Ridiculous office rules revealed

tudorpapa

Oops.

But you forgot 1 perk leh.

Can take unlimited MC and still get paid.

Unlimited meh?

My time, I was only allowed 30 days a year. I took all 30 days of MC and then had to report back. Doctor refused to give me hospital leave, they only give me MC. So I had to guai guai go back camp.

and don't forget. you think leave already hosay liao? wait long long. After you leave, sometimes they will like to ring you up to go back office on weekends. then you have to go back say "hi" to your ex-colleagues. And every year, they also call you back for a 2-week gathering.

want to resign completely also must wait for at least 10 years. :TT_TT:

That one is call "part time" job liao.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Can eat fruits at desk.

Every monday is fruits day. Company provide us with fruits every Monday or Tuesday whichever is the first day of the week. There is an assortment of fruits by the fruits supplier depends on season. I always take banana only. The usual apple and orange also have. Sometimes have grapes, kiwi, cherries and pear.

No cooked food is cos of the smell. And definately no durian in the office. AMDK cant stand durian so its permanently banned. But durian puff or cakes can lah.

I used to always print and print to work on stuff. So had to help save the trees and cut back a lot on printing eversince we are certified as an environment frenly office.

SD(Sustainable Development) will send interns around the office after office hour to check our waste bin and see who never turn off their monitor and computer at the switch. [hur]

some depts because of their work, need to print out documents. your co does not seem flexible on this.

When I was a trainee in my company, my mentor use the clipboard and hit the back of my head, bang so loud every stared at me :ouch-it-hurts: . also make me go stand in a corner for a few minutes b4 I can come back to sit at my desk, Lunch time made to go packet char kway teow 20 packets for everyone, cannot use paper write must memorize. Aye ham aye hiam, mai ham aye hiam, aye ham mai hiam, mai ham mai hiam, still add mai tao gay, aye tao gay into the combos, [crazy]

some depts because of their work, need to print out documents. your co does not seem flexible on this.

We have recycle bins and secure(confidential) paper recycle bins.

They never stop us from printing. Just encourage to use less paper. And all paper MUST be in the recycle bin and not personal waste bin. Its a habit for most of us to just crush a paper and throw into our own waste bin or try to shoot basketball hoops. So need to make habit change.

We have recycle bins for paper, plastic, glass and metal cans in the office.

When I was a trainee in my company, my mentor use the clipboard and hit the back of my head, bang so loud every stared at me :ouch-it-hurts: . also make me go stand in a corner for a few minutes b4 I can come back to sit at my desk, Lunch time made to go packet char kway teow 20 packets for everyone, cannot use paper write must memorize. Aye ham aye hiam, mai ham aye hiam, aye ham mai hiam, mai ham mai hiam, still add mai tao gay, aye tao gay into the combos, [crazy]

How long was your attachment? 

Can eat fruits at desk.

Every monday is fruits day. Company provide us with fruits every Monday or Tuesday whichever is the first day of the week. There is an assortment of fruits by the fruits supplier depends on season. I always take banana only. The usual apple and orange also have. Sometimes have grapes, kiwi, cherries and pear.

No cooked food is cos of the smell. And definately no durian in the office. AMDK cant stand durian so its permanently banned. But durian puff or cakes can lah.

I used to always print and print to work on stuff. So had to help save the trees and cut back a lot on printing eversince we are certified as an environment frenly office.

SD(Sustainable Development) will send interns around the office after office hour to check our waste bin and see who never turn off their monitor and computer at the switch. [hur]

You most likely working in those Ang Mo foreign banks. 

In our humid and hot weather, over dressed is not only uncomfortable, it also not environmentally friendly because we need to increase AC to cool you down [:p]

However, if you wear slippers and shorts to work, I feel you are not respecting others and the organization you represent (no offense, just my personal opinion only). Unless your company dress code is that way, the environment requires it and everyone wears slippers.

Surely you want to represent your company with the best image and give your client a good impression when they meet you. It also shows that you are serious and respect the meeting. Like you go and attend a wedding reception for example.

I know many claim they don't meet clients. But the fact that they go to work and represent the company, people will judge the company based on the staff there. No different of you checking out the company office you going to work before you decide if you want to join them.  [;)]  

Due to the industry and company nature, have no choice but to wear long sleeve shirts and pants almost everyday. Don't like it at all because I perspire very easily but no choice due to company policies. I sometimes have to blast my table fan to keep myself cool.

Luckily don't have to wear till like this.  :D

155bb32cfcd8e135ded6d69ef1b3aef5--mens-o

last time I was in this company, that was totally unreasonable.

- superiors shouted and verbally abused us

- had to even wash toilets

- cannot go home after office hours

- sometimes cannot go home even on weekends

- had to eat what was given, even its taste bad

- took our liberty away, including toilet break 

- had to follow every instructions even if its seems unreasonable

stayed in the company for 2.5 years and left with great joy!

You forget one point:

Cannot break bond for the 2.5 years else you go to jail. 

lol... he was talking abt army la.. you wont understand one ... [smash]

Actually this company very good cos you can do anything you want.

As long as you don't get caught.

You most likely working in those Ang Mo foreign banks

Yup, working in ang mo company. Not bank thou. Huge parent company. Very very diverse. Got offshore, got shipping, got airline, got soft drink bottling, got properties(entire building), got tea plantation, got motorcar and got farms(goats/cows/sheep/horses).

Although my company not making money, last financial year lost SGD120+ million. But the parent company still very very strong overall.

Yup, working in ang mo company. Not bank thou. Huge parent company. Very very diverse. Got offshore, got shipping, got airline, got soft drink bottling, got properties(entire building), got tea plantation, got motorcar and got farms(goats/cows/sheep/horses).

Although my company not making money, last financial year lost SGD120+ million. But the parent company still very very strong overall.

I always thought it was a HK company...

had a ridiculous rule in my ex-company - no non-halal food in the microwave.

but I don't care, put all sorts of food including pork inside the microwave when no one looking

• Dislike 3

I always thought it was a HK company...

Its a UK company, based in HK.

The scholars here also same as SAF. Got Group's Scholar and local country scholar.

Group's Scholar must have UK or HK passport. Career is super super super high flyer. Director potential. And will be thrown into various division of the company. From marine to airline to tea planting.

Local Scholar is just sponser ur uni studies and bond for 2 years. Prospect is max, Manager only. Usually stay with local company only.

uniform provided, meals all provided (sometimes get double night snack some more), if do well in the training call IPPT got extra bonus, get to go overseas meetings 3 times, if boss happy any time can get extra day offs, some more they make you very fit and healthy.

And most importantly, they never otang your pay chq, every month swee swee on the 10th, sure got pay. This kind of job go where find. [:p][laugh][laugh]

Very good hor

had a ridiculous rule in my ex-company - no non-halal food in the microwave.

but I don't care, put all sorts of food including pork inside the microwave when no one looking

-5 points to you....