Round the world trip

Philipkee

Twincharged

PhilipKee

I hope along this trip this meet a wonderful person (lady).

I hope I will have to the privilege to give you the first ang pow.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

(edited)

@philipkee from Tianjin to Beijing is 30mins HSR. The traffic on highway is bad.

Every 30mins got 1 service.

If you miss Sg food, go to Vanda room in Parkson Grand.

Look for William, 1 of the bosses there.

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

@philipkee from Tianjin to Beijing is 30mins HSR. The traffic on highway is bad.

I think for rmb140 @philipkee paid for the tour bus hitch, can get a one way ticket for HSR from Tianjin. Am I right?

• Praise 1

Not true for HSR.

1) my ferry docked at the port at 2000 hrs and by the time we debarked and crossed customs it was close to 2130. So no public transportation and the HSR does not go to the port itself but to the city of tianjin. So if I were to take HSR I still need to find transportation to tianjin city then take the HSR to Beijing and will still need to take cab cos the subway closes by then (can't remember if it's 2130 or 2230).

Even if I could get a ride to tianjin then take HSR then take subway/cab, from what I understand it will cost more than "tips" to a tour guide that bring me to Beijing plus a cheap taxi fare from the bus drop off point to my hostel.

Also note that I do things on the fly. Meaning that when I boarded the ferry i did not know I will eventually have to hitch with a tour group for transportation to Beijing. By the way I think I was the only solo traveller there. Everyone was with a tour group.

Actually no one expected traffic to be bad cos we left the harbour at 2150 and encountered the jam at 2330 plus. We expected traffic to be light by then. I can remember cos there was a clock on the bus and everyone was calling their family members to wait a bit more with updated ETA.

I think for rmb140 @philipkee paid for the tour bus hitch, can get a one way ticket for HSR from Tianjin. Am I right?

I rem it's about RMB 60 for class 2 to Beijing South station

(edited)

Rmb 140 is for transportation from the harbour to Beijing plus taxi fare.

Not sure how much it costs for harbour to tianjin HSR station, the HSR itself plus taxi fare.

Note the time I docked. There would be no more subway services by the time I reached Beijing.

As edited info, from my assessment on the bus, the time taken to travel from the port of tianjin to the sign (welcome to tianjin) is about 10-15 minutes with no traffic (but stopped for a few traffic lights).

Edited by Philipkee

Not true for HSR.

1) my ferry docked at the port at 2000 hrs and by the time we debarked and crossed customs it was close to 2130. So no public transportation and the HSR does not go to the port itself but to the city of tianjin. So if I were to take HSR I still need to find transportation to tianjin city then take the HSR to Beijing and will still need to take cab cos the subway closes by then (can't remember if it's 2130 or 2230).

Even if I could get a ride to tianjin then take HSR then take subway/cab, from what I understand it will cost more than "tips" to a tour guide that bring me to Beijing plus a cheap taxi fare from the bus drop off point to my hostel.

Also note that I do things on the fly. Meaning that when I boarded the ferry i did not know I will eventually have to hitch with a tour group for transportation to Beijing. By the way I think I was the only solo traveller there. Everyone was with a tour group.

Actually no one expected traffic to be bad cos we left the harbour at 2150 and encountered the jam at 2330 plus. We expected traffic to be light by then. I can remember cos there was a clock on the bus and everyone was calling their family members to wait a bit more with updated ETA.

The nearest HSR station to Tianjin Port is Tianjin South. Most probably takes you 30mins to hit that station.

China HSR operates till midnight. Some more, most line from South will need to go through Tianjin or Tianjin South before Beijing.

Very likely save you up to 2hrs in time.

• Praise 1

(edited)

The nearest HSR station to Tianjin Port is Tianjin South. Most probably takes you 30mins to hit that station.

China HSR operates till midnight. Some more, most line from South will need to go through Tianjin or Tianjin South before Beijing.

Very likely save you up to 2hrs in time.

True. That was what the crew roughly told me also.

They then added the cost of getting transportation to the hsr and all that and they told me much cheaper to hitch a ride with a tour group. In fact they strongly encouraged me to hitch with the tour group since its late at night. Hahaha.

But I agree. I could have saved time but then again, now I am on this trip, time is something I have. It's like an adventure. In fact, this trip is something like a "mini gap year" that westerners take before going to uni. So time is not the issue. Getting the experience and adventure is.

Cos in all likelihood after this trip I will stop backpacking. Getting too old to sleep on double decker dorms and travel with uncertainty liao.

I took off the mask and could smell the fog. I wore the mask and nearly died. So hot now. But it's fun because it's things like this that brings memories as opposed to going to Melaka to eat.

post-57859-0-83563400-1529832210_thumb.jpg

Edited by Philipkee

(edited)

They then added the cost of getting transportation to the hsr and all that and they told me much cheaper to hitch a ride with a tour group. In fact they strongly encouraged me to hitch with the tour group since its late at night. Hahaha.

But I agree. I could have saved time but then again, now I am on this trip, time is something I have. It's like an adventure. In fact, this trip is something like a "mini gap year" that westerners take before going to uni. So time is not the issue. Getting the experience and adventure is.

Cos in all likelihood after this trip I will stop backpacking. Getting too old to sleep on double decker dorms and travel with uncertainty liao.

I guess because your Mandarin CMI. That's why they ask you to hitch ride lo.

No point waste time on road when you can get more sleep or night stroll in sanlitun.

Beijing is very nice late night.

AQI 107 ok la

http://aqicn.org/city/beijing/us-embassy/m/

Edited by Davidtch

A few more pictures from yesterday. Including the national museum of China. Apparently to take the shortcut back to my hostel I had to go through the museum. "Had to" because the shortcut meant I had to go through a security check before I could enter the museum and exit at an exit that was nearer to the hostel. Walking around the museum would take longer.

And museum was air conditioned so cooled down there a well.

post-57859-0-89569000-1529877600_thumb.jpg

post-57859-0-27388000-1529877644_thumb.jpg

post-57859-0-55014700-1529877667_thumb.jpg

post-57859-0-11773600-1529877698_thumb.jpg

post-57859-0-98736800-1529877712_thumb.jpg

post-57859-0-17385700-1529877727_thumb.jpg

• Praise 4

Twincharged
(edited)

I took off the mask and could smell the fog. I wore the mask and nearly died. So hot now. But it's fun because it's things like this that brings memories as opposed to going to Melaka to eat.

Go with your feel and with help from the ground. Us keyboard warriors here won’t know the exact conditions. It’s your holiday anyway. Why waste time back and forth with someone who isn’t there and telling you what to do.

You are on a holiday, so what if you made a wrong decision and cost you a little more time. Just go with the flow which is your intention anyway.

Enjoy your trip and take many pictures to share with us.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 9

Twincharged

Philipkee please remind me to treat you well went you return home. You look real wicked with the black mask.
  • Praise 2

Go with your feel and with help from the ground. Us keyboard warriors here won’t know the exact conditions. It’s your holiday anyway. Why waste time back and forth with someone who isn’t there and telling you what to do.

You are on a holiday, so what if you made a wrong decision and cost you a little more time. Just go with the flow which is your intention anyway.

Enjoy your trip and take many pictures to share with us.

Well, I took HSR from Tianjin to Beijing after 10pm.

They are a number of MCFer familiar with China

Turbocharged

The Hutong around the Drum tower area were really interesting as well, but this was back many years ago not sure if they tore it down already?

@philipkee go to Peking Uni. It is very beautiful.

Not forgetting temple of heaven.

• Praise 2

The Hutong around the Drum tower area were really interesting as well, but this was back many years ago not sure if they tore it down already?

Hutong is better protected now than before.
  • Praise 1

Hahaha. Too many things to see. Anyway, today I went to take the subway to recce the route to the train station. Cos my train is at 0747 in the morning so I can't afford to be lost on the way to the station.

Oh I went to peking university. Not allowed to go in. Tried to sneak in but hahaha security on the ball.

And just realised there is a tram near my place actually.

Tomorrow I plan to go to the mao tze dong memorial (it is opened in the morning only say on I missed it yesterday) and change my money to the Russian rouble. Then pack up and get ready to move on.

post-57859-0-59058100-1529909902_thumb.jpg

post-57859-0-94650200-1529909940_thumb.jpg

post-57859-0-56471200-1529909967_thumb.jpg

post-57859-0-40259400-1529910010_thumb.jpg

post-57859-0-17559500-1529910049_thumb.jpg

post-57859-0-55749200-1529910098_thumb.jpg

post-57859-0-64308600-1529910170_thumb.jpg

post-57859-0-12753600-1529910194_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1