UCL 17/18 : The European Elite Football Clubs

Maxus-MIFA9

Start with some new signings would be good :D

aiyah... this one dragged on forever liao...

left a week only... Will happen or not one?? Really buay tahan the suspense, roller coaster, mood swing, etc.

UCL pots for this evening's draw, Pot 2 looks extremely frightening as many strong teams in it.

Don't quite understand how come Ukrainian League is considered amongst the 8 best Leagues in Europe but I suppose the other Leagues left are no better?

I never heard of Qarabag n just googled that they are from Azerbaijan n kudos to them for making this far but I hope not so many one sided games as in previous group stages as it devalues the competition but I can understand UEFA wanting to give everyone a chance to compete in the UCL n not just the usual suspects n to be fair Qarabag qualified from the 2nd qualifying round so they are there on merit.

Yup, the competition looks really difficult to win, and there could be banana skins laden all over for the strong teams too, just as the weaker teams might end up being steamrolled along the way. Even the Pot 1 teams might not fancy having the English, Italian and German plus Dutch teams... 

Will be interesting draw - and this season i'm more interested  [laugh]

i feel so left out  [bigcry]

but on the bright side, no meeting bayern for at least 1 season  [laugh]

It's ok, can target to win the EL also mah...

Unless Bayern incredibly kanna knocked out to allow them to find their favourite opponent.  [laugh]

Ya agreed on the Pot 1 allocations of Champions though I'm not too sure if Ukraine League is amongst the top 8 but then again I can't really name another country's league being better than them though arguably Dutch league?

Besides Pot 2, there are also some strong teams in Pot 3 and Leipzig I suppose is the dangerous team in Pot 4 so i look forward to tonite's draw n some cracking games ahead!!

Based on coefficients, here's the current ranking:

1 Spain

2 Germany

3 England

4 Italy

5 France

6 Russia

7 Portugal

8 Belgium

9 Ukraine

I believe Belgium had overtaken Ukraine for the time being.

I would like chelsea. Man city. Spurs. Celtic in same group. Hehe... less travelling. Good for health.

No teams from the same country can be drawn together in the same group.

Based on coefficients, here's the current ranking:

1 Spain

2 Germany

3 England

4 Italy

5 France

6 Russia

7 Portugal

8 Belgium

9 Ukraine

I believe Belgium had overtaken Ukraine for the time being.

Good info tks! I'm even more surprise Belgium league can be this high!!

Best draw: Man Utd

Worst draw: Spurs

Just my opinion

Quite a fair draw all round.

IMO, Pool, United n City shld be happy with their draws though trips to Moscow n Ukraine can be tough n tiring. Spurs obviously got the group of death n Chelsea have a tricky opponents in Ath Madrid n Roma. Good luck to the English clubs!!

• Praise 3

Liverpool also have a good draw or I would say even better than Man United.

I made the comment after Pot 3 and felt that Man Utd's group better due to us having to make a trip to Moscow. Long trip.

But then Utd got CSKA :) so ya, i guess the two groups are comparable. In summary, we avoided the groups of death.

Good info tks! I'm even more surprise Belgium league can be this high!!

Quite a fair draw all round.

IMO, Pool, United n City shld be happy with their draws though trips to Moscow n Ukraine can be tough n tiring. Spurs obviously got the group of death n Chelsea have a tricky opponents in Ath Madrid n Roma. Good luck to the English clubs!!

City's group can be tricky too. Napoli is a pretty strong opponent. They way they took Nice apart is very impressive

If we strictly go by coefficient, there are the ranking of the UCL groups.

1) Grp H: 405.3

2) Grp D: 394.1

3) Grp B: 382.9

4) Grp A: 321.1

5) Grp C: 320.9

6) Grp F: 299.6

7) Grp G: 222.9

8) Grp E: 208.9

↡ Advertisement