Sony Xperia Series phones

DACH

Turbocharged

Sony is expected to debut a new design language in the coming year, rumored to be called Mirai ("future").

Slim bezels are expected this time given the ultra slim panel displayed by JDI previously as well as other rumors that Sony may start to use OLED.

I have been on Xperia last 3 phones. Arc S, Z1 and now Z3. Z3 has been very reliable and good last 18 months. Never hang, very good quality pics.

Only grouse is Sony Service Centre wanted to charge me $400 to have screen replaced after i accidentally sat on phone, and cracked screen badly. Went to SLS and it cost be $150 to replace. However workmanship not that good as during replacement, sensor displaced and I had to go back twice to have it corrected.

Been using z3 for over 2 yrs, so far so gd. Batt life still gd maybe due to 2nd phone seldom use. For YouTube n internet use mostly

On x5 premium. Somehow cannot put handphone cover. Heat up easily after the last update

You mean Z5 Premium? [laugh]

GFX Bench: Sony H3213 Avenger could be the first Xperia with a dual camera

https://www.gsmarena.com/gfx_bench_sony_h3213_avenger_dual_camera-news-28245.php

Sony is one of the few makers still to adopt the dual camera, but that may soon change with a mid-range device – the Sony Xperia H3213 Avenger. Unfortunately, awesome as it is this is just the code name. We think this could be an XA Ultra device.

The phone sports a 16MP + 8MP camera on the front capable of 4K video capture. The rear camera seems fairly impressive too – a single 21MP sensor that also does 4K video.

Why is not a future flagship then? It’s the Snapdragon 630 chipset paired to 4GB of RAM and 32GB storage. That’s solid foundation for a mid-ranger, but it’s not going to compete with 2018 top dogs.

On the plus side, you’ll get Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. Sony is ahead of most of the competition in that respect.

The screen is a 6” panel with 1080p resolution. 18:9 screens is another thing that Sony is yet to adopt (well, that could change soon). It’s this screen, along with the chipset, that suggests to us that this is a new Ultra model coming to the XA range. “When” and “how much” are questions to be answered another day.

Sony Xperia 2018 smartphone appears online

Benchmark test results show a new Sony Xperia 2018 model. Almost all specs leaked, the device features a Dual selfie camera.

https://en.letsgodigital.org/smartphones/new-sony-xperia-2018/

Sony Xperia 2018 smartphone

The benchmark test shows almost all of the specifications, the device features a 2.2Ghz Snapdragon 630 octa-core processor with 4GB RAM and a Adreno 508 GPU. The new Sony Xperia smartphone runs on Android 8.0 Oreo and features a 6-inch Full HD display (1920×1080 pixels).

Dual selfie camera

One thing Sony smartphones are known for are their camera capabilities. This Sony Xperia phone comes with a dual-front camera with 16 megapixel and 8 megapixel resolution. Furthermore, a 21 megapixel camera is placed at the rear. Both cameras are capable of recording videos in 4K resolution. The Sony H3213 Avender comes with 32GB of internal memory.

It’s likely for this smartphone to appear before the MWC 2018 kicks off. The trade fair will be held from Feb 26 – Mar 1 in Barcelona, Spain.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium News: Successor Gets Bezel-less Display Upgrade

https://www.christianpost.com/news/sony-xperia-xz-premium-news-successor-gets-bezel-less-display-upgrade-208630/

Leaked information about the upcoming Sony Xperia XZ Premium 2 could house a new bezel-less display.

Sony could soon be joining the market of bezel-less smartphones with the release of their upcoming successor of the Xperia XZ Premium. Gizmo China reports a leaked photo that contains details of an incoming Sony model with the number H8541, which is expected to be the Xperia XZ Premium 2.

Based on the specifications, the incoming Sony smartphone will sport a 5.7-inch 4K HDR TRILUMINOS display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The Sony smartphone will be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 processor, housing 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage. It will also run on the Android 8.0 Oreo with a 3,420mAh battery.

Sony users should not be intimidated by the battery power, since it is expected to come with Qualcomm's Quick Charge 3.0 technology.

The Sony smartphone will have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS+ GLONASS, and USB Type-C for connectivity options. But the device will be IP65/68 certified, making it dust and water resistant.

It was noticeable that the measurements of the upcoming Sony smartphone were smaller compared to their current Xperia XZ Premium. The Sony H8541 is only 149 x 74 x 7.5 mm, while the Xperia XZ Premium measures 156 x 77 x 7.9 mm. This appears to be a great improvement, given that the new Sony model will have a sleeker structure with a bigger display than the Xperia XZ Premium.

Although Sony will be upping their smartphone game by going bezel-less, there are a couple more features that can be added to their new devices to match with Samsung and Apple.

TechRadar reports that Sony could do better with an upgrade of their cameras to dual lens since their line of smartphones often has lower image quality than other flagship phones in the market.

Another feature that Sony could also improve on is their pre-installed applications. It would be better if Sony gave up their apps that are similar to the Google collection up to space that users can maximize to their liking.

There are talks that Sony is revamping their entire line of smartphones for next year's release, so patrons of the company could expect more than just the Xperia XZ Premium 2 sporting a bezel-less design and other improvements as well.

The new Sony Xperia XZ Premium is anticipated to launch in 2018.

still one step behind................. many brands.

Precisely. Behind the Koreans. Behind the prc. Behind the Taiwanese HTC/google pixel 2 collaboration.

This regarding the camera part is ironic since Sony makes most of the phone camera cmos sensors in the market. They make the hardware but other people do the software or leap ahead faster.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Reckon Sony has to change to be inline with market and consumer expectations.

Am neutral about bezels and screen-to-body ratio etc as I am a lite hp user. Just want a phone that is reliable and can last me for years.  [:)]

Reckon Sony has to change to be inline with market and consumer expectations.

Am neutral about bezels and screen-to-body ratio etc as I am a lite hp user. Just want a phone that is reliable and can last me for years. [:)]

They have to change, else they are going to lose out badly in the market soon.

Precisely. Behind the Koreans. Behind the prc. Behind the Taiwanese HTC/google pixel 2 collaboration.

This regarding the camera part is ironic since Sony makes most of the phone camera cmos sensors in the market. They make the hardware but other people do the software or leap ahead faster.

i guess is what japanese believe that things must be made to last like in the 70s, today people do not use their phone for more than 3 years, contract change every 1-2 years, design change every years, technology change every 6 months, software update every quarter.

i guess is what japanese believe that things must be made to last like in the 70s, today people do not use their phone for more than 3 years, contract change every 1-2 years, design change every years, technology change every 6 months, software update every quarter.

Actually not really. Sony for years updated their flagship every half yearly! While the other manufacturers did it yearly. That's why so many bloody confusing models until no one even knows what's the current flagship model. Unlike note 8 or ip x

My phones mostly use more than 2 years.  :D

↡ Advertisement