Firms on watch list for unfair employment practices

Sdf4786k

MOM should share the list mah.. then we can know if we are working in any of those companies.. or at least try not to join those companies.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

MOM should share the list mah.. then we can know if we are working in any of those companies.. or at least try not to join those companies.. 

Wonder why MOM dont expose the list?

isn't that LPPL? the company will tell MOM now can justify that they can't recruit singaporean hence have to hire foreigner.

Might be out of point but bear with me.

Newly passed out registered nurses with a degree commands a basic pay of $2500-3000. Of cos this excludes shift allowances and bonuses. Bonuses should not be considered cos they vary greatly from private sector to public sector so I focus on the basic salary.

I have been a nurse for about 17 years and my basic is more than $5k less than $5.5k and I have both a degree and advanced diploma in my field.

So when I hear stories of basic degree graduates asking for $4k starting pay I just wonder if their expectations are too high. I know that the field is different but perhaps because still the expectations are so different.

I think it is because nursing students tend to start from bottom up meaning even with a degree, a fresh graduate will still have to start from the ground up (from staff nurse to senior staff nurse) and hence we are more accepting of lower initial pay. But of cos some run to other countries once they get the experience so that they get higher pay but that's another story.

For degree holders in other fields perhaps it's because after graduation the post applied for is not a ground post but a management level post or there is assumption of management responsibility hence the expectation of higher pay.

So unless the mindset of new graduates change (start from bottom instead of from somewhere in the middle) there will always be this mismatch between salary expectations so of graduates and what SME employers will give.

And my final statement. Fresh graduate salary of $4k? I only hit that basic after over 10 years as a nurse.

What about doctors? I HEARD when they pass out their salaries are also very low. It's only because they have allowances that the pay seems higher but the hours are terrible. The real money is when they become senior MO or registrar and above when their loans are paid up and their salary is much higher (but it also means they have years of experience already and not a fresh graduate). Same as nurse they start out from bottom as well. But their pay rise is faster than the nurse but that's another topic.

Two cents.

Actually all these is easily explained.

The higher the risk of the job the higher the pay.

The lower the risk of the job the lower the pay.

Nurse job very stable so cant get paid a lot but oon oon jiak bee hoon

teacher also likewise.

$50,000 per day? Can. Drug Dealer no problem.

But very very high risk job

• Praise 1

Actually all these is easily explained.

The higher the risk of the job the higher the pay.

The lower the risk of the job the lower the pay.

Nurse job very stable so cant get paid a lot but oon oon jiak bee hoon

teacher also likewise.

$50,000 per day? Can. Drug Dealer no problem.

But very very high risk job

Also depends how you define sporeans la. Nowadays there are many sporeans around but many of them are new citizen lo.

aiya you like to shift goal posts than shift to kingdom come ba

Teacher cant paid a lot? Thought many teachers are rich? Wonder how much roughly can teacher earned le? Lol.

Nah, teachers dont get paid a lot but they very oon.

So when one is oon, one can make oon plans.

When you plan well and oon, life is fine.

But lets not OT, this thread is not about salaries.

If want to talk salaries go to the other thread.

Edited by Throttle2

my coll told me, a chinese(PRC) singapore based company, slowly slowly remove all the ang mos then born-bred sgreans. Then employ all the new citizen(ex-PRC) wo experience to join in the company do nothing, in order to employ MORE PRC to come into the company.. So basically all r PRCs.. Clever not? [scholar] 

• Praise 1

my coll told me, a chinese(PRC) singapore based company, slowly slowly remove all the ang mos then born-bred sgreans. Then employ all the new citizen(ex-PRC) wo experience to join in the company do nothing, in order to employ MORE PRC to come into the company.. So basically all r PRCs.. Clever not? [scholar] 

Very clever.

But if all are doing nothing then there's really no loss to Singaporeans right? How the company is making money, I don't know tho.

How many of these companies are SMEs?

And why are they flouting the rules? Does MOM look into why? Or that tok kok king knows why?

So why are these companies so desperate to hire foreign workers?

Answer: Because there are no cheaper alternatives. Hiring S'poreans are expensive and employers have to contribute their cpf...more expensive.

Why don't they publish the truth too? Why make these companies look so guilty?

if you have privy salary information of the FT that the bank hires, you will die of envy of all those IT Indian salary 

A Project manager with 8 years experience is on average 15,000 a month. Have not calculate bonus yet.

• Praise 1

think its attitude AND gratitude bro.....sadly, some of these young strawberries have that entitled mentality that they not happy just walk to another company...no biggie

the FTs are hungrier and know they have mouths to feed..

i seen with my own eyes interns behave as if they owe the co a living.  they pick and choose what they want to do....

let me share with you my pain..

I was orientating a newbie. So as a old bird, of course must teach them to troubleshoot and show them what to do in the event it happens again. 

None of those power point presentation hor, real hands on.

Co incidentally , a call came in, same issue. 

I told myself and openly mouth, what luck.. now you can put in practice what I just show you. I will guide u as well. Swee boh ?

Who knows the answer to be...

No lah.. I only want to know how its done but I will not do this because I have not being send to oversea training like you.

Wahhhhh duuuuunnnnnnnn wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Praise 3

let me share with you my pain..

I was orientating a newbie. So as a old bird, of course must teach them to troubleshoot and show them what to do in the event it happens again. 

None of those power point presentation hor, real hands on.

Co incidentally , a call came in, same issue. 

I told myself and openly mouth, what luck.. now you can put in practice what I just show you. I will guide u as well. Swee boh ?

Who knows the answer to be...

No lah.. I only want to know how its done but I will not do this because I have not being send to oversea training like you.

Wahhhhh duuuuunnnnnnnn wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i feel your pain

This is human nature la, people tend to give priority to people from the same country de. Lol. 

• Praise 1

Teacher cant paid a lot? Thought many teachers are rich? Wonder how much roughly can teacher earned le? Lol.

what you are saying is like DJ job. 

The real dough is not the DJ job but the side line for entertainment company and the value of the school name when u do part time tuition..

think its attitude AND gratitude bro.....sadly, some of these young strawberries have that entitled mentality that they not happy just walk to another company...no biggie

the FTs are hungrier and know they have mouths to feed..

i seen with my own eyes interns behave as if they owe the co a living.  they pick and choose what they want to do....

Bo bian.  The cute strawberries see their fellow strawberries in law firms (doing trainee contract hor) earn 6K per month, of course cry mother cry father and expect minimum 4K lor.   [laugh]

If not, how to afford condo, car (read german car hor, doesn't matter if its German peasant car) and look glam while eating at Providore (raffles place).   :D

Edited by Mason016

Bo bian.  The cute strawberries see their fellow strawberries in law firms (doing trainee contract hor) earn 6K per month, of course cry mother cry father and expect minimum 4K lor.   [laugh]

If not, how to afford condo, car (read german car hor, doesn't matter if its German peasant car) and look glam while eating at Providore (raffles place).   :D

nb elite spotted...all those u mention i dream oni [bigcry]  [bigcry]  [grin]

Very clever.

But if all are doing nothing then there's really no loss to Singaporeans right? How the company is making money, I don't know tho.

Singaporean loses their job to those new citizen lo.. 

Singaporean loses their job to those new citizen lo.. 

What jobs?

You said there was no work being done by these foreigners. You mean these Singaporeans were also employed to do nothing?  [confused]

↡ Advertisement