PHV lelong sale coming?

Soya

From yesterday's BT. Wow....3,000 to 4,000 surplus PHV cars to be released into the used car mkt.

post-1105-0-19125100-1505177608_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

New I don't mind but I don't want kenna

bang or turn turtle one or the catch fire

batch.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 11

If they are selling away those 1-2 year old new car at an attractive price, can consider buying one if looking for used car. Cause i guess 1-2 year old car should not be too cui.

If they are selling away those 1-2 year old new car at an attractive price, can consider buying one if looking for used car. Cause i guess 1-2 year old car should not be too cui.

To be precise, 1-2 yr old car w extremely low mileage.....

define cui

Engine still in good condition

Accident-free ?

Not abused ?

No smell of vomit

seat not crumple

Lets hope the usual accident beyond repair will resurface outside of this group of cars.

How reasonable price would be the question. If different by $20,000, I will be tempted.

But honestly, most of the used car dealer would already have first pickings and many would have being taken up liao by the internal staff.

Lets hope the second pickings are still available and in pretty good shape for the bargain hunters

• Praise 2

To be precise, 1-2 yr old car w extremely low mileage.....

Extremely low mileage? It means LCR buy the car and sell?! What a waste. Anyway, are they holding a PHV sales at LCR? If not how people know which cars belong to them are selling in the used car market?!

Guarantee you that you wont find many high mileage ex-PHV cars on second hand market. Suddenly all will have average mileage of 16 to 20k. Magic will happen!

• Praise 8

Guarantee you that you wont find many high mileage ex-PHV cars on second hand market. Suddenly all will have average mileage of 16 to 20k. Magic will happen!

Yes, Singapore is a magical land. :D

I know a magician in the industry. His specialty trick is making those miles disappear.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 8

Why sell? Thot many ppl go drive phv?

from BT

However, the impact on resale values and even new car prices may be mitigated by the high mileage that private-hire cars typically log.

The sales manager for an authorised distributor of Japanese cars said that on average, a one-year-old car depreciates by 20 per cent.

"But if the mileage is higher, then the minimum depreciation is 30 to 35 per cent," said the sales manager, asking not to be named.

lose 20% vs lose 35%,

So ideally speaking with this in mind, if car dealer rewind the odo, its consider criminal breach of Trust.. Which you can proceed to CPIB instead of CASE?

from BT

However, the impact on resale values and even new car prices may be mitigated by the high mileage that private-hire cars typically log.

The sales manager for an authorised distributor of Japanese cars said that on average, a one-year-old car depreciates by 20 per cent.

"But if the mileage is higher, then the minimum depreciation is 30 to 35 per cent," said the sales manager, asking not to be named.

lose 20% vs lose 35%,

So ideally speaking with this in mind, if car dealer rewind the odo, its consider criminal breach of Trust.. Which you can proceed to CPIB instead of CASE?

They will tell u show proof of tampering first. Don't think LCR will tamper the odo. But once it leaves their hands, nobody knows....

From yesterday's BT. Wow....3,000 to 4,000 surplus PHV cars to be released into the used car mkt.

Strange leh... BT seems to be at least 2 weeks late in reporting this.

I saw in Sunday Zao Bao 3 weekends ago reporting this already. It still carried pictures of some dunno Holland area public carpark (among others) where there were row and rows of cars all covered up, reported that all are PHVs without any hirers, so all collecting dust.

That's why already anticipated Cat A COE last week was going down - but just didn't know it went that low.

• Praise 4

Wonder If they wana sell sure will first let go of those that are high mileage and needing replacement for wear and tear...those that are less than 2yrs old and if hit mileage 100k,do you think they will replace the belts before they let go?

Strange leh... BT seems to be at least 2 weeks late in reporting this.

I saw in Sunday Zao Bao 3 weekends ago reporting this already. It still carried pictures of some dunno Holland area public carpark (among others) where there were row and rows of cars all covered up, reported that all are PHVs without any hirers, so all collecting dust.

That's why already anticipated Cat A COE last week was going down - but just didn't know it went that low.

Maybe BT need time to translate from ang mo to 花文?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3