UCL 17/18 : The European Elite Football Clubs

Maxus-MIFA9

Ok, is just a hope then. Cos you say like it is happening :D

Personally I don’t see it happening based on the current situation. Results wise maybe not that ideal but there is nothing very wrong with the team. No unrest in the dressing room and FSG are still backing him.

Out of curiousity, if Klopp is sacked, who you think Pool can get to replace?

Wenger  [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Another good week for EPL clubs in UCL!! 4 out of 5 wins as in round 1, the exception being Pool once again which is a surprise to me as I always felt their game suits UCL more so than EPL. N with a relatively easier group as compared to Spurs n Chelsea, I still feel they will progress once they find their feet.

Chelsea dominated Ath Madrid in Spain which was no mean feat with even Simeone admitting the better side won albeit with the last kick of the game. The Mancs continued their good goal scoring form with good wins but sterner tests awaits.

The EPL clubs have 4 of the finest strikers in a world football in Lukaku, Aguero, Kane n Morata n its with this quality which I hope will see at least 2-3 EPL clubs progress far in this competition to bring back much needed respect to the English!!

Lukaku?

As soon as possible I hope.

i dun think klopp will kenna sack this season no matter how bad pools play.

dun forget he is the 1 that bring them back to UCL . 

like spurs and man c. those clubs new to UCL  always perform poorly in the first few season

like spurs and man c. those clubs new to UCL always perform poorly in the first few season

Not forgetting the impact he had on transfer targets. Since the rise of the mega rich football clubs, I don’t recall Pool able to compete and convince player to reject them to join us. Klopp has that draw.

I really dread to go back to the days whereby our manager has to ask our captain to sound out targets. Sibei malu.

Perhaps, maybe...but ManU should (definitely) top their table :a-happy:

man u next game vs palace loh

6 game 0 points score.0 goals.

they gonna rebound soon, see which team suay kenna only

it just might be man u  :XD:

it just might be man u  :XD:

Again, perhaps / maybe...and although arse-luck is cyclical as in last season, don't think it'll be that soon for ManU lah, hehe.

Let him enjoy his retirement lah. Given everything to Arsenal liao. Pool job too stressful for him :D

problem is he don't want retire lor... he likes to be under duress leh... tmd

like spurs and man c. those clubs new to UCL  always perform poorly in the first few season

BR also brought Pool to UCL  [:p]

Lukaku?

I was on record in the transfer thread that Morata was a better buy than Lukaku even before they moved n whilst Morata has so far shown his worth, I must say that I'm surprised by Lukaku's adaptability at Man United.

Granted he is a proven EPL striker but he looked rather raw n not the finished product to me before this season but that dosent seem true as he has settled in at OT like duck to water so far n I also doubted his capability in UCL as the defenders there are more sophisticated but again it seems he has adjusted well albeit against weaker opposition but it's a good start nevertheless n with his physique, I feel he could be Didier Drogba II n being only 25, I see more improvement in him the more he plays with the better players at OT! Don't forget, he was the runner up golden boot winner last season playing in a much weaker Everton team.

• Praise 4

I was on record in the transfer thread that Morata was a better buy than Lukaku even before they moved n whilst Morata has so far shown his worth, I must say that I'm surprised by Lukaku's adaptability at Man United.

Granted he is a proven EPL striker but he looked rather raw n not the finished product to me before this season but that dosent seem true as he has settled in at OT like duck to water so far n I also doubted his capability in UCL as the defenders there are more sophisticated but again it seems he has adjusted well albeit against weaker opposition but it's a good start nevertheless n with his physique, I feel he could be Didier Drogba II n being only 25, I see more improvement in him the more he plays with the better players at OT! Don't forget, he was the runner up golden boot winner last season playing in a much weaker Everton team.

i would hold my horses on lukaku. let's see how he performs in bigger games bah. united's great start to the season is aided by the fact that they havent play any top teams yet. Lukaku previously struggles against top sides in his everton days but becomes a tiger when playing smaller cubs. 

Whether he has fully changed his stripes.. let's await further.. 

• Praise 1

Okay. Morata definitely classier. Lukaku simply bulldozes through (to me). Abit like the Rooney of old,just bigger. When Rooney couldn't bulldoze through (remember watching him bouncing off Kompany so many times i pitied him) then he will just be a passenger in the game. I think Lukaku should be able to score more in MU in the league, what with him being used to the league + a better supply line. Continental competition will define him a little more

Hehe, you know I usually read with an open mind. Yes, there are many who slammed but I do not agree totally with what they said.

Migs isn’t perfect and that prompted Klopp to look back at Bundesliga for replacement. Karius would have been the first choice if he did not flop at the chance last season to allow Migs to be back.

Why Karius was chosen I believe his style of keeping which suited out high defensive line. Mainz played the same way and Karius usually is this last line of defense being quick out of his line and his distribution.

Klopp’s transfer strategy from the last window, can see a shift. He is going for established players now instead of focusing of young talents to develop. That’s why I suspect Klopp is giving Karius the final chance to stake his claim. If he cannot prove himself in the UCL campaign, he might be off loaded this summer. If he can, then good for everyone

Karius needs to show what he has in the locker soon. I really think Klopp should stop playing him if he still can't deliver.  If so, Klopp should go look for another solution sooner than later. In my mind, Mingolet is still a stop-gap solution i.e. not a long term solution.  

When you have a poor defense, you need a good GK to bail the team out. When you have a good defense, it can bail out a poor GK. When both the defense and GK CMI, then you can only dance with fire and hope your forwards bails you out.  Pool's forwards are not banging in the goals sufficiently - in comparisons to the goals conceded. That's why the defense' issues are being highlighted. 

In terms of goals scored this season, Pool is up there among the top, possibly just below the manchester clubs.  When it comes to goals conceded, they are also near the top, among the top 3 porous teams.  This is the damning picture thus far this season... explains why some fans are perplexed that Klopp's insistence that his GK and defenders are good enough... 

• Praise 1

it just might be man u :XD:

Palace will score 1 goal to open acct, but final result: palace 1 - 6 ManU :-)

Karius needs to show what he has in the locker soon. I really think Klopp should stop playing him if he still can't deliver. If so, Klopp should go look for another solution sooner than later. In my mind, Mingolet is still a stop-gap solution i.e. not a long term solution.

When you have a poor defense, you need a good GK to bail the team out. When you have a good defense, it can bail out a poor GK. When both the defense and GK CMI, then you can only dance with fire and hope your forwards bails you out. Pool's forwards are not banging in the goals sufficiently - in comparisons to the goals conceded. That's why the defense' issues are being highlighted.

In terms of goals scored this season, Pool is up there among the top, possibly just below the manchester clubs. When it comes to goals conceded, they are also near the top, among the top 3 porous teams. This is the damning picture thus far this season... explains why some fans are perplexed that Klopp's insistence that his GK and defenders are good enough...

Karius already showed what he is capable of the season before joining. Was voted the second best keeper behind Neuer by fellow players in Bundesliga. The challenge for him is now to reproduce that form in EPL.

Also, just ignore what Klopp said about the defense. He has to say that publicly to back his players. It doesn’t help for him to speak his mind to the press and let them quote him in the back page. The fact that he is willing to spend big on VVD tells you that he is far from happy.

Edited by Osprey23
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1