• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
144 replies to this topic | 268 praises

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:01 AM

Daniu82
  • Premium member
    Daniu82
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Alexandra SC should be yes, Kembangan SC no cos you can see everything that they are doing.

Does komoco still remove the camera cable so that owners cannot see what they did upstairs?

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:41 AM

Devilcup
  • Devilcup
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i always go Kembangan for servicing as it is nearer to my place. I did ask for steering wheel alignment and they did it. I think they have more servicing then just tyre, oil change... 

for those major part changes it is still Alexander workshop.

share my experience with outside workshop vs AD,

1) i always like to stay around to make sure the work is done to be safe. But i never have issue with AD workshop from nissan to Hyundai. Anyway problem i just go back and they take a look without much question.

2) Cost:

Outside price 4 litre good quality EO $60 to $70 (buy urself), EO change service $30 - 40, Tyre rotation 10-20

AD price 988 for 4 time, roughly 250 each time, no worry on their service. parts mostly free except wear and tear parts (some parts is free if i am not wrong). on top of the item i mention above, it oso include Clean engine bay, car wash. Air con duct cleaning. 

3) i not sure about hyundai, i got once have issue with my main fan coil unit with my nissan car on sat late morning. My car was almost 2.5 yr old. i immediate call up nissan and went into their workshop after lunch time which their workshop is almost closing. they immediately change my fan coil unit and handover the car in 2 hours for free. no question ask.

bottomline on my exp, if you want cost saving of cos outside. but if you want put car and run off, maybe AD workshop is better.

Edited by Devilcup, 14 March 2019 - 11:42 AM.

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:50 AM

Johnnylim
  • Premium member
    Johnnylim
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i always go Kembangan for servicing as it is nearer to my place. I did ask for steering wheel alignment and they did it. I think they have more servicing then just tyre, oil change... 

for those major part changes it is still Alexander workshop.

share my experience with outside workshop vs AD,

1) i always like to stay around to make sure the work is done to be safe. But i never have issue with AD workshop from nissan to Hyundai. Anyway problem i just go back and they take a look without much question.

2) Cost:

Outside price 4 litre good quality EO $60 to $70 (buy urself), EO change service $30 - 40, Tyre rotation 10-20

AD price 988 for 4 time, roughly 250 each time, no worry on their service. parts mostly free except wear and tear parts (some parts is free if i am not wrong). on top of the item i mention above, it oso include Clean engine bay, car wash. Air con duct cleaning. 

3) i not sure about hyundai, i got once have issue with my main fan coil unit with my nissan car on sat late morning. My car was almost 2.5 yr old. i immediate call up nissan and went into their workshop after lunch time which their workshop is almost closing. they immediately change my fan coil unit and handover the car in 2 hours for free. no question ask.

bottomline on my exp, if you want cost saving of cos outside. but if you want put car and run off, maybe AD workshop is better.

Did they charged you for the steering wheel alignment?

Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:20 PM

Devilcup
  • Devilcup
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Did they charged you for the steering wheel alignment?

nope free. i done it on my 10k servicing

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:10 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think the problem lies in Komoco selling too many cars but not expanding its post sales infrastructure fast enough to cope with the high demand.

But servicing outside will not void the warranty, so I don’t see why one shd return to Komoco to service their cars.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/car-dealers-independent-workshops-warranty-void-9488024

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Autowerkz Remanufacturing Pte Ltd

Autowerkz Remanufacturing Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by SiawSze  |  Neutral Newbie

Service and quality repair work. Affordable and efficient.

Autowerkz Remanufacturing Pte Ltd

Autowerkz Remanufacturing Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by JonAthan_238657  |  Neutral Newbie

My Estima gearbox was giving issues for pass few weeks, but after having it changed to a Japanese imported used one, the car has so far been driving very smoothly and became more responsive. Well done Autowerkz!

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Whitesnail Services, Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: hyundai, unreliable, komoco and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users