Honda Civic 1.6 got Stolen in Boon Teck Road

Keithhiap

Can I just say that u r extremely smart?

I never thought of this

Nah just tot this could give some clues to help others.

Dun think parking fines will get towed away.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Does our LTA or URA ever tow any car for modification or parking offences before?

I would have thought that towing the vehicle will incur high operational costs.... How to recover? 

Nah just tot this could give some clues to help others.

Dun think parking fines will get towed away.

Nice one.

I remembered there is a similar case a few years back where an MCF member also reported that his car was stolen and reported to police.

Turned out the car was parked at the wrong place and he realised out after receiving summon notices.

In the end kena flak by fellow MCF members...

The incident raised alot of question marks:

1) Driver kena dementia? Didn't realise parked wrongly even after a week?

2) Police investigators never sweep the area?
3) CCTV or gantry never pick up? that was years so maybe no gantry and CCTV not advanced
4) URA summon car but system not linked to SPF on stolen/lost vehicle?
5) silly question, can appeal summon with police report?
Edited by Cantina
  • Praise 1

Does our LTA or URA ever tow any car for modification or parking offences before?

I would have thought that towing the vehicle will incur high operational costs.... How to recover? 

I believe that friend's car have illegal mods.

Don't know if they tow cars away for offences in Sg, but can't they follow other countries where the fine includes the towing and storage fees? I'm sure people will pay up since cars are so expensive here.

Last year there was a van at my block. The driver left it there for don't know how many donkey months. The tyres all flat liao and grass were growing around and through it.

I Guess the season parking expired and it started to receive summon tickets. After a month HDB pasted a laminated letter on the windscreen notifying the owner to remove the vehicle and to pay the fines or the vehicle will be impounded 7 days after the date of the letter.

7 days later I came home around 5.30pm just nice see 1 police car, 2 TP bikes and a tow truck preparing to tow the van away. When I reach home and look out my window just nice see the van being towed away already.

Nice one.

I remembered there is a similar case a few years back where an MCF member also reported that his car was stolen and reported to police.

Turned out the car was parked at the wrong place and he realised out after receiving summon notices.

In the end kena flak by fellow MCF members...

The incident raised alot of question marks:

1) Driver kena dementia? Didn't realise parked wrongly even after a week?

2) Police investigators never sweep the area?
3) CCTV or gantry never pick up? that was years so maybe no gantry and CCTV not advanced
4) URA summon car but system not linked to SPF on stolen/lost vehicle?
5) silly question, can appeal summon with police report?

most likely is drunk and cannot remember where he parked when he is sober.

Last year there was a van at my block. The driver left it there for don't know how many donkey months. The tyres all flat liao and grass were growing around and through it.

I Guess the season parking expired and it started to receive summon tickets. After a month HDB pasted a laminated letter on the windscreen notifying the owner to remove the vehicle and to pay the fines or the vehicle will be impounded 7 days after the date of the letter.

7 days later I came home around 5.30pm just nice see 1 police car, 2 TP bikes and a tow truck preparing to tow the van away. When I reach home and look out my window just nice see the van being towed away already.

There's a van in Ubi that's been like that too. But it's been there since more than 5-6 years ago and is still there today.

Maybe owner passed away and no family members around. My neighbor also like that. He passed away but his whole family in Australia. So his flat left there empty and car never touch for many months until they came back.

Maybe owner passed away and no family members around. My neighbor also like that. He passed away but his whole family in Australia. So his flat left there empty and car never touch for many months until they came back.

Hahaha. It was an old uncle. Saw him before.

The old van was a GU plate Toyota liteace.

2 or 3 months after the old van was towed away, he got a new GBA Toyota hiace

Edited by RCTP
  • Praise 1

Free disposal ? :D

Uncle very rich.

Didn't sell the old one for extra cash.

probably over due in road tax and insurance, started to accumulate summons, and must tow to deregister (no insurance and no roadtax, cannot drive into those inspection/deregister location)......

So in total is cheaper to just let them tow. :D

Uncle very rich.

Didn't sell the old one for extra cash.

Wow, i personally also don't know this other then receiving a ticket.

How can my friend find out which tower company ?

Correction, the photo was taken not on the day of lost.

So what happen to the car ? Evaporated ?
  • Praise 1

Next time , got these type of requests must vet them jialat jialat..

We are not their social service volunteers..

Hopefully,Theoldgiraffe will be in charge of the vetting process..

His interrogation skills damn power..[knife]

• Praise 6

So what happen to the car ? Evaporated ?

latest check, road tax expired. means car likely not active on the road... 

post-195148-0-41629900-1513399860_thumb.gif

Next time , got these type of requests must vet them jialat jialat..

We are not their social service volunteers..

Hopefully,Theoldgiraffe will be in charge of the vetting process..

His interrogation skills damn power..[knife]

paging @theoldjaffa

↡ Advertisement