Your loot of the day

DACH

post-57008-0-71116500-1548919415.jpg

Arrived 2 weeks after placing order. Recently have some time to play around after popping in a spare sim card.

A couple of problems out of the box. This is the china rom, so paid the seller to install playstore. Can't use immediately, need to go settings to allow permissions. 2nd, Miui is still ugly. Did some research and install poco launcher. Much better now.

What impresses me most is the face unlock. Quite fast and no problem even in very low light. Secure anot I don't know. No complaints about battery life. Good thing about these mid tier phones is that they are not power hungry. Easily last over a day for moderate usage.

• Praise 5

This is the best buy at this price range liao. Congrats.

First video did you go beyond optical zoom, into digital zoom ?

2nd video is handheld ? Must mount on tripod, if wind too strong, then see if can hang some weight on tripod to stabilise it.

Thanks Man!!! :a-good:

but 一分钱一分货, at this price point I dont really expect too much.  [:/]

First video no digital zoom leh, according to the cam, still in optical zoom, but not very sharp hor... 

2nd one just place the cam on the tripod and move, not screwed onto the stand. I think the tripod also  cheap stuff lor, not very stable in strong wind. The wind at HOA (kallang practice track) is really strong, avg day can be ard 3-4 meter per second. Last week one race recorded a 4.4, and in my 2nd video, if you listen carefully, even with music can still hear the wind blowing strongly. 

I think I quite stupid with the tripod, still trying to figure out how to use it smoothly. Must adjust until angle is correct I think, if not as i rotate left the track start to disappear and see sky... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

First video not very sharp, it could also be due to the sudden movement and compression (not sure what options available for compression format ?) But surely it's better than digital zoom on phone.

Actually tripod you can hiong hiong hoot one good one because one solid one can last you for 10-20 years no problem, better than buying car. You can also use it for any future cameras. Manfrotto, Velbon, .. all metal or CF. If not tripod steady then can try add weight, hang a water bottle or something lor.

If you don't care about sound then just mute it lor. Or else get some kind of "wind muff", furry thing to cover the microphone.

I always want to get the job done cheapest proper way, but seem like photography is not one of them. Really need proper equipment  to get proper result, unless not very particular with the end product.  But I really learn from this event man.  [laugh]

Yah, I may just go look for a good base, this one is cheap cheap plastic one, looks ok but can feel buay chai one. Likely go to those pro camera shop or HN camera section see see, at least can touch and feel the thing. Any idea what is a good tripod, what to look out for and price range? 

I go try hang something to the tripod first see any improvement or not first, and I think the camera can mute, sld just mute it..  ^_^

Mayb after CNY i go buy a proper video cam better.  [:/]

I think you can try take some real subject rather than an empty track. Maybe Saturday morning take video of lau chio runners and share here. Try not to move the camera much once you set it up. At the most some very slow panning.

Tripod wise, can look at Manfrotto. Typically the tripod consists of the legs and the head which is interchangeable depending on your purpose. It can be $100+ to $200-300 to never never land. For the IXUS it's very light so no need too solid but then a good tripod goes a long way.

Having said that, I say you try to make do with your current tripod first before buy buy buy. When you know what you want then go shopping.

set up liao dont move a bit hard leh, mayb need to find the correct angle, must go try a few times then know. 

just now I went to play ard with the camera, there are so many features in the setting I dont understand a fark, so I google for them. The default setting seem like not optimal, so i reset the settings, see the next trial how.

servo AF and continuous AF was disabled, so i enable it.

i-contrast was off, so i on it.

Grid line off, so i on it also.

Dynamic IS was set at 1, so i set it to 2.

Mute function switch to off

Yah, I think you re right, I need to record with ppl on the tracks to remove the guess work. There is a race at HOA sat morning, maybe I go take some video. No lao chio, mostly XMM.  [:p]

The CCK stadium usual quite empty except sunday morning, mayb have to go check. Next week I post some here see got different or not.  ^_^

• Praise 1

I think you can try take some real subject rather than an empty track. Maybe Saturday morning take video of lau chio runners and share here. Try not to move the camera much once you set it up. At the most some very slow panning.

Tripod wise, can look at Manfrotto. Typically the tripod consists of the legs and the head which is interchangeable depending on your purpose. It can be $100+ to $200-300 to never never land. For the IXUS it's very light so no need too solid but then a good tripod goes a long way.

Having said that, I say you try to make do with your current tripod first before buy buy buy. When you know what you want then go shopping.

Ok this morning I went to the race to try take some videos. 

instead of standing with the tripod, I decided to sit down using the railing to support my arms.  The first one I zoom in until 16 times, which is 10X optical and the rest digital, CMI lor, then I zoom in out to 10x optical and the image seem better, but shaky lah...  [:p]

Then after a few races and a few videos later, I manage to get it a little more stable.

[:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Then finally the last race I think I manage to stable the camera better, but towards the end I got kan cheong and shifted too fast..  [:p]

And then no more race for me to take liao... <_<

Overall I am quite happy with it, at least 10X optical zoom can see the race properly and big enough, though a 12X or 15X would have been alot better, but I am not complaining.  [laugh]

I actually thought of moving my location to take a nearer shot like the video taken by someone else, but at this position cannot see the runners crossing the line clearly. 

Funny, I mute the camera, but still capture the sound.  :wacko:

• Praise 1

you are a girl? no wonder dun want to meet those tiko   [laugh]

If is ger, I think all the tikos also run far far away, those never run ones either vomit until leg weak, or KO on the spot... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

He starting to go on date lah, this one buy for the girl he trying to hook for reproduction purpose one... -_-

Edited by Tianmo

Bought 2 xiaomi robots

One got mop, one no mop

Had 3 iRobots before for about 7 years. Lower end series: 5 series.

The xiaomi wins hands down

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2