Sideswipe Accident Insurance Claim

Agnoxis

it looked like he was filtering from the 3rd lane, and then collided with TS. And he did look like he was travelling fast. The 3rd lane always full cos taxis are queuing to go T1, so he might have seen it late (there is a bend before this) and quickly want to filter not knowing TS was indicating and coming out already. 

The best video is the road traffic cam video!

That road is a lousy design man. very risky for drivers.

↡ Advertisement

let insurance settle

no point to argue

he said you are wrong for filtering out

you siad he is wrong for cutting thru multiple lane

that's called "accident"

wrong time wrong place wrong move

This is one point I don't quite understand. We have heard cases where the claimant is unable to proceed because the other party die die refuse to report. How does that work then?

The other party can choose not to report the accident but it will give the insurance company the rights to repudiate liability.

Thereafter if the "victim" decides to sue for property damages and personal injury, the other party will have to face the consequences. E.g. Pay from his own pocket, hire an attorney, etc.

Interesting how the video can garner different responses from different people. I had been in the lane for a while and signal was on for quite a while before filtering out. I generally don't take much risks on the road, which explains 13 years of accident-free driving so the lane I was moving into was definitely clear.

Some people tell me it's very obvious he was filtering in from Lane 3 (u can see his car angled at 45deg when collision happened) yet others say he can still claim he's going straight. Some even tell me it looks like he's at fault cos I was ahead in the lane and then he came in and hit me, but I think it looks quite a clear cut case of 2 vehicles merging into the same lane.

Correct me if I am wrong. I seen the video few times. I can only hear your signal sound in the video from 8th seconds onwards. 

Then you filter out on the 9th second. You only indicate your signal for just 1 second before filtering out. 

Maybe in future, signal for little bit longer before filtering out. Some people need more time to react. 

However, you are right that its a 50-50 situation and both side also at fault. 

This is one point I don't quite understand. We have heard cases where the claimant is unable to proceed because the other party die die refuse to report. How does that work then?

I know. Awesome isn't it? :D

As best I can figure this allows insurance companies to be dicks as much as possible. This allows both companies to screw their respective insured - one for not reporting, the other for the first not having reported. [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

The other party can choose not to report the accident but it will give the insurance company the rights to repudiate liability.

Thereafter if the "victim" decides to sue for property damages and personal injury, the other party will have to face the consequences. E.g. Pay from his own pocket, hire an attorney, etc.

Unless the damage is worth suing for, I don't think the average man on the street will choose that route. Do you even know how much our bloodsucking lawyers cost?

Repudiate is so easy.... :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

• Praise 5

if got concert evidence of accident, and happen in singapore. 

i dun think can escape.

more troubsome, and take longer time.

the party that didnt report will be assume as hit and run. 100% lose

so many accident in singapore every day, if the 1 at fault can escape by not reporting, system collaspe already.

and 1 more misunderstanding of alot of drivers.

reporting an accident with your insurance, 'DOES NOT MEAN U HAVE TO CLAIM'

like ts this case, he must make a report first,

and if he decided his own damage he want do himself outside workshop

its perfectly ok.

• Praise 7

I watched the video several times and to what I can see, I think the Note was switching from Lane 3 to Lane 2 suddenly.  Can't tell if driver actually signal to change lane.   If he did not signal his intention, I think he is at fault.  Isn't it?

Correct me if I am wrong. I seen the video few times. I can only hear your signal sound in the video from 8th seconds onwards. 

Then you filter out on the 9th second. You only indicate your signal for just 1 second before filtering out. 

Maybe in future, signal for little bit longer before filtering out. Some people need more time to react.

morale of story is not to have voice/sound recording, it doesn't help u, also do not display your speed too, what i've learnt from experience

For anyone looking for a conclusion of this case..

Other driver claimed 1.6k repair costs..

Liability was assessed at 50-50..

My insurance paid him 800 and I was bumped from 50% ncd to 20% for next round..

Other driver probably had to pay excess of 500-800, who knows? Lost his ncd as well and ended up paying more than my estimated repair cost for him..

Truly amazing how someone else's idiocy can cause you inconvenience..

Oh and I didn't even repair my car as the damage was too minor..should have just claimed from him just for the hell of it..

• Praise 6

Other driver probably had to pay excess of 500-800, who knows? Lost his ncd as well and ended up paying more than my estimated repair cost for him..

Oh and I didn't even repair my car as the damage was too minor..should have just claimed from him just for the hell of it..

What car were u driving?

My sister was involved in such a case as well few years back. Car under my name. The other party claimed, we didn't know, cos wasn't informed. Damage was minor so didn't bother to repair.

Only found out we were being claimed during insurance renewal. Verdict 50:50

I called up the insurance company, spoke to the manager. My case is, i didn't even know, didn't claim, and now it's affecting me. Then i should have claimed, since it's 50:50, and make the insurance company lose mpre money. I ended up have my ncd revert back to 50%, but with a loading.

Actually u still can claim now. Because you can claim within 6yrs of accident, if i remember correctly.

What car were u driving?

Good question. He was driving a Nissan Note and I was driving an Audi A6. The difference in damage was shocking. When I exported that car eventually after COE expired, the exporter didn't even deduct any money from my body value, so minor was the damage.

Guess you can tell the difference when you open the doors already..

Twincharged

Wa like that bo hua leh.

Hi anyone using FWD car insurance and claim third party insurance previously? If unsuccessful, can I claim back my own insurance? As stated in my policy, I have to claim within 14days from incident date. Or should I choose own damage claim first and submit third party claim later on? As the third party car changed suddenly from lane 2 to lane 1 and bumped into my front bumper and fender , hence the AD assessor suggested me to claim own damage first. This is because the winning percentage is just 50%. Besides that, I have communicated with third party and he claimed under my insurance. If I choose to claim under own damage, is this self declaration that I’m at the wrong side during the accident ?Can anyone advise on the situation? Many thanks

↡ Advertisement