Honda Vezel - Part 3

Lightsabre

Internal Moderator

For your reading pleasure

12 ways to zhng your Vezel without breaking the bank

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3360

3360_p1_s_21.jpg
We haven't seen an invasion like this since the Allies stormed Normandy back in 1944. No, we're not talking about war here, we're talking about the ubiquitous Honda Vezel.

These popular crossovers present themselves at every junction and every turn, making it practically impossible to get through two traffic lights without crossing paths with one of them. Plus, with private-hire services like Uber and Grab offering affordable rental schemes, drivers are now able to 'own' a Vezel at a much lower premium.

This leads to a problem for Vezel owners. How do you stand out in a sea of lookalikes? Fret not, here's a list of 12 affordable items you can pick up to zhng your Vezel and enhance your driving experience.

3360_p1_s_15.jpg
spacer.gif
Scuff plates keep the interior of your door sills in mint condition
1. Scuff plates with LED illumination ($180)

Clumsy passengers in high heels constantly scuffing up your door sills will now be a thing of the past, thanks to Premier Auto Pte Ltd's scuff plates. 

These scuff plates not only keep the interior of your door sills in mint condition by protecting them from dings and dents, they also add a touch of elegance to your sweet-looking ride. Bright blue LED lights built into the scuff plates illuminate the flanges of your Vezel's side body panels for a more aesthetically-pleasing cabin.

Premier Auto Pte Ltd is offering a set of four scuff plates at $180, which includes installation. Check out Premier Auto's Honda Vezel scuff plates.

Premier Auto Pte Ltd
Address: 1 Bukit Batok Crescent #03-26 WCEGA Plaza Singapore (658064)
Contact number: +65 6316 9033

3360_p1_s_3.jpg
spacer.gif
A boot tray allows you to store items like wet umbrellas and muddy boots
2. Boot tray ($55)

Storing junk in the trunk couldn't be any easier with SgGarage's Honda Vezel boot tray. Mud, grease, sand and other nasty stuff are a pain in the neck to get rid of, especially when they come into contact with a car's interior.

A boot tray allows you to store items like wet umbrellas and muddy boots, keeping foreign particles off the floor of your boot and making the cleaning process a breeze.

It can also be conveniently removed and washed, which is a whole lot easier than working your fingers to the bone trying to remove grease from your boot.

SgGarage
Address: 11 Yishun Industrial Street 1 #01-119 North Spring Bizhub Singapore (768089)
Contact number: +65 9785 6612

3360_p1_s_16.jpg
spacer.gif
A rear bumper protector protects your boot trim from getting banged up
3. Stainless steel rear bumper protector

Are you constantly loading and unloading heavy equipment? Do you have to be extra cautious when storing heavy items in your boot? 

Panel beating and bodywork can be expensive and time consuming, that's why we've got just the thing for you.

Tri King's rear bumper protector runs the length of the Vezel's rear bumper and is machined from stainless steel, which ensures a durable scuff plate that is able to withstand prolonged abuse. It also adds a rugged off-roader look to your Vezel.

Tri King Car Accessories
Address: 81 Ubi Avenue 4 #01-16 UB.One Singapore (408830)
Contact number: +65 9115 2563/+65 6604 6616
Facebook: www.facebook.com/TriKingCarAccessories

3360_p1_s_17.jpg
spacer.gif
Door visors come in handy for times when you have to crack a window on a rainy day
4. Door visor ($75)

Rain drops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'. Clearly, B.J. Thomas had no idea what door visors do. These unassuming pieces of moulded plastic keep rain water out while you have the windows slightly open. They come in handy for times when you have to crack a window if you're feeling cold on a rainy day, or if you just need some fresh air.

SgGarage is selling a set of door visors for $75, which come with corresponding clips. These durable door visors are designed to withstand the rigours of driving and exposure to the elements, and are estimated to last for more than a decade. Find out more about SgGarage's door visor.

SgGarage
Address: 11 Yishun Industrial Street 1 #01-119 North Spring Bizhub Singapore (768089)

3360_p1_s_18.jpg
spacer.gif
Side steps provide an additional platform for passengers
5. Side step ($380)

Getting into an SUV can be challenging at times, especially for the kids and their grandparents, due to a higher ground clearance and larger wheels. The solution? Get a side step for your Vezel.

Side steps are helpful for pint-sized individuals or occupants who are unable to muster up enough strength to take that big step.

Besides providing an additional platform for passengers to board a higher-riding vehicle, a side step also protects car doors and side panels from stones and dirt kicked up by the tyres.

Premier Auto Pte Ltd
Address: 1 Bukit Batok Crescent #03-26 WCEGA Plaza Singapore (658064)
Contact number: +65 6316 9033

3360_p1_s_7.jpg
spacer.gif
The Steelmate TP-S3E features four anti-theft external sensors with an adjustable alert pressure value range
6. Steelmate TP-S3E External Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

It's common for many drivers to overlook the job of regularly inflating their car tyres since tyres tend to be 'out of sight, out of mind'.

However, properly inflated tyres are safer, give a more comfortable ride and reduce fuel consumption. Couple that with the fact that Honda Vezels do not come with spare tyres, and you have a ticking time bomb waiting to blow.

A quick and easy solution is the Steelmate TP-S3E External Tyre Pressure Monitoring System by ZMC Automotive. It features four anti-theft external sensors with an adjustable alert pressure value range, a flexible display for easy mounting and interchangeable pressure units (bar/PSI). Check out the Steelmate TP-S3E from ZMC Automotive.

ZMC Automotive
Address: 50 Serangoon North Avenue 4 #01-22 First Centre Singapore (555856)
Contact number: +65 6555 3560

3360_p1_s_22.jpg
spacer.gif
A USB hub can help with cable management and charge more smart devices
7. USB port ($40-$100)

Running out of USB ports in your car? Too many of your passengers trying to leech off your car's power? Getting a USB hub can help with cable management while offering a convenient way of charging more smart devices.

SgGarage is offering a USB hub, with a choice of three ports, for the Honda Vezel. The first port connects to Pioneer head units.

The second comprises of two USB ports, which can be used to charge smart devices. And the third features a volt meter, which monitors the health of the car's battery and alternator. Purchase one USB port for $40, two for $70 and three for $100.

SgGarage

3360_p1_s_9.jpg
spacer.gif
The Thinkware F770 is available as a plug-and-play, and as a hardwired version
8. Thinkware F770 in-car camera ($160-$488)

An extra pair of eyes can be instrumental when an unfortunate accident occurs. This is why we recommend the Thinkware F770 in-car camera.

The F770 incorporates new features such as Super Night Vision - a night image correction feature - and Time Lapse, which drastically extends its recording hours while the vehicle is parked overnight.

The F770 features a 1080p full HD front-facing camera and an optional 1080p full HD rear facing camera. It is available as a plug and play, and a hardwired version.

Find out more about the Thinkware F770 from ZMC Automotive.

ZMC Automotive

3360_p1_s_10.jpg
spacer.gif
The StandartPlast is best suited for areas, which experience maximal vibrations
9. StandartPlast Silver Soundproofing ($45)

Road and wind noise are commonplace in less premium cars like the Honda Vezel and can get tiresome. Not to worry, that can be easily fixed with some soundproofing material.

StandartPlast Silver Soundproofing is made from a flexible multi-layered vibration damping material with a butyl rubber-based polymer layer and an aluminium foil outer surface. It comes with a layer of self-adhesive glue for easy installation.

This flexibility allows the StandartPlast to be applied to uneven surfaces while providing maximum vibration damping and doubling up as a sealant. Its waterproof properties prevent water from coming into contact with the chassis, which protects it from corrosion and rust.

Action Auto Pte Ltd
Address: 24 Boon Lay Way #01-68 Trade Hub 21 Singapore (609969)
Contact number: +65 6686 2909

3360_p1_s_20.jpg
spacer.gif
Classic Auto Leather designs and customises leather seat covers to suit all needs and budgets
10. Customised leather upholstery ($650-$1,800)

Tired of the stock upholstery in your Vezel? Customise your own leather seats at Classic Auto Leather today!

The company designs and customises leather seat covers to suit all needs and budgets. Its wide range of high-quality leathers are imported from Germany, Italy and South Africa.

The leathers are durable, hygienic, comfortable, UV-resistant, easy to maintain and dissipate heat easily. They also come with a one-year warranty.

Head down to Classic Auto Leather Pte Ltd to find out more about its customised leather upholstery services.

Classic Auto Leather Pte Ltd
Address: 53 Ubi Avenue 1 #01-02 Paya Ubi Industrial Park Singapore (408934)
Contact number: +65 6293 2384

3360_p1_s_12.jpg
spacer.gif
Matters car mats feature an anti-skid base and a heel pad on the driver's side
11. Matters car mats

Matters car mats are custom-made to fit perfectly in your car. To ensure precision and a perfect fit, the company utilises cutting-edge technologies such as 3D scanners to analyse and obtain a perfect fit for all makes and models. 

Matters car mats also offer more coverage in the interior of your car. Normal car mats only cover the base of the car's interior while Matters' 5D car mats not only cover the base, but the sides as well.

Matters car mats are 100 percent dirt and waterproof, durable, easy to maintain, environmentally-friendly, and feature an anti-skid base and a heel pad on the driver's side.

ZMC Automotive

3360_p1_s_23.jpg
spacer.gif
The Xado 1 Stage New Car Atomic Metal Conditioner provides top level engine protection for new cars
12. Xado 1 Stage New Car Atomic Metal Conditioner

If your Vezel is still in the running-in phase, or if you're planning to purchase one in the near future, Xado helps make the entire process a whole lot smoother.

The Xado 1 Stage New Car Atomic Metal Conditioner provides top level engine protection for new cars. It ensures the accurate adjustment of a new engine's parts during the running-in phase and compensates for wear-out during operation.

A common complaint among Vezel drivers is the car's slow acceleration, which will only get worse over time. No matter how well a car is maintained, high heat and friction cause a car's engine to become worn, scratched, and misshapen over time. The Xado Atomic Metal Conditioner Maximum Twin Turbo with 1 Stage Revitalizant heals frictional damage that goes up to 0.2mm in depth, thanks to a Complex Adaptive Revitalizant (CAR). CAR provides anti-wear protection, restoration and surface regeneration. 

Rev Solutions Pte Ltd
Address: 74 Sungei Kadut Loop Singapore (729513)
Contact number: +65 6876 1456/+65 9339 1185

This list is just a taste of the level of customisation available for the Honda Vezel. To check out more of these items, head over to the myCarForum Marketplace.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Neutral Newbie

I am looking for a 2nd hand vezel. Budget is not more than 83K. Please pm me if you have it

I am looking for a 2nd hand vezel. Budget is not more than 83K. Please pm me if you have it

• Praise 4

Hi all.. anyone bought Vezel recently? Went to one of the PI, Vezel with no sensing selling at $96k, before leather upgrade and accessories. Added $2.5k for sensing. Is it a good buy?

@khenwooi1 I have a friend intend to sell his Vezel.. I think he bought it in July 2015. Means almost 2 years by now. Not sure the price yet but his Vezel looks as good as new. Price range is $90k. Considering? Need to ask him again though. Edited by Harthen
  • Praise 5

Hi all.. anyone bought Vezel recently? Went to one of the PI, Vezel with no sensing selling at $96k, before leather upgrade and accessories. Added $2.5k for sensing. Is it a good buy?

@khenwooi1 I have a friend intend to sell his Vezel.. I think he bought it in July 2015. Means almost 2 years by now. Not sure the price yet but his Vezel looks as good as new. Price range is $90k. Considering? Need to ask him again though.

Hey bro

You just posted that you are targeting a New Vezel for 96k, and you also posted that your friend's almost 2 year old Vezel is going for 90k ??

The maths is a bit off leh  [laugh]

• Praise 1

@khenwooi1 I have a friend intend to sell his Vezel.. I think he bought it in July 2015. Means almost 2 years by now. Not sure the price yet but his Vezel looks as good as new. Price range is $90k. Considering? Need to ask him again though.

I wouldn't buy a Vezel with optional sensing!! This is because since facelift and Feb 2016 manufacturing date, all Vezels should come with sensing as a standard item / standard feature.

Those saying Sensing is an optional item, and want to package it at an added cost, means their fleet of Vezel is old stock.

Old stock, early Vezels, pre-facelift, pre Feb 2016 manufactured Vezels probably had sensing as an optional feature.

• Praise 4

Hey bro

You just posted that you are targeting a New Vezel for 96k, and you also posted that your friend's almost 2 year old Vezel is going for 90k ??

The maths is a bit off leh [laugh]

Haha oops forgot to add, his vezel is hybrid and with sensing, leather and all the full accessories. Blue color. I am not keen in hybrid so dunno market price.
  • Praise 1

Hey bro

The maths is a bit off leh [laugh]

Its normal for buyers to want high price. De facto market standard is, the moment the car leaves the showroom, it depreciates 20% from purchase price.

I have seen brandnew Vezel Hybrid selling at $99,500 but second hand ones with 20,000km and 7months old asking for $93,000.

Willing buyer willing seller i guess. But dealers will only offer $80,000 to $83,000 for under 1 year old Vezel.

• Praise 1

Please search in sgcarmart. This is more for vezel discussion rather then a place to buy a vezel
  • Praise 4

I wouldn't buy a Vezel with optional sensing!! This is because since facelift and Feb 2016 manufacturing date, all Vezels should come with sensing as a standard item / standard feature.

Those saying Sensing is an optional item, and want to package it at an added cost, means their fleet of Vezel is old stock.

Old stock, early Vezels, pre-facelift, pre Feb 2016 manufactured Vezels probably had sensing as an optional feature.

Ah.. is that so? My PI say its not pre-facelift. Pre-facelift does not have sensing option at all. And post-facelift has such options..
  • Praise 1

Ah.. is that so? My PI say its not pre-facelift. Pre-facelift does not have sensing option at all. And post-facelift has such options..

I just bought a Vezel Z Hybrid yesterday. Dealer also tried to con me by asking me to pay $2,000 extra for sensing. After I forwarded them an article saying new models come with sensing as standard, they withdrew the $2,000 surcharge
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Why are u not keen on hybrid?

Haha oops forgot to add, his vezel is hybrid and with sensing, leather and all the full accessories. Blue color. I am not keen in hybrid so dunno market price.

• Praise 3

Why are u not keen on hybrid?

Yeah, coz hybrid is more expensive. My current car is manual and almost nv gave any issue. Hence my next upgrade is auto car first.. what is your view?
  • Praise 1

So, all post-facelift Vezels (either Petrol or Hybrid) come with Sensing as standard or as an option?

Got PI told me that they have Facelift Vezel without sensing and top up $2k for sensing...

• Praise 2

Twincharged

i am driving the hybrid for the past 8 months and i personally think it is a good investment...  u can look at this page for more info...

Yeah, coz hybrid is more expensive. My current car is manual and almost nv gave any issue. Hence my next upgrade is auto car first.. what is your view?

• Praise 10

I just bought a Vezel Z Hybrid yesterday. Dealer also tried to con me by asking me to pay $2,000 extra for sensing. After I forwarded them an article saying new models come with sensing as standard, they withdrew the $2,000 surcharge

Who is the dealer that con you
  • Praise 1

Since facelift / feb 2016 manufacturing date, all Vezels come with sensing as an add on feature from Honda Japan. It's possible to buy a vezel without sensing.

Pre fl and feb 2016 do not have sensing as an optional feature. Honda has not placed sensing into its Vezels till feb 2016 batch.

However, the latest vezels from honda jap seems to have honda sensing as standard.

To find out when your car is manufactured, take your chassis number and go to this link.

https://jpcenter.ru/month

Edited by K20VTEC
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2