RX200t for a choice, you'd need to seriously compare with the new Toyota Harrier 2.0t (sama sama engine and platform) - which is outstripping the equally new Honda CR-V and Mazda CX-5 sales !

If you are swayed anywhere near the Lexus RX200t for a choice, you'd need to seriously compare with the new Toyota Harrier 2.0t (sama sama engine and platform) - which is outstripping the equally new Honda CR-V and Mazda CX-5 sales !

Harrier is based on the same platform as NX (width of 1835 for Harrier/1845 for NX/1895 for RX).

The RX is a size bigger.

Supersonic

Hi fellow bros,

What's your budget? All 3 are at least $60-$80k more than the CRV

the harrier share the rav4/NX200t platform. there is no lexus equivalent platform in the toyota harrier now from what i have read.

Got test drive the 1st two?

XC60 won't be arriving in time for you I am afraid. Even if it comes, the initial markup will be scary. Advice you to focus on the Merc and Lexus.

GLC200 should be much cheaper than the RX.

XC60 can book after 31 August. $215K

Since u can stretch on to Lexus RX just curious why never consider Q5 & the new X3 coming in as well? ð¬ð¬

I sold off my previous X3 (2.5L IL6 engine) within 2 years from brand new.

Problematic SUV ...

• Praise 2

What's your budget? All 3 are at least $60-$80k more than the CRV

Definitely got budget...but I tend look at more at depreciatn...hence looking at $18 to $20k PA..

Since u can stretch on to Lexus RX just curious why never consider Q5 & the new X3 coming in as well? ð¬ð¬

Its definitely jus me...exterior wise..I can't tell the diffce BTW X3 vs X1 and new Q5 vs old Q5 :)

Its definitely jus me...exterior wise..I can't tell the diffce BTW X3 vs X1 and new Q5 vs old Q5 :)

The A3, A4, A6 and A8 sedans also all look the same!

Audi's engineer merely photocopy the design blueprint and blow up by 125% each time!

Out the 3, GLC will be my pick although the rear bench is not as comfortable as I thought it should be. Nice outlook and interior.

Lexus' look very dated just as its Toyota Cousin.

Volvo has very nice cars but their pricing relative to their OMV is high. For e.g., V90's OMV is about 40k but selling it at 230k. They need to price it more competitively, I guess.

↡ Advertisement