Ridiculous office rules revealed

tudorpapa

last time I was in this company, that was totally unreasonable.

- superiors shouted and verbally abused us

- had to even wash toilets

- cannot go home after office hours

- sometimes cannot go home even on weekends

- had to eat what was given, even its taste bad

- took our liberty away, including toilet break 

- had to follow every instructions even if its seems unreasonable

stayed in the company for 2.5 years and left with great joy!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10

last time kena one company everyday

• Morning assembly must read a chapter of a japanese founder's philosophy, each day one staff take turns to interpret the meaning. 

I really don't mind doing that if I work

for a company like playboy.

:D

knn.. i worked there before.

it's more like slavery instead of a proper job.. [laugh]

• Praise 1

NS?

:D

• Praise 2

Why would you stay for 2.5 years?

At least 20% of my colleagues work for more than 20 years and 15% work for more than 10 years because my company here has no special rules.  LOL.   Some of the female staff wear shorts and slippers to work - I find it very unprofessional.  Surprisingly, the male staff are more welly dressed - in polo and jeans or polo and pants.  So far none of the guy wear slippers or bermuda to work.

The only rules they imposed is that no surfing of net during office hours.

Quite surprised still have companies who don't allow Internet surfing, especially when it can be a necessary resource for work.

Landed a job many years ago where employees were strictly banned from going online. Strange thing was, this was a creative company so there was a constant need for us to source for ideas, references, etc. Having no Internet was really limiting and not surprisingly, the company is no longer around today.

• Praise 1

Quite surprised still have companies who don't allow Internet surfing, especially when it can be a necessary resource for work.

Landed a job many years ago where employees were strictly banned from going online. Strange thing was, this was a creative company so there was a constant need for us to source for ideas, references, etc. Having no Internet was really limiting and not surprisingly, the company is no longer around today.

Company should allow internet surfing but limited to access only? Lol.

some people on my team from China so they always speak in Chinese if possible. I encourage them to use English but it's a lost cause....

There are a 1-2 people on the team who don't understand Chinese... if u use Chinese very often, it tends to spill over to formal discussions sometimes... and the 1-2 guys probably feel very left out...

Would you want to work in a place where everyone speaks gibberish most of the time?

My side.

- No eating of cooked food on own desk. (not even fruit or titbit, but AMDK / AMDL can)

- All bags and personal stuff in the side table, nothing on ur desk floor. (they call it clean desk policy, go away for meeting table must be clean clean too)

- No sticky notes/personal photos ard the side table, only at a designated wall of ur desk. (absolutely nothing allowed, including USB fan & potted plants)

- "Clean" desk required. No clutter on desk. (ours is hot desk concept, end of the day table must be emptied, any personal item found will be disposed off)

- No paper in our personal waste bin. We are a certified environment frenly office by dont know what environment council. (we don't even have personal waste bin)

- Stationary issued once a month only. So have to "pre-order". (we no control on stationary, but since hot desk concept, everyday have to carry case around)

- No food in meeting rooms. (again, except AMDK / AMDL)

- Encouraged to use Cisco Jabber to communicate instead of phone. (we have no physical phone, all on soft phone, so network down don't need to work liao)

- IT always try to use Team Viewer to resolve your pc problem. (sama sama)

- PC is locked down. Cannot install own software. (we can't even use thumb drive, once detected email will be sent to immediate superior)

- No sleeping on own desk. Just recently, the GM of HR kena pok by Director of HR cos hearsay kena caught red-handed sleeping on the job!!! (reasonable lah)

- Normal shirt and pants for guys. Last time have to wear tie also. 5 years ago abolish liao. Weekend, I normally wear sandals, bermudas and t-shirt if required to go back. (no dress code for us, as AM like to come into office in all sort of attire)

- Aircon turned on from 8am to 6pm only. (and no aircon on weekend)

- For production side, if 2 mc per month or more, have to see HR & Ops Manager to explain

- cannot chit chat at reception, as confidential info might be overheard by visitors

Yours very similar to mine. :XD:

• Praise 5

My side.

- No eating of cooked food on own desk.

- All bags and personal stuff in the side table, nothing on ur desk floor.

- No sticky notes/personal photos ard the side table, only at a designated wall of ur desk.

- "Clean" desk required. No clutter on desk.

- No paper in our personal waste bin. We are a certified environment frenly office by dont know what environment council.

- Stationary issued once a month only. So have to "pre-order".

- No food in meeting rooms.

- Encouraged to use Cisco Jabber to communicate instead of phone.

- IT always try to use Team Viewer to resolve your pc problem. Seldom see them ard. Helpdesk is outsourced.

- PC is locked down. Cannot install own software.

- No sleeping on own desk. Just recently, the GM of HR kena pok by Director of HR cos hearsay kena caught red-handed sleeping on the job!!!

- Normal shirt and pants for guys. Last time have to wear tie also. 5 years ago abolish liao. Weekend, I normally wear sandals, bermudas and t-shirt if required to go back.

- Aircon turned on from 8am to 6pm only.

so, eating raw salad and fruits on your desk ok?

If no waste bin, might as well take away the waste bins or don't order any paper? Sometimes there are things when printed, is easier to work on.

• Praise 1

last time kena one company everyday

• Morning assembly must read a chapter of a japanese founder's philosophy, each day one staff take turns to interpret the meaning. 
  • Must wear tie to work, worse still ties are provided by the company (3 diff color strip each with same base color).

You consider very lucky liao.  Last time my client from a Japanese Company  - they have to do morning exercise daily during assembly.  LOL

• Praise 1

Wow!  You solid - still stay for so long.  If me, I'll resign the next day.

Last time I worked in a company, they dun provide toilet paper and soap, we have to bring our own.  Cannot take MC, he will scold us.  They dun provide anything in the pantry except a kettle LOL.  Eat lunch  must quickly come back if not he will scold us too.  He treated us like slave.  I really pity those work permit workers who work under him.    I quit shortly after that.  

I heard someone complained to MOM after I left.

Edited by Dleodleo
  • Praise 4

Last time I worked in a company, they dun provide toilet paper and soap, we have to bring our own.  Cannot take MC, he will scold us.  They dun provide anything in the pantry except a kettle LOL.  Eat lunch  must quickly come back if not he will scold us too.  He treated us like slave.  I really pity those work permit workers who work under him.    I quit shortly after that.  

lol... he was talking abt army la.. you wont understand one ...   [smash]

• Praise 2

His company is big time one hor, i think the biggest in SG, Call  "The Army".  Cannot resign one, all on contract.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

so, eating raw salad and fruits on your desk ok?

If no waste bin, might as well take away the waste bins or don't order any paper? Sometimes there are things when printed, is easier to work on.

Can eat fruits at desk.

Every monday is fruits day. Company provide us with fruits every Monday or Tuesday whichever is the first day of the week. There is an assortment of fruits by the fruits supplier depends on season. I always take banana only. The usual apple and orange also have. Sometimes have grapes, kiwi, cherries and pear.

No cooked food is cos of the smell. And definately no durian in the office. AMDK cant stand durian so its permanently banned. But durian puff or cakes can lah.

I used to always print and print to work on stuff. So had to help save the trees and cut back a lot on printing eversince we are certified as an environment frenly office.

SD(Sustainable Development) will send interns around the office after office hour to check our waste bin and see who never turn off their monitor and computer at the switch. [hur]

His company is big time one hor, i think the biggest in SG, Call  "The Army".  Cannot resign one, all on contract.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

and don't forget. you think leave already hosay liao? wait long long. After you leave, sometimes they will like to ring you up to go back office on weekends. then you have to go back say "hi" to your ex-colleagues. And every year, they also call you back for a 2-week gathering.

want to resign completely also must wait for at least 10 years. :TT_TT:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1