GGMU 17/18 - New season

RadX

Hypersonic

Another 3 points and another 4 goals. 

Whole of last season only one 4 goal win. This season already got two. Good start

• Praise 2

Many years back there was a beer advertisement by Hong Kong singer/actor 林子祥: 你怕黒吗?

Now same to opponents,JM will ask before each game starts...

The rout continues with this 4-0 win over Swansea. A alboured start in the 1st half with both sides holding well in defence with good chances till the 45th minute when Bailly scored from a powerful header from Pogba.

The second half came alive when Martial and Fellaini came on (for Rashford and Mata) and in a span of 4 minutes - Lukaku, Pogba and Martial scored within 2 mins of each other, with Martial being the catalyst for the attacks when he came on in the 74th minute. Best of all is the clean sheet till now and looking forward to the home game against Leicester next weekend before the Int'l break. GGMU! 

The rout continues with this 4-0 win over Swansea. A alboured start in the 1st half with both sides holding well in defence with good chances till the 45th minute when Bailly scored from a powerful header from Pogba.

The second half came alive when Martial and Fellaini came on (for Rashford and Mata) and in a span of 4 minutes - Lukaku, Pogba and Martial scored within 2 mins of each other, with Martial being the catalyst for the attacks when he came on in the 74th minute. Best of all is the clean sheet till now and looking forward to the home game against Leicester next weekend before the Int'l break. GGMU! 

Hope for another 4  goals win next week to make it a dozen goals in 3 games. 

Last year would prolly ended up as 1-1

Yup, the 15 draws (of which 10 were on home ground, which we should've won) made all the difference and teams weren't scared when they played at OT. Now they've to be real scared with the fire-power up front and I'm only referring to our regulars Rashford, Martial, Mkhi and Pogba gelling well, with Lukaku and Matic being the ace up our sleeves. The real test would be when we face the stronger teams. Game on!

Hypersonic

Zlatan to wear no.10 shirt

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Zlatan Ibrahimovic will continue his journey with the club and has signed a one-year contract. He will wear the number 10 shirt.

Ibrahimović, 35, made 46 appearances and scored 28 goals for the club during the 2016/17 campaign before suffering a knee injury, which ended his season prematurely. Zlatan has won championships in four different leagues since beginning his professional career with Malmo in 1999. 

Jose Mourinho said: "We are delighted Zlatan is on the road to recovery and we are equally delighted to have his ambition and experience back with us. After his contribution last season he deserves our trust and we will be patient waiting for him to return. I have no doubt that he will be important in the second part of the season."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic said: "I am back to finish what I started. It was always mine and the club's intention for me to stay. I cannot wait to get back out on that Old Trafford pitch, but I also know that I have to take my time to make sure that I am ready. I have been working hard and will continue to do so to make sure I am in the best possible condition for my return to the pitch."

ManU 2 (Rashford / Fellaini)  - Lei 0

First half was more parking of bus by them and us packing in their half and difficult to penetrate except for a couple of long-range efforts, which inched closer to the posts with each passing shot by Pogba. For what it's worth, Lukaku does not possess that finesse of Ibra and should have scored with that header.

Both Mkhi and Lukaku had off-days, with the latter missing a penalty. Rashford scored in the 70th minute, which opened up the game as Leister looked for an equalizer but that was followed by Fellaini who kneed-in the goal from another of these three substitutes, Lingaard. Another clean sheet with Glory! 

EPL Matchday 3 FT Score Update

Man United 2 - 0 Leicester 

Scorers: Rashford (70 minutes), M Fellaini (82 minutes)

Lukaku's penalty was saved by K Schmeihel.

Juan Mata put the ball home from six yard out in the 18 mins,  but the linesman's flag is up for offside, though the Spaniard looked onside. 

If this is last season, the game most likely ended 0-0.. but this year, the team has shown more fight & so far been able to finally wear down the opponent in the final 10 mins... If can keep this up, United can be a serious contender this time  [nod]

• Praise 1

Should have another 4-0 if Mata goal allowed n Lukaku penalty went in...

Lukaku is in my FPL team and was my captain. His penalty miss has cost me dear points.

↡ Advertisement