• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic | 59 praises

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

Schell31
  • Schell31
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

It's time for me to replace my tyres. I am now using Hankook Ventus ME01 size 215/55/R17. The dry grip is ok but the wet grip is horrendous. However, it is relatively quiet tyre.

I am looking to change to goodyear efficientgrip performance 

Does anyone know any distributor in the West?

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

Lydiachristopher
  • Premium member
    Lydiachristopher
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Soon Huat tyre got, i change there 5 months ago when new implement period, good family car tyre , dont push it too far even by its name Performance.

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It's time for me to replace my tyres. I am now using Hankook Ventus ME01 size 215/55/R17. The dry grip is ok but the wet grip is horrendous. However, it is relatively quiet tyre.

I am looking to change to goodyear efficientgrip performance 

Does anyone know any distributor in the West?

U can consider Michelin PS3 or Conti CSC5 for a good grip(wet/dry) n reasonably quiet tire.

I using CMC5 front n PS3 back. Very satisfied. When my CMC5 wear out, I wil use PS3 all round.

My size 205/50/16.

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

for better wet grip yet not top of range can try:

TripleMax.jpg

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

Schell31
  • Schell31
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Thanks...may i know how much Soon Huat is selling?

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

Lydiachristopher
  • Premium member
    Lydiachristopher
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

For my 225/50/17 about $220 , if PS3 $330, CSC5 $360.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

Beregond
  • Premium member
    Beregond
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Soon Huat tyre got, i change there 5 months ago when new implement period, good family car tyre , dont push it too far even by its name Performance.

even thought got performance, the sidewall still as soft as the previous version..

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

Suhaimiebrahim
  • Premium member
    Suhaimiebrahim
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hi Bro,

You could also consider Michelin Energy XM2.

I just change for my ride a months ago.

Good grip for both dry/wet and quite too.

Gives you comfortable ride...cheers [sunny]

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

Lydiachristopher
  • Premium member
    Lydiachristopher
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Ya, sidewall is super jelly soft compare with PS3.
My present ride with coilover feel slightly bumpy with PS3.
After replace with EfficientGrip Performance, i can immediately feel it bias more to comfort.
More comfort = less confident on cornering liao. It don't have very clear road feedback as PS3.
But wet braking and traction is a suprise, real nice and safe. This tyre worth with it's price tag.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

if your stock or original is 215/55/17 please do simply put wider tyre size to 225/50/17 especially on narrow original rim

cant find any good reason to do that.

215/55/17 is extensively used in the market and

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Beregond
  • Premium member
    Beregond
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ya, sidewall is super jelly soft compare with PS3.
My present ride with coilover feel slightly bumpy with PS3.
After replace with EfficientGrip Performance, i can immediately feel it bias more to comfort.
More comfort = less confident on cornering liao. It don't have very clear road feedback as PS3.
But wet braking and traction is a suprise, real nice and safe. This tyre worth with it's price tag.

every thing about the tyre is good,  treadwear, noise, gip, raining day, price.

expect the soft side wall, becareful not to rub against any crub, and pump 15 % more pressure then normal can liao . 

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

Lydiachristopher
  • Premium member
    Lydiachristopher
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

every thing about the tyre is good,  treadwear, noise, gip, raining day, price.

expect the soft sidell, becareful not to rub against any crub, and pump 15 % more pressure then normal can liao . 

Yup, i notice that too ex ps3 i pump 240kpa Front, 250kpa rear on my e60, now gotta pump 255kpa front, 270kpa rear to reduce some jelly soft effect on cornering. On my personal preference

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

Yan66
  • Premium member
    Yan66
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

bro goodyear efficient grip side wall tend to crack easily..not sure if its true but heard quite a few from the forum..thinking of changing but now have doubt.

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

Gizmore
  • Premium member
    Gizmore
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Yes, my previous EfficientGrip developed cracks on the sidewall after 6 months. Replaced that one and 6 months later another wheel developed the same crack. 

After that changed all the Bridgestone

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

Camrytron
  • Premium member
    Camrytron
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Mine is a bit lucky cos it crack about 1yr so I change all to bridgestone er300.
So far so good.
Comfort, grip (wet/dry) noise all quite good.
And price is lesser than 220

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

Crossangel
  • Premium member
    Crossangel
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I had Eff Grip as my previous set. Currently on PS3. Both this tires are pretty good on both wet and dry.Eff grip is slightly better but PS3 is quieter.

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:20 PM

Earthboy
  • Earthboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

bro, what is yor ride? from experience with PS3 back than on the subaru legacy GT, the noise level is almost the same as bridgestone RE050. I wouldnt say that is quiet IMO. Maybe your car has better insulation.

U can consider Michelin PS3 or Conti CSC5 for a good grip(wet/dry) n reasonably quiet tire.

I using CMC5 front n PS3 back. Very satisfied. When my CMC5 wear out, I wil use PS3 all round.

My size 205/50/16.

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:37 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Those who want to get Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance can go Tyrepac.

Just bought 4 at $88 each, 195/65R15. Pricing quite good I find, got some discount.

Excluding fitting charge though.

Edited by Fcw75, 11 December 2014 - 05:40 PM.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:25 AM

Earthboy
  • Earthboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Those who want to get Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance can go Tyrepac.

Just bought 4 at $88 each, 195/65R15. Pricing quite good I find, got some discount.

Excluding fitting charge though.

Bro. What is your previous rubber and how does it compare in terms of noise, comfort and grip level?

Edited by Earthboy, 13 December 2014 - 11:26 AM.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:32 AM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bro. What is your previous rubber and how does it compare in terms of noise, comfort and grip level?

Still running on GY EfficientGrip. Getting the EfficientGrip Performance coz it's quite cheap at Tyrepac.

I already find EfficientGrip very good in terms of noise and comfort. Grip is fine with me too.

Can't wait to try EfficientGrip Performance.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: goodyeartyres, efficientgrip and 4 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users