Witness to accident

flikmy

Was driving along PIE and heading out of on sliproad to upper serangoon road this evening (25th Aug) around 10:35 pm.

The car in front of me (a Toyota Wish) tried to filter right out of the lane and slowed down to almost full stop. I had to slow down quite a bit as well. The car at the back (Honda Accord - I think) slowed down as well and didn't hit me.

I then moved off but then my passenger told me that they heard a sound of a possible accident at the back of my car.

Managed to pull my car cam and found that a car behind the Honda probably hit the Honda's rear.

So, though my car wasn't hit, I was wondering if the Honda might need help with a witness to prove that he was not in the wrong when he had to slow down. How do I go about reporting this? The online Police Traffic webpage doesn't allow me to as this didn't any injury, pedestrian or government property (I believe).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

car that simply cannot filter out from slip road need to be guided on their driving skill.

Not sure if he wasn't paying attention of the lane he was in or he made last minute decision to change back onto the pie. But it was probably a little too late and slowing down so much esp on the highway can be quite dangerous.

Was driving along PIE and heading out of on sliproad to upper serangoon road this evening (25th Aug) around 10:35 pm.

The car in front of me (a Toyota Wish) tried to filter right out of the lane and slowed down to almost full stop. I had to slow down quite a bit as well. The car at the back (Honda Accord - I think) slowed down as well and didn't hit me.

I then moved off but then my passenger told me that they heard a sound of a possible accident at the back of my car.

Managed to pull my car cam and found that a car behind the Honda probably hit the Honda's rear.

So, though my car wasn't hit, I was wondering if the Honda might need help with a witness to prove that he was not in the wrong when he had to slow down. How do I go about reporting this? The online Police Traffic webpage doesn't allow me to as this didn't any injury, pedestrian or government property (I believe).

If the car behind you got hit in the back

then its not his fault at all and nothing to prove.

:D

• Praise 1

If the car behind you got hit in the back

then its not his fault at all and nothing to prove.

:D

I agree as well, but unfortunately, I didn't give my particulars to the car at the back nor was any photos taken. Not sure if he might need some info to show that he wasn't in the wrong.

I agree as well, but unfortunately, I didn't give my particulars to the car at the back nor was any photos taken. Not sure if he might need some info to show that he wasn't in the wrong.

There's no need to prove, the Honda was hit at the rear is automatically the fault of the car behind.

There's no need to prove, the Honda was hit at the rear is automatically the fault of the car behind.

Ah okay. Thanks for confirming.

Just hope it isnt too much trouble for the Honda.

Anyway, if the Honda driver is lurking here in the forums, let me know if you need additional info and I'll be happy to help.

I don't think you can help much la. The car is behind you, you're not really 'witness' also.

Well, got car cam footage to show that the car in front of me slowed down to almost a stop when filtering out. And I've got rear cam to show he also stopped in time.

The car that hit the car behind OP is bound to say the car in front reversed into him.

LOL. That's the first I've heard of an excuse like that.
↡ Advertisement