Genesis G70

Coolant

singaporean want atas brand.

G70 will slowly die like Infinity Q50 Q70

It's not just Singapore. Everywhere people look at brand first, there is always a perception of which brand is "better". If you are a "lousier" brand, it's hard to sell if you price similar or above the "better" brands.

Q50 is a good car for the price IMO. If I had 180k to choose between 318 or Q50, I would pick Q50.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

It's not just Singapore. Everywhere people look at brand first, there is always a perception of which brand is "better". If you are a "lousier" brand, it's hard to sell if you price similar or above the "better" brands.

Q50 is a good car for the price IMO. If I had 180k to choose between 318 or Q50, I would pick Q50.

until the day hyundai has owners like Harley Davison Bikers that tattoo the logo on their Arm, The marketing people and sales just have to work harder.

Q50 is a good car for the price IMO. If I had 180k to choose between 318 or Q50, I would pick Q50

But if PML price a 320 with poverty specs like a Q50 which way will you swing ?

If KMC was serious and wants to up the game to launch the Genesis brand, they have to start selling cars like how Maybach sells cars.

OR

improved the services and how they sell cars like Next door neighbour volvo.

Currently, Hyundai is perceived as Fish Ball Mee Pok type of cars. 

Good enough to satisfied a day hunger.

But you not looking forward to getting the keys to drive the car at the end of the day because its that good, like your fave steak restaurant that you paid $300 for a slice.

You dont hear your office people speaks of the Elantra that they purchase with so much of a ting of pride with a conversation that goes like... " wah say, I tell you hor, it may not be a BMW but its really nice to drive."

Or, "its so quiet, I bet my car can almost compete with the  Lexus."

Or , on a lesser extend even...

"the stereo from the car that came with it.. ji tomb ji tome ji tome sound of the bass with the sub woofer, quite solid."

Edited by Sdf4786k

Between Infiniti and BMW with comparable specs, it is no brainer to choose BMW for the reason apart from "Brand whoring" is pick up. IMHO, no match.

So, those who want pickup and drive, please do not waste time with Infiniti or Lexus. The clientele for these brands is totally different.

• Praise 1

Between Infiniti and BMW with comparable specs, it is no brainer to choose BMW for the reason apart from "Brand whoring" is pick up. IMHO, no match.

So, those who want pickup and drive, please do not waste time with Infiniti or Lexus. The clientele for these brands is totally different.

Thank you for endorsing my consumer behavior 101 sessions.

We just have to look at the USP and value proposition and acknowledge that branding and what its stands for is what sets it apart.

Luxus for refinement and quietness. So quiet that you literally get away with hit and run ... if you are not totally aware

Honda for it VTEC .. but lately not so much hype about it or lack of it.

BMW for the ultimate driving machine and rear wheel driving dynamics. Not so much for the i218 van pretending to be a BMW with the 1.5 3 cylinder Daihatsu design reincarnation cr-ap  and FRONT wheel drive .

Edited by Sdf4786k

On 218i, I drove these in one of the BMW invites when it was introduced. I can tell you that 218 handles much better than many 2L cars including Lexus SUVs. Pick up is also decent. 

Thank you for endorsing my consumer behavior 101 sessions.

We just have to look at the USP and value proposition and acknowledge that branding and what its stands for is what sets it apart.

Luxus for refinement and quietness. So quiet that you literally get away with hit and run ... if you are not totally aware

Honda for it VTEC .. but lately not so much hype about it or lack of it.

BMW for the ultimate driving machine and rear wheel driving dynamics. Not so much for the i218 van pretending to be a BMW with the 1.5 3 cylinder Daihatsu design reincarnation cr-ap  and FRONT wheel drive .

On 218i, I drove these in one of the BMW invites when it was introduced. I can tell you that 218 handles much better than many 2L cars including Lexus SUVs. Pick up is also decent. 

for that money.. I go for toyota harrier 

singaporean want atas brand.

G70 will slowly die like Infinity Q50 Q70

For me i wouldn't get a Q50 & 70 cos i don't really like the design (both inside and outside). As for BMW, i would go for the Audi or Jag equivalents. For me BMW is now the lowest among the 3 germans and Jag (no offence to BMW fans, just my own personal preference).

Its definitely true (and sad) that in SG many ppl look at brand. For me i prefer NOT to buy what many are already having (same goes for Iphones and Samsungs). So if the G70 is reasonably cheaper than 3 Series/C class (i.e. around $150k, which i think it should), i would likely get the G70 but for the 2L turbo version.

Edited by Kar_lover

For me i wouldn't get a Q50 & 70 cos i don't really like the design (both inside and outside). As for BMW, i would go for the Audi or Jag equivalents. For me BMW is now the lowest among the 3 germans and Jag (no offence to BMW fans, just my own personal preference).

Its definitely true (and sad) that in SG many ppl look at brand. For me i prefer NOT to buy what many are already having (same goes for Iphones and Samsungs). So if the G70 is reasonably cheaper than 3 Series/C class (i.e. around $150k, which i think it should), i would likely get the G70 but for the 2L turbo version.

Based on the last gen of Genesis, it was priced around 5series range and failed miserably.

Being marketed as Hyundai's top model, it will not be fairly priced at $150k but rather around the $200k range and sad to say, it will fail yet again.

Based on the last gen of Genesis, it was priced around 5series range and failed miserably.

Being marketed as Hyundai's top model, it will not be fairly priced at $150k but rather around the $200k range and sad to say, it will fail yet again.

Opps.. Went to read up abit and realize that the G70 is the 3series equivalent. I gotta agree that it probably will be in the $150-$160k but I still don't expect the G70 to do well with that kind of pricing.

Not really true in Europe...

Infiniti Q50 uses MB engine and gearbox.

Yup... there's some agreement on engine development and gearbox development as well... MB also uses the 1.5 Turbo diesel from Renault which is a joint venture with Nissan...

Opps.. Went to read up abit and realize that the G70 is the 3series equivalent. I gotta agree that it probably will be in the $150-$160k but I still don't expect the G70 to do well with that kind of pricing.

Haha yes was about to reply you. The one that was priced at 5 series was G90 which is their top model. Since then there was a G80 and now 70. An SUV version will be out soon.

So you can say that G90 was a 7 series priced at 5 series, G80 is a 5 series priced at 3 (or 4) series and maybe this G70 will be a 3 (or 4) series priced at 1 or 2 series.

• Praise 2

Haha yes was about to reply you. The one that was priced at 5 series was G90 which is their top model. Since then there was a G80 and now 70. An SUV version will be out soon.

So you can say that G90 was a 7 series priced at 5 series, G80 is a 5 series priced at 3 (or 4) series and maybe this G70 will be a 3 (or 4) series priced at 1 or 2 series.

which is 125K to 140K range. And need to see if worth selling at that price. The Agent need to build a whole eco system just to sell Genesis.

Train the mechanic to have the experience to repair a M division type of suspension. Turbo charge and so on and so forth

Have a suite of spare parts available to service the car and logistics available.

Have a workshop with the right tools to maintain the car

Add more space to a different segment of cars / hire more slick sales person.

Create a "Genesis" buying experience 

So a lot of investment involved before earning a single cent.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Oh you mean like the Lady from a good background whose plea to the Judge that her Lexus soundproofing was so good that she couldn't hear her car hit the biker......

G70 3.3 if 220k thereabouts and they bring it in, will be top of my shopping list once my current car expires COE.

XE 3.0S about 240k, so they cant really go above that I assume.

Edited by Ake109

Erm, slight correction. The Genesis that was sold in SG and priced at BMW 520i level was the equivalent of today's G80. The G90 is even bigger.

Oh you mean like the Lady from a good background whose plea to the Judge that her Lexus soundproofing was so good that she couldn't hear her car hit the biker......

G70 3.3 if 220k thereabouts and they bring it in, will be top of my shopping list once my current car expires COE.

XE 3.0S about 240k, so they cant really go above that I assume.

The 400bhp Q50 lists at $250k though, prolly cheaper after discounts and trade-in, which I think is max bang for bucks at the moment.

I think a sub $200k price will be more palatable. If it has enough rear room, it would be on my shopping list too!

The 400bhp Q50 lists at $250k though, prolly cheaper after discounts and trade-in, which I think is max bang for bucks at the moment.

I think a sub $200k price will be more palatable. If it has enough rear room, it would be on my shopping list too!

I was quoted 232k all in for XE 3.0S and 240k for Q50 RS.

sub 200k for the G70 3.3 is a bit hard i think, unless OMV is below 35-40k which is hard.

For about 200-210k, they have my business.

lets go bang table together...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2