The new BMW M5 : first look

Aventafreak

Haha I guess they are concerned about how I am spending my money and they hope I can spend it on something more value for money.

Yes, I'm spending it on what I have always desired. Its like my holy grail.

Thanks Douglam! I hope I will like it as I have not yet seen a comp in the flesh let alone driven it. No demo models available for test drive from what I was told. Many differing opinions from the many online reviews, I thought heck, since I am already spending this amount of money, I might as well get the best spec. Looking forward to delivery.

LOL. You should REALLY change your friends. NOW. If want value for money, please drive a Camry.

I fail to see Porsches to have more value with their crazy lists of options. Plus some "options" are actually must haves, unless you want to drive a crippled Porsche. Options are nice to have, but always have zero resale value in SG.

Anyway, the word "value" is irrelevant at this level. Just go with your heart.

Cannot go wrong with a M5 lah. Many M5 wannabes out there with the bodykits. Hahaha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

LOL. You should REALLY change your friends. NOW. If want value for money, please drive a Camry.

I fail to see Porsches to have more value with their crazy lists of options. Plus some "options" are actually must haves, unless you want to drive a crippled Porsche. Options are nice to have, but always have zero resale value in SG.

Anyway, the word "value" is irrelevant at this level. Just go with your heart.

Cannot go wrong with a M5 lah. Many M5 wannabes out there with the bodykits. Hahaha.

Hahaha! Prices quoted for porsche are barebones, even rear wipers and floor mats are optional extras..... A properly specced and not over the top optioned porsche can cost 40 to 60k over the base price.

Saw many fake M cars, Amgs, etc. Disgusting to me especially those who put the badge at the rear trying to pass off as the real mccoy. Just saw a 740 trying to pass off as the M760Li with the full M760Li badge in full glory on aye a couple evenings earlier. Did a enquiry of road tax expiry and found out its actually a 740Li.

• Praise 1

Mine is yam sport ya badge from factory one dun shoot me  [laugh]

Some of the M series drivers debadge totally. they must sold their badge to the non M series owners  [laugh]

Hahaha! Prices quoted for porsche are barebones, even rear wipers and floor mats are optional extras..... A properly specced and not over the top optioned porsche can cost 40 to 60k over the base price.

Saw many fake M cars, Amgs, etc. Disgusting to me especially those who put the badge at the rear trying to pass off as the real mccoy. Just saw a 740 trying to pass off as the M760Li with the full M760Li badge in full glory on aye a couple evenings earlier. Did a enquiry of road tax expiry and found out its actually a 740Li.

• Praise 1

Mine is yam sport ya badge from factory one dun shoot me [laugh]

Some of the M series drivers debadge totally. they must sold their badge to the non M series owners [laugh]

I preorder my M110i xDrive cumming in Dec 2020

It is inline 2 995cc

Zero to century 20secs

My ultimate driving machine with SLOW driving pleasure

• Praise 4

Twincharged

Thanks Turboflat 4. I will be looking forward to clocking 2000km, get the engine, front and rear differential oils changed, bring up the revs progressively before giving a proper review. Will most probably be doing an amateur photoshoot first.

I ordered the eventuri intake kit and also considering the KW HAS kit to lower the car properly.

After looking at many reviews on the comp package, it would seem the comp would be the proper M5 in my opinion especially if one looks at the occasional track duty from time to time.

The 4WD looks to be a game changer in terms of traction and track timings. I know many purists frown at M utilising 4wd but with ever increasingly more powerful powerplants, the change to 4wd seems inevitable. 

Lately, a few close friends got to know that I am changing to the M5 comp, inevitably and understandably a few questioned my rationale at spending such money on a BMW 4 door sedan rather than maybe a Porsche Panamera 4S. When I was not in the financial position to consider such a car, I would also question the rationale of such a decision, after driving a friend's F90 non comp, I was blown away. It is a special car compared to the Panamera which I also had a brief drive not too long ago. Unless I am able to comfortably afford a Panamera Turbo, to me, getting the M5 Comp is a no brainer. Badge aside, the M5 Comp is highly capable at this price point. It is a Supercar in modern standards with all the bells & whistles and yet the practicality of a 4 door. I can't yet afford a Exotic at this moment so maybe the M5 is attractive to me at this point of my life but I am confident this car will exceed my expectations.

I would be sharing more insights once I take delivery which is expected by mid may.

now i have the urge to head for Performance Munich to check the cars out tomorrow!  feeling itchy. [rolleyes]

Edited by sake
  • Praise 1

Mine is yam sport ya badge from factory one dun shoot me  [laugh]

Some of the M series drivers debadge totally. they must sold their badge to the non M series owners  [laugh]

I currently have the G30 540i M Sport, the side fenders, door sills have the M badge from the factory LOL. 

Looking forward to pix from @dappercivility

I currently have the G30 540i M Sport, the side fenders, door sills have the M badge from the factory LOL.

I cant wait! Cant wait for Mid May! Taking so long....

Just curious, since u already have a 540, which itself is a very fast and admirable car, why did you choose a car with a similar bodyshell like M5 instead of another super saloon like the E63 AMG?

Just curious, since u already have a 540, which itself is a very fast and admirable car, why did you choose a car with a similar bodyshell like M5 instead of another super saloon like the E63 AMG?

It is actually a long story, I had planned to buy the Alphard 3.5SC and I was doing my sums so I had a good idea of my monthly 2 car expenses, was going to the PI to put the downpayment in 2 days time and this day, had a family outing with a good buddy of mine and he had gotten a F90 M5 Non Comp. 

I have always resisted test driving the F90 simply because I knew I would fall into temptation but on this day, I thought why not, getting the alphard was so called a done deal and I wouldn't be tempted. Tested, WOW! The 540 itself in stock form is already a highly capable 4 door sedan, the F90 blew me away. Well I started thinking about the F90 abit more but still wasn't that tempted to get the car YET!

All the above took place on a sunday, the coming tuesday would be the day I would be meeting the PI to put downpayment for the car. On monday, my sales at PML/PMA informed me, Dear Sir, we have one unit of the F90 M5 Comp incoming, the car is expected to touch down mid to end Apr, would you be interested to get this? Strange! I did not enquire about the F90 at all! but still, I went down, negotiated and was offered a really good deal!

BUT as the whole thing ended, I found out that my sales had actually texted the wrong person with the same name! He had another customer with the same name that went for a few test drives on the F90 but never got round to buying it. 

Maybe this is what you call fate haha. I apologise for the long story, but I thought it is kinda interesting to share why I got this car. It's really fate haha.

Haha fated indeed, you sound like a true petrol head I believe the car will have a good owner.

It is actually a long story, I had planned to buy the Alphard 3.5SC and I was doing my sums so I had a good idea of my monthly 2 car expenses, was going to the PI to put the downpayment in 2 days time and this day, had a family outing with a good buddy of mine and he had gotten a F90 M5 Non Comp. 

I have always resisted test driving the F90 simply because I knew I would fall into temptation but on this day, I thought why not, getting the alphard was so called a done deal and I wouldn't be tempted. Tested, WOW! The 540 itself in stock form is already a highly capable 4 door sedan, the F90 blew me away. Well I started thinking about the F90 abit more but still wasn't that tempted to get the car YET!

All the above took place on a sunday, the coming tuesday would be the day I would be meeting the PI to put downpayment for the car. On monday, my sales at PML/PMA informed me, Dear Sir, we have one unit of the F90 M5 Comp incoming, the car is expected to touch down mid to end Apr, would you be interested to get this? Strange! I did not enquire about the F90 at all! but still, I went down, negotiated and was offered a really good deal!

BUT as the whole thing ended, I found out that my sales had actually texted the wrong person with the same name! He had another customer with the same name that went for a few test drives on the F90 but never got round to buying it. 

Maybe this is what you call fate haha. I apologise for the long story, but I thought it is kinda interesting to share why I got this car. It's really fate haha.

Nice. Will you then be selling away the 540 and get the Alphard then?

Really meant to be. Same name mixup also can. Lol.

Must buy 4D also. Huat ah!

Twincharged

Edited by sake

Haha fated indeed, you sound like a true petrol head I believe the car will have a good owner.

I agree on the fate part and yes I do always take good care of my cars.

Twincharged

PPSL quoted me an insanely low trade in value...I sold it to an outside dealer instead. In the 12 months I had the 540, I lost $110,000! But well life is short! 

Ouch! But that's life. I know it too well myself. We do it anyway and will do it again in a heartbeat!

Am surprised the trade in sucked.

↡ Advertisement