Daihatsu Charade GTti

Typhoon125

(edited)

When reach workshop, after Tow, she starts...ha...now still guessing....

:XD:  :XD:  :XD:

angry at you ! 

Long time ago, my car also cannot start. AAS came, mechanic take hammer whack my battery connection a few times --- voila ! 

Edited by Othello
↡ Advertisement

eh eh. same situation as me. my 22 year old car also. turns out battery contacts/adapter corroded, just wash w warm/hot water and then change the head. easier solution i heard can just stuff a piece of copper and make the contacts tight again.

some ppl told me "wah harness all cui alr, the contacts must change tgt w the whole wiring, must find wiring ppl to do"

i listen to them i hor lan. 

:XD:  :XD:  :XD:

angry at you ! 

Long time ago, my car also cannot start. AAS came, mechanic take hammer whack my battery connection a few times --- voila ! 

wow, nice car.

charade (993cc) was my 1st car as a present from my dad right after my ns. really missed this reliable machine and I enjoy

doing some simple engine diy during the weekend.

wow, nice car.

charade (993cc) was my 1st car as a present from my dad right after my ns. really missed this reliable machine and I enjoy

My friend...you still have your Charade?

Supersonic

wow, nice car.

charade (993cc) was my 1st car as a present from my dad right after my ns. really missed this reliable machine and I enjoy

What's your car now?

Every morning, after i turn her on, pump the accelerator a few times, she starts up with no hesitation, what do you think might be the issue? Thanks guys.

post-15705-0-21628700-1523768947_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 3

Workshop will be able to advise you better. But just taking a wild shot - if you haven't changed it within your ownership of this car or the past owner hasn't changed it (sorry didn't have time to scroll back and read earlier posts beyond this page), look at the fuel pump and other related fuel system components. Similar events happened to my nearly as old Mazda 323 a couple of years back, turned out to be fuel pump. Really nice car by the way, kudos to keeping it in such good condition (a few minor hiccups are to be expected)!

Every morning, after i turn her on, pump the accelerator a few times, she starts up with no hesitation, what do you think might be the issue? Thanks guys.

• Praise 1

Ya...old cars will have hiccups,ordered the fuel pump already and trying to get the MFA sensor as suggested here, will get ny mechanic to install when here, thanks my friend.

If u need a change of workshop let me know. My mech used to work on plenty of old starlets in the past. Think he will like this charade too

• Praise 1

Thanks man....the work shop am going to is mordern...hence i ask questions here...then i try and test...if got old timer work shop...kindly let me know please...i would want to go....

Supersonic

Original fuel pump with motor from Greece, am excited, should solve the hiccups of cant start when cold!

Is the contents intact?

Package looks badly dented.

My friend...you still have your Charade?

sold off my charade long time ago n I am driving a clubman now.

Is the contents intact?

Package looks badly dented.

Fortunately yes....and....problem solved....am happy

sold off my charade long time ago n I am driving a clubman now.

Clubman is nice...
↡ Advertisement