Unreliable AD komoco

Terratoss

Is this your 1st car bought from AD?  Service standards of most ADs selling b&b cars are similar.  Just that different customers with different expectations will feel differently...

1st from tan chong. Their carrot knife and your radish head is powerderful.

Thought another AD might have higher integrity but sigh...

↡ Advertisement

PI really depends on luck 

Starsauto was AD for Chevrolet when i bought it ...

Mine,

A long scratch from front passenger door to after the rear passenger door.   Lucky it was very light.

Took my car to run personal errands as road test ! 

But ok lah,  changed a pair of headlights, @ I think is 400++ or was it 600++.  That was after I told them to look at the car next to mine which was older based on license plate ! 

could not have been referring to mine right ... hehehe .... coz i also got a new pair of headlight assemblies after 3 years.

Starsauto was AD for Chevrolet when i bought it ...

could not have been referring to mine right ... hehehe .... coz i also got a new pair of headlight assemblies after 3 years.

U oso har ?   [laugh]

Prime motor or prime car?

What did you buy?

What about your experience?

I thinking to get Prius from them ...

Prime car at Ubi Megamart.

Very professional and transparent. The experience not different from my previous AD experiences. Have bought from Kia, Nissan, VW, Mazda, and visited few others. Most notable is a senior SE from Nissan who went out of his way to show the Elgrand despite me in bermudas with wify, even sending us to the car porch when leaving. Too bad did not like the car up close as it was slightly cheaper than the Vellfire I eventually got. So that was a PI win.

What I do not like is that as the sales team in Prime Cars is small, so delivery of cars are queued up so might take awhile, not possible like 10days after bidded COE kind of speed. I visited the shop every few days after buying to see the progress, haha.

And the PI is not generous with freebies. Definitely not the cheapest, but very reliable like any AD. To me that is most important after reading many unfortunate run-road episodes around here.

• Praise 4

U oso har ?   [laugh]

that was the only thing they readily changed - no questions asked.

must be many ppl changed ... one look and the advisor said that they will go ahead and change !

What I do not like is that as the sales team in Prime Cars is small, so delivery of cars are queued up so might take awhile, not possible like 10days after bidded COE kind of speed. I visited the shop every few days after buying to see the progress, haha.

And the PI is not generous with freebies. Definitely not the cheapest, but very reliable like any AD. To me that is most important after reading many unfortunate run-road episodes around here.

what i do not like is the stupid VITAS ... yesterday called the PI and he tell me still have not done the VITAS yet ... 3 weeks liow ... my current car still got another 3 weeks ... hopefully can make it ... they still have to do the aftermarket install after the VITAS.

Hi all,

my hyundai elantra has reached it's free servicing at 2.25 years. My experience with them isn't that good as they always try to evade changing parts that are showing signs of fault. 

I understand that if I don't service with them, they might or will by all means find reasons not to replace parts if breakdown during warranty period. Their service packages and workmanship is not up to standard as an AD as well.

Anyone has just brought their cars to service elsewhere when car still under warranty?

Never had issues with komoco service and servicing. Only thing is yes it takes quite long. Usually i drop the car of in the morning and come back at 6pm after work to collect. Its just once every 6 months so not really a biggie for me. You can consider opting for their express service in future.

must be many ppl changed ... one look and the advisor said that they will go ahead and change !

what i do not like is the stupid VITAS ... yesterday called the PI and he tell me still have not done the VITAS yet ... 3 weeks liow ... my current car still got another 3 weeks ... hopefully can make it ... they still have to do the aftermarket install after the VITAS.

I got ready stock so never have to go through the VITAS process.

But this is outside the control of any PI, if truly that is the cause of delay. If there is really longer delay, you can get something if you nag and firm enough. But I cannot share much, sorry, as I do not want to get scolding from my SE, haha.

I am really embolden' by this PI buying experience that I would not rule out buying another ride from them in future.

Depends on which AD. So far my experience with C&C, Kah motors and Borneo quite ok.

VW was jialat till i sold my golf

Kah Mtrs was good. Had serviced my CRV 2.4L with them for 6 yrs till late last year sold off the 9yr old car.

During one of the servicing, they even took their initiative to replace the Takata airbag which was recalled.

Edited by Amazon777

Never had issues with komoco service and servicing. Only thing is yes it takes quite long. Usually i drop the car of in the morning and come back at 6pm after work to collect. Its just once every 6 months so not really a biggie for me. You can consider opting for their express service in future.

I also leave it there and come back in evening. Only need to leave earlier to pick up car, morning I try to go down 8am and hand over quick.

I got ready stock so never have to go through the VITAS process.

But this is outside the control of any PI, if truly that is the cause of delay. If there is really longer delay, you can get something if you nag and firm enough. But I cannot share much, sorry, as I do not want to get scolding from my SE, haha.

I am really embolden' by this PI buying experience that I would not rule out buying another ride from them in future.

According to my pi, he told me got stock and chassis number... But been in the vitas que since 28/8 !

Would love to try DIY import but I don't think will have the time in the coming future... Or if my shuttle is good enough to renew coe in 10years time.

I also leave it there and come back in evening. Only need to leave earlier to pick up car, morning I try to go down 8am and hand over quick.

You know there is PI who provides in-house servicing + free pickup and return to your location? Just burn petrol and pay for the oil change. Edited by Ysc3

My car still under warranty. There wont be any chance for express service as issues surfaces every time. If I choose to do express service, definitely it wont be at AD anymore. Waste money.

According to my pi, he told me got stock and chassis number... But been in the vitas que since 28/8 !

Would love to try DIY import but I don't think will have the time in the coming future... Or if my shuttle is good enough to renew coe in 10years time.

You know there is PI who provides in-house servicing + free pickup and return to your location? Just burn petrol and pay for the oil change.

I am not very sure about this VITAS delay but seems like there are other rides in similar situation. Seems like LTA is doing retest on those rides sent in during August period or they have a huge backlog due to new procedure on CEVS thus slow outputs. Rest assured your are not the only one affected. Perhaps those who bought from other PIs during this period can confirm about this delay.

On PI servicing, Jack Cars would send their staff to your house to do pickup and return for servicing, and their own workshop is in Ubi. Very enticing offer when I heard about it from the SE, but the cost was about $8k higher than Prime, so in the end decided not worth it to pay more for this perk.

IMHO, it is QC issue.   How can on newer car "more yellow" than older car.   

After changing until scrap, no issue. 

lucky you did not buy from StarsAuto ...

my optra last time got smoke come out because the oil filter nut dropped off after servicing ... and they told me nothing wrong !!

towed back to them ... and they told me they have fixed the issue.

I really don't know if that was what caused my auto car to "die" on the roads occasionally after the 7th year.

Optra is Chevrolet not Hyundai...and no more StarsAuto but only Alpine is Chevrolet AD

• Praise 1

Optra is Chevrolet not Hyundai...and no more StarsAuto but only Alpine is Chevrolet AD

I was citing servicing by AD in general ... not only Komoco ... relax lah ....

Yeah, same same. But even when i reach at 7.30am always got 1 or 2 ppl infront of me lol. Must be you.

But credit to them that the staff will start serving customer even before the official time of 8am.

Yeah, same same. But even when i reach at 7.30am always got 1 or 2 ppl infront of me lol. Must be you.

But credit to them that the staff will start serving customer even before the official time of 8am.

Not so early haha... usually by the time I call I only get 830 appointment slot, then I will try to reach by 8 to be ahead of those who have 830 slot and reach at 830  :secret-laugh:

I remember once I reached at 830 for a 830 appointment slot, by the time I can leave it's almost 930. Might have been a busy day though.

Not so early haha... usually by the time I call I only get 830 appointment slot, then I will try to reach by 8 to be ahead of those who have 830 slot and reach at 830  :secret-laugh:

I remember once I reached at 830 for a 830 appointment slot, by the time I can leave it's almost 930. Might have been a busy day though.

Tip for you: doesn't matter if your appt is 830am, you can still go at 730am. Cos when u reach there still have to press queue number. So if you are 0000 then you are still the first regardless of your appt time. I also always like that previously.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1