Nose Hair Trimmer

Vratenza

Ah thanks Doc ... next time will look out for those type , but rounded will not be able to zero in to the spot right?? and fat (as in broad) too right ....like I said must have precision in doing it (BTW i also use it for Arm pit hair too)   :a-fun:  but must be accurate   

just remove the battery pack and see if u can change the NiMH battery.

just get those rounded tip baby food scissors. The small ones.

↡ Advertisement

Ah thanks Doc ... next time will look out for those type , but rounded will not be able to zero in to the spot right?? and fat (as in broad) too right ....like I said must have precision in doing it (BTW i also use it for Arm pit hair too)   :a-fun:  but must be accurate   

The baby food scissors, some meant to be small and portable. same length as this type of scissors u are using. This scissors u are using is used to cut thread. my mum was a seamstress so there's always a few in the house.

The rounded edge is also q small, should be able to target a specific area. (there are larger ones that are close to like being handicraft scissors, these are not appropriate)

• Praise 1

If it's just electrical contact point, then just take some alcohol and clean lor. If still cannot, then use sand paper, car polish, etc. Our humid climate throughout the year is more prone to rusts and oxidization. You want to also check whether your phone is exposed to sun and rain.

There are also more plastic parts now used in cars which are less lasting. After 3-5 years, you want to check your plastic fasteners and wiring inside your car still intact or not. [laugh] But cars in SG typically use 5-10 years only, which is not helping our environmental. 

wah, cannot remember my chemistry liao... how does alcohol help actually? really can work arrh?

also, where to find alcohol? cannot use the had liquor right? [laugh]

Actually the parts on both the phone and the cradle, are very narrow/concealed/hidden leh. Not easy to reach at all. I tried to use tissue to clean before, but can't reach...

I just use this one.... served me good for 2 years must have cost me no more than $2/-  .... gotta be careful though... Hell with this battery stuff , some more can use it for cutting other things too and so far did not rust (but I apply vaseline) from time to time to prevent rusting as the bathroom humidity can reach 100% easily at times

the best is one is till I see sometimes those AhPeks or teksi drivers hanging around using coins, really must be a life skillset they have acquired; I tried it but cannot do perfectly     

ha ha... this one at home also have, but like what @lala81 said, this is what wife uses when need to do any sewing one leh. We have another scissor that is longer, narrower (also more pointed/sharper) which i've asked wife to use and help me cut my nose hair... cos i cannot control the scissor well when looking at the mirror...

using coins is for moustache and beard lah. Nose hair can meh?

just remove the battery pack and see if u can change the NiMH battery.

I got tried changing before leh. They use AAA batts. Had changed to GP ones, even when brand new, but still gave problem leh.

It was the same for the siemens we had previously. Made me wonder whether all DECT phones all got problem charging after a while...

I use medical alcohol swaps...easy and convenient because easy accessible to me

but you can buy those spray type electrical contact cleaners. mostly alcohol based anyway.

wah, cannot remember my chemistry liao... how does alcohol help actually? really can work arrh?

Actually the parts on both the phone and the cradle, are very narrow/concealed/hidden leh. Not easy to reach at all. I tried to use tissue to clean before, but can't reach...

ha ha... this one at home also have, but like what @lala81 said, this is what wife uses when need to do any sewing one leh. We have another scissor that is longer, narrower (also more pointed/sharper) which i've asked wife to use and help me cut my nose hair... cos i cannot control the scissor well when looking at the mirror...

• Praise 2

Usually coins using for beard but I saw this "unker" fiddling them in his nose area... maybe I didn't see properly

You good husband, wifey provide all this service :D .... this type of wife cannot find one nowadays :a-m1212: 

I kenna DIY [bigcry]  

• Praise 1

I use medical alcohol swaps...easy and convenient because easy accessible to me

but you can buy those spray type electrical contact cleaners. mostly alcohol based anyway.

oh yah... you v heng lor... so convenient...

how about your chemistry? what's the science behind using alcohol to clean electrical contact point? how does it help huh?

Usually coins using for beard but I saw this "unker" fiddling them in his nose area... maybe I didn't see properly

You good husband, wifey provide all this service :D .... this type of wife cannot find one nowadays :a-m1212:

I kenna DIY [bigcry]  

actually pull nose hair should be quite painful leh... c.f. to beard/moustache... the fella quite brave - if he was really pulling the stunt...

all of a sudden i feel so fortunate. looks like life isn't all too bad [laugh]

You still can say cannot remember, my science was fail one so nothing to remember. [laugh] Don't use whisky or brandy hor, there's sugar content one, later ants come. Just use those in your first aid box, isopropyl alcohol.70% or rubbing alcohol.

Then how, you know the Q-tips that some people use to dig ear wax ? Dip in alcohol then clean. If too rusty and still cannot, then you need steel brush, like those used for cleaning M16.

wah shit... i dun have first aid box at home leh... maybe later i go my office one see have or not [sly]

si bey long no hear isopropyl this type of words liao, still say fail... i only know acid + alkali = salt + water...

aiyoh... pls dun remind me of the dark days of using barrel brush and chamber brush to clean m16... somehow these get ingrained in my brain cells...

Let me try.... :D

Alcohol has 3 properties that I feel is in play here:

1) electrically non-conductive

2) dissolves oil and grim

3) evaporates quickly to leave no trace or residue

When I use alchol swaps to clean, I know that I will not short circuit the contact points or give myself an electrical shock. The alcohol will dissolve all the oil-based grimes but I am guessing the rubbing of the contact points with the cotton bud heads or the swabs helps to remove the oxide layer mechanically too.

I read that in those commercial contact cleaners sprays, they have some acid mixed in to dissolve oxides without any need for physical rubbing.

oh yah... you v heng lor... so convenient...

how about your chemistry? what's the science behind using alcohol to clean electrical contact point? how does it help huh?

actually pull nose hair should be quite painful leh... c.f. to beard/moustache... the fella quite brave - if he was really pulling the stunt...

all of a sudden i feel so fortunate. looks like life isn't all too bad [laugh]

Let me try.... :D

Alcohol has 3 properties that I feel is in play here:

1) electrically non-conductive

2) dissolves oil and grim

3) evaporates quickly to leave no trace or residue

When I use alchol swaps to clean, I know that I will not short circuit the contact points or give myself an electrical shock. The alcohol will dissolve all the oil-based grimes but I am guessing the rubbing of the contact points with the cotton bud heads or the swabs helps to remove the oxide layer mechanically too.

I read that in those commercial contact cleaners sprays, they have some acid mixed in to dissolve oxides without any need for physical rubbing.

wah, quite persuasive your arguments [thumbsup]

But if the metal part of the phone's charging contact point looks to have a bit of rust, then will alcohol help? Rust is iron oxide issit huh? acid will dissolve oxide arrh? so it will reverse rust??

where's my chemistry teacher??

• Praise 1

Alcohol will not do anything for rust.

Rust removers have very strong caustic acid components. In the industrial setting, they use hydrofluoric acid to de-rust metal parts. This hydrofluoric acid literally eats into your bones.

for household rust removing, a small dap of brasso/autosol and cloth to rub out the minor rust using the abrasive action (physical rather than chemical reaction)

wah, quite persuasive your arguments [thumbsup]

But if the metal part of the phone's charging contact point looks to have a bit of rust, then will alcohol help? Rust is iron oxide issit huh? acid will dissolve oxide arrh? so it will reverse rust??

where's my chemistry teacher??

Rust removers have very strong caustic acid components. In the industrial setting, they use hydrofluoric acid to de-rust metal parts. This hydrofluoric acid literally eats into your bones.

for household rust removing, a small dap of brasso/autosol and cloth to rub out the minor rust using the abrasive action (physical rather than chemical reaction)

....Coke also can..After my friend told me about it n I used it on my bike rim..Use it the way like brasso..
  • Praise 1

WD40 should able to remove some rust, but will leave a residue of mineral oil which is not conductive. 

• Praise 1

Because I started this thread in MCF....all the nose hair trimmers sales went up the roof.......so manufacturers stop giving promo.... :D

MCF purchasing power  [thumbsup]  :D

errrr there was a period i saw some hose hair trimmers on sales but now hardly any.... the device not working ? 

• Praise 2

Because I started this thread in MCF....all the nose hair trimmers sales went up the roof.......so manufacturers stop giving promo.... :D

MCF purchasing power  [thumbsup]  :D

老王卖瓜 。。。  its a pity pappy no ask u promote condom  :XD: . 

That big mouth woman will love u deep deep  :D

• Praise 4

MCF purchasing power [thumbsup]:D

Doc, can give brief overview?
↡ Advertisement