BPL 17/18 - The Explosive Season Begins

Picnic06-Biante15

Bournemouth started the game well and taken a well deserved lead. World class strike from the left wingback.

However after Defoe missed his chance, the tide turned and it was Man City all the way. Bournemouth are very lucky that Ake wasn't sent off with that foul.

Mendy looks very dangerous on the left flank. The first time cross which Jesus missed was top class.

Bournemouth deployed a defensive 5-3-2 with midblock. Shape is good but they are not tracking City's runners. So many times City players are able to get past behind the defensive line through clever runs and pin point through balls.

Need to address that or I see Man City winning in the second half

I do not think Bournemouth will hit self destruct button in dying minutes like one little fool. Edited by Count-Bracula

R Sterling scored the late winner for M City in the injury time and got sent off in the dying minute after receiving the 2nd yellow. Bournemouth 1 - 2 M City. 

• Praise 1

Gutted for Bournemouth.

Both teams hit the upright in the second half and Bournemouth defended bette by withdrawing King deeper.

It just have to come in the dying minutes for someone to win it. Good finish there by Sterling but ended up being sent off for going into the crowd

• Praise 1

Sterling experienced the extreme high and extreme low in this game. That's life and football.

Glad won't see him in the next match though. My boy and I were chanting "Sterling out!..." throughout the game till he scored.

• Praise 1

Soccer is cruel.

Bournemouth played well and was able to contain City, patiently absorbing pressure in the second half, and had a glorious chance of its own to win the game long before it was over. And even till the death, they did not give up and had pressed for a winner when they smelled the chance.

Too bad it didn't work out and they actually conceded to the late late goal.

Wonder how can the ref justify another 2 min over the 5 min added... Trying to make up for that by giving another 3 didn't help matters...

Cruel blow for Bournemouth...

• Praise 1

Man Utd on fire... 3 wins out of 3

looks like a different team this season

Agreed that they look a different side but they got 3 wins from the same fixtures last season :D

Bilic might be the first manager to face the sack this season

Surprised he was retained for this season. The club is lacking in direction. All their purchases past 2 seasons were haphazard. Like buying and buying and hope for another Payet.

I'm alao worried for Soton. After years of being raped, their good run might be coming to an end. God, they were so boring last night.

Huddersfield under DW is like the old Soton. Played counter attacking football with decent defence.

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

Migs dropped apparently. Karius given a chance to stake a claim on that No.1 spot.

Will be interesting to see if Ox is involved in this game against Liverpool

↡ Advertisement