Dumb and Dumber, the Motoring Scene

Carbon82

Champion of champion Idiot of idiot! [shakehead]

Such irresponsible driver should be taken off the road forever, but yet the police are not charging him for the "offence"!

DOs5zgHUQAACN6F.jpg

Police Stop Driver With Tablet And iPhone Attached To Steering Wheel

The driver was fined $81 because he didnât have his driverâs license, but, for the very high-tech steering wheel set up, which doesnât violate any Canadian traffic laws, he was let off with a lecture, according to the CBC.

Which makes sense, I guess, when you think about it, since if youâre not actually using the devices youâve ham-fistedly tied to your steering wheel while driving, youâre not actually distracted.

how did this driver attach the tablet to the steering wheel and how did he even drive? turning will be an issue... not to mention likely usage of devices while driving...
↡ Advertisement

What seems like a minor misjudge in parking clearance could ended up with a massive damage. A friendly reminder for those that often parked their ride along narrow aisle or drive way in private estate...

Well, wont happen in Singapore.

cars too expensive unless those that is due for scrapping. Plus, as usual, the bohchup attitude wins. As long as there is no law against parking in private estate, than people do and will continue to enjoy the "deep-seated" free parking culture.

• Praise 1

Once I saw a SMRT bus captain using his handphone while driving the public bus.

Got honked by a motorist behind when he failed to drive off at the traffic junction when the lights turned green. 

Exactly! According to Singapore’s law, for it to be considered cellphone driving (an offence), three conditions must be fulfilled - The vehicle must be in motion. And, the driver has to be holding the device, as well as using a function on it. If only one or two of the conditions are fulfilled, it is actually not an offence. But we should always be focused on driving and not doing other things while driving. We're in control of the vehicle and we’re putting both our lives and others in danger by doing so.  We all have to play a part in increasing safety on the road.

I would welcome such "talent" with open arm to Singapore, and heh, please aim for something more ambitious, what about the ERP gantry? :grin:  :grin:

Audacious Thieves Make Off With $80,000 Camera Designed To Catch Speedy Drivers

Police in Rhode Island are looking for two people who apparently unbolted an $80,000 camera designed to catch speedy drivers in the middle of the day, plopped it in the bed of their truck, and then sped off.

The camera works by detecting when a car’s speeding and then snapping a picture of its license plate, reports WPRI-TV. But the equipment was only in service for three days; on Monday, police responded to a call from a company called Conduent Solutions, who relayed that one of the cameras it installed had been stolen.

The company representative told police they installed a series of these cameras throughout the city last week, and when he returned to the Peace Street location to run a test on the equipment, it was missing.

“The unit had previously been lag-bolted to the ground,” detectives wrote in the police report.

They later strapped the camera unit to the bed of the truck. The video shows the theft happened around noon on Jan. 12, just three days after the equipment was installed.

It’s not a terribly light object to haul away: WPRI says the camera equipment included a 130 pound lithium battery. Whatever the case, police captured surveillance footage of the entire incident, that revealed what looks like a Dodge truck with an extended bed.

• Praise 8

German Homeowner Buys Two Smart Cars Just To Keep People Fom Parking Near Driveway

fb8hgzvevfhspnznqyk4.png

There’s a homeowner in Dusseldorf’s well-to-do Oberkassel neighborhood that came up with what might be one of the most expensive solutions do deal with the problem of people parking too close to his driveway: He bought two cars, just to keep them parked on either side of the driveway, like bookends.

Sure, the cars are just tiny Smart Cars, and used ones, from what I can tell, but the dude still bought two functional motor vehicles for the sole purpose of keeping them parked on a public road on either side of his driveway.

According to the machine-translation of this RP Online article, the issue wasn’t that he was tired of having his driveway blocked by cars, which would be clearly illegal, but that even with cars parked legally on either side, the owner of what looks like a modern five-story-plus-garage row house still felt that he didn’t have enough room to comfortably leave the driveway in what neighbors say is an SUV.

So, instead of buying a smaller car or just getting better, via practice, at backing out of his own driveway, the solution of getting two very short cars and using them to occupy the spots bracketing the driveway was implemented.

The Smarts seem to have been performing their guard duty for three years now, and it’s all legal. According to Dusseldorf’s Traffic Management Office, as long as the cars are able to be driven away if needed, there’s no restriction saying they can’t stay parked there.

I say the owner is dumb (and thus the article appears in this thread), 'cos landed property owners just use these:  [laugh]  [laugh]

garbage-can-231869_1280.jpg

crtb_set.png

item_XL_8381019_8053147.jpg
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

German Homeowner Buys Two Smart Cars Just To Keep People Fom Parking Near Driveway

fb8hgzvevfhspnznqyk4.png

There’s a homeowner in Dusseldorf’s well-to-do Oberkassel neighborhood that came up with what might be one of the most expensive solutions do deal with the problem of people parking too close to his driveway: He bought two cars, just to keep them parked on either side of the driveway, like bookends.

Sure, the cars are just tiny Smart Cars, and used ones, from what I can tell, but the dude still bought two functional motor vehicles for the sole purpose of keeping them parked on a public road on either side of his driveway.

According to the machine-translation of this RP Online article, the issue wasn’t that he was tired of having his driveway blocked by cars, which would be clearly illegal, but that even with cars parked legally on either side, the owner of what looks like a modern five-story-plus-garage row house still felt that he didn’t have enough room to comfortably leave the driveway in what neighbors say is an SUV.

So, instead of buying a smaller car or just getting better, via practice, at backing out of his own driveway, the solution of getting two very short cars and using them to occupy the spots bracketing the driveway was implemented.

The Smarts seem to have been performing their guard duty for three years now, and it’s all legal. According to Dusseldorf’s Traffic Management Office, as long as the cars are able to be driven away if needed, there’s no restriction saying they can’t stay parked there.

I say the owner is dumb (and thus the article appears in this thread), 'cos landed property owners just use these:  [laugh]  [laugh]

crtb_set.png

Haha bro, they haven't come to Singapore for hoilday mah, and their cars probably ain't so expensive like in SG.. Didn't know such things work.. 1 more thing landed property owners use to block off other cars from parking is this.

post-138980-0-87807300-1517451737_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Buadongdong

fb8hgzvevfhspnznqyk4.png

I say the owner is dumb (and thus the article appears in this thread), 'cos landed property owners just use these: [laugh][laugh]

crtb_set.png

In AMDK country, those are illegal as it might be deem as dumb rubbish.

2 used smart car smelly smelly 5k EURO

cheap cheap nia

• Praise 2

Haha bro, they haven't come to Singapore for hoilday mah, and their cars probably ain't so expensive like in SG.. Didn't know such things work.. 1 more thing landed property owners use to block off other cars from parking is this.

attachicon.gifwheely bins.jpeg

the ones near my place even use their own cones. the only reason i think ppl dun wanna move cones or dustbins away is their car might get scratched. 

the ones near my place even use their own cones. the only reason i think ppl dun wanna move cones or dustbins away is their car might get scratched. 

I'm not so sure abt being scratched.. But I did see warning notes on cars that habitually park outside other pple's driveway. 

On the other hand, the roads outside of their landed property aren't theirs right? Its still a "garment" road and will stick to the rules stated as per LTA guidelines right? So the landed properties owners also LPPL. Its annoying but yet they can't do much about it.

I'm not so sure abt being scratched.. But I did see warning notes on cars that habitually park outside other pple's driveway. 

On the other hand, the roads outside of their landed property aren't theirs right? Its still a "garment" road and will stick to the rules stated as per LTA guidelines right? So the landed properties owners also LPPL. Its annoying but yet they can't do much about it.

ya is Gahmen road. They can do. KPKB to LTA lo. LTA will come down draw double yellow. everyone no more parking. 

ya is Gahmen road. They can do. KPKB to LTA lo. LTA will come down draw double yellow. everyone no more parking. 

:XD:  :XD:  Including themselves if they have multiple cars.. Lol!! [smash]  :a-bang:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1