Next Car: Must be Turbo, SUV

MQX87511

I dunno why ppl like forester. I see the design is the most cmi among suv in its class. Only good thing about it is got turbo thats all. Pricing wise yes its competitive but looking at omv and its design of interior and exterior, i rather put my money on other suv. Moreover subaru is not a brand i fond of. I would get the outlander although old engine or new tucson much nicer than forester.

I was like you initially. Who the beep is Subaru! Having driven the STI and now the FXT, I must say that they are not out to sell bread n butter cars Thou their design sucks but their handling is Better than the rest....

I have also driven a fair share of conti. 330i, XC90 2.5T, XC90 4.4V8, X5 n GTI.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

did you folks leave out the Hyundai Tuscon Turbo?

That would be my choice for a cheap SUV. 125k for a 1.6L turbo with 175 horses and conti styling.

Plastic trims aren't a big deal for me, as long as the touch points are comfortable. I won't be touching the dashboard or lower door panels when I'm driving, only the seats, the armrest, the steering wheel.

• Praise 1

I was like you initially. Who the beep is Subaru! Having driven the STI and now the FXT, I must say that they are not out to sell bread n butter cars Thou their design sucks but their handling is Better than the rest....

I have also driven a fair share of conti. 330i, XC90 2.5T, XC90 4.4V8, X5 n GTI.....

Maybe i should test drive forester to feel the diff hehe

Truly agree!

Subaru is truly a unique carmaker who dares to be different (in a good way), and believes in their product and technology offerings. Boxer flat engine, AWD in all products (almost), quirky designs sometimes.

Very reliable products, with strong heritage of Fuji Heavy Ind, who also supplies to aerospace and military. They put together great products knowing people who appreciates them will buy because of the superior products. Very competitive in key markets like North America and Europe, where the superior technologies will make the difference.

Definitely not for people who are looking for conformance, safe bet or going with the flow, the typical buyers in SG.

• Praise 2

Not reliable and useless car and brand!

Yalor. All conti car overheat, jiak yu, always breakdown, not tropicalised as advised by unker auntie based on their own buying experience in the 70s. Dun buy.
  • Praise 1

Since you already make up your mind, juz buy Harrier lor.

Harrier 1.6 ton,but if can remove some things to offload 200kg will be v good.

I dunno why ppl like forester. I see the design is the most cmi among suv in its class. Only good thing about it is got turbo thats all. Pricing wise yes its competitive but looking at omv and its design of interior and exterior, i rather put my money on other suv. Moreover subaru is not a brand i fond of. I would get the outlander although old engine or new tucson much nicer than forester.

Different people different wants ma.

You like 外在美。

Some like 内在美。

Some money no problem.

Some money big problem.

If put FXT engine in Harrier box on X3 chasis with DSG7 and sells at $120k.... 

How?

[:p]

• Praise 1

You like å¤å¨ç¾ã

Some like åå¨ç¾ã

Some money no problem.

Some money big problem.

How?

140k i also will pay ahhaha

Since got 3 yrs warrant lol

You like å¤å¨ç¾ã

Some like åå¨ç¾ã

Some money no problem.

Some money big problem.

How?

Dsg?;?!?;!?!

Mai la Mai la!

• Praise 1

That's quite misinformation there:

High FC - expected for a 2.0 Turbo with AWD. It's how much you willing to buffer for it. it's 9km/l bad?

High Insurance - I'm paying 1k which quite typical for my age for a 2.0 car. It's a Forester not a WRX.

CVT - Chain driven CVT feels different from the rubberband like CVT of the old days, give it a testdrive to know why some say FXT pickup better that Harrier Turbo.

Burn engine oil - Perhaps in older Subarus, the current foresters are okay so far.

Badge (ah beng) - That's a stigma you have to overcome yourself. For me it's very simple. If I buy car to show off, I'd avoid Subaru but I buy car to enjoy driving... So any Tom dick harry brand I don't care. Hyundai, Suzuki, Mitsubishi and all.

Was told MI will not bring in the turbo variant next year.

Singapore may have to settle for NA unless on indent basis but the price may be so out that it may cost more than Harrier.

That would be my choice for a cheap SUV. 125k for a 1.6L turbo with 175 horses and conti styling.

Plastic trims aren't a big deal for me, as long as the touch points are comfortable. I won't be touching the dashboard or lower door panels when I'm driving, only the seats, the armrest, the steering wheel.

but the transmission is the dreaded dual clutch type.

doesn't help that the airbag is only 2