Agent Cover Up Car Cam During Servicing

Vinceng

Where you installed your cameras? front back left right under upper? 

Self installed.

2 front

2 back

1 left

1 right

2 front, independent power source.

I think they see liao, better not touch. 

Now finger itchy again, looking at the new blackvue DR750s in-car camera. Comes with new sony sensor and 60fps recording!!! :wub:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Self installed.

2 front

2 back

1 left

1 right

2 front, independent power source.

I think they see liao, better not touch. 

Now finger itchy again, looking at the new blackvue DR750s in-car camera. Comes with new sony sensor and 60fps recording!!! :wub:

yah man...that one looks gd

Hyundai Komoco also did that.

Please don't go to unhealthy AD WS if possible.

Go outside WS.

Whether got camera or not camera, you just loiter around the WS watch them work, that's true surveillance and peace of mind.

• Praise 1

Go outside WS.

Whether got camera or not camera, you just loiter around the WS watch them work, that's true surveillance and peace of mind.

Komoco never did that to mine.

Let me go find my footage that I had saved and post it here. Must do some fast forward editing if not very boring. And yes, I save these footages to my hdd. :D

once, i told off the ws owner. the person took my car for test-drive after servicing, did not slow down upon reaching the hump.

The washing pail in my boot, topple off. I went to review the in-cam video, then i realised how they drive recklessly.

I went Wearnes, they didnt cover/off the camera.

Even ws i went to, they didnt cover/off it

Wearnes did off the camera....

They all do this, and they have the flimsiest excuses for it. They claim it's to protect other car owners who may have cars with major accidents. I suppose that's somewhat valid, given how many bo liao spoil market idiots we have in this f**ked up country (and maybe the whole world) who like to post everything to social media. But I suspect it also lets the service people off the hook for mistakes they make, and that I can't abide.

I have some horror stories related to this policy.

1) Munich Auto - My M5's Blackvue (this was the 550 at the time) was disconnected during a simple interior cleaning operation. Because of the workshop guy's incompetence, the leads were reversed when being plugged back in - power into the rear video jack (they were interchangeable in that model because of poor design). The blackvue shorted out, didn't retain any timestamps etc. and had to be replaced. I went with the BV 650 as a result.

Recently, when bringing my M140i to them for servicing, I negotiated with them to start covering the camera (front and back) with pieces of tape to avoid electrical issues. They did this during the last servicing, and there were no issues.

2) Borneo Motors - I negotiated with a friendly SA to not unplug my camera in my Toyota Wish. That seemed to work as I had some footage recorded...until I got to a rather curious frame when the technician seemed to be looking suspiciously directly at my front cam. Then there was a frame jump and the footage resumed much later. On taking back the car, I noticed scuffs on the front bumper, driver's side. They polished it off for me, but I couldn't find the footage in what was recorded - presumably they must have unplugged it right before that happened. I don't want to be uncharitable - but might they have been pissed off about the camera and taken it out on my poor car? I would assume that workshop accidents don't happen all that commonly - why so "zhun" to have happened to the irritating customer insisting he doesn't want his camera unplugged, and why so double "zhun" that it had to happen when the camera wasn't recording? (they couldn't have simply deleted clips - my setup is protected by a strong password).

3) Private shops - e.g. Y2K. Private places may pull the same crap This place also unplugged my camera (it was in my F430 at the time, when I was rebuilding my rear diffuser). But they left the end (jack) of the rear camera cable loose so the cable had to be replaced at my own cost.

-----

I know of a few cases where there was allegation of wrongdoing or incompetence by the workshop. I know someone from the M club who thought they might have used entirely the wrong grade of oil for his M car. But without video evidence, it becomes a question of whose word to take.

I suspect the workshops know this, and know that ambiguity is to their advantage. They won't change the status quo.

For the record - I have no idea what policy Cycle and Carriage take on this since I don't have a parking mode on my crappy JS400 installed with the car.

I can understand why they want to unplug it. How would you feel if you had a CCTV pointed at your work desk, knowing your boss has access to this footage?

We should have some trust in the workshop we go to, else why do we go there?

• Praise 1

Agents are smart to cover up camera.

They don't want any unnecessary problems with the recording and disgruntled customer putting in on youtube.

But they should be upfront about it and post notice.

If you're not happy with the cover-up, take your car elsewhere.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

Agents are smart to cover up camera.

They don't want any unnecessary problems with the recording and disgruntled customer putting in on youtube.

But they should be upfront about it and post notice.

If you're not happy with the cover-up, take your car elsewhere.

Then warranty how?

It's fine for private places, but ADs shouldn't be allowed to pull this crap.

even PML switches off....makes me wonder if they hiding sth

Last time pml change my exo forgot to turn off one camera, driver drove to Lta have to say drive very carefully, only thing was didn't pull seatbelt. Amazing he tahan the warning from Alexander to Sin Ming and back

Then warranty how?

It's fine for private places, but ADs shouldn't be allowed to pull this crap.

If it's warranty replacement you're talking about; you get your parts replaced for free.

Leave your car there and come back to collect.

But it doesn't entails how it gets done, whether you should be there to witness it, and how it's done... etc.

If you're the suspicious kind, you can always get a 3rd party to inspect and certify whether said part has been changed.

The thing is, if you're running a workshop or any businesses, you don't want customers looking or poking around, while you're doing your work.

Worse still to carry a camera and filming your workers without permission.

Sure, we can all say they have something to hide. Won't you do the same ?

Edited by Kb27

Grease monkeys are really grease monkeys.

Putting in wrong grade oil, reconnect to wrong plug,

I even heard connect window switch wrong way so

my friend has to press down to put windows up.

I flush my coolent from green to pink and when

collecting car found the plastic reservoir to have

the old green coolent. Good idea to only go to work

shop with the big windows where you can see what

they are doing. Cover cam? Its obvious they have a 

lot to hide.

:D

• Praise 1

Grease monkeys are really grease monkeys.

Putting in wrong grade oil, reconnect to wrong plug,

I even heard connect window switch wrong way so

my friend has to press down to put windows up.

I flush my coolent from green to pink and when

collecting car found the plastic reservoir to have

the old green coolent. Good idea to only go to work

shop with the big windows where you can see what

they are doing. Cover cam? Its obvious they have a 

lot to hide.

:D

Getting the desired proper results and witnessing the workers working is 2 separate issues.

I'd suggest you find a better workshop, rather than one that allows to view or not view their work. [:p]

Go outside WS.

The VW workshop at Macpherson has a lounge overlooking the workshop. So your car being service while you sip coffee and monitor in an aircon environment

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1