Honda Vezel - Part 3

Lightsabre

Turbocharged

Does anyone hear a knock/clunk in their Vezel?

It happens at low speeds sometimes when i release my foot of the pedal or when i am brake at low speeds. 

I saw a lot of HRV threads complaining about this and saying it was the back shock or the magic seat mechanism. I took out the shock and checked it; it was good. I even drove the vehicle without the shock and still heard it. I pulled the magic seats down and still heard the noise. 

I'm really not sure where it is coming from. When I'm driving it sounds to me like it's coming from the right rear of the vehicle. I had my mechanic sit in the back and he said no it's coming from the front. 

Then he drove the vehicle and I sat in the back and I was really confused as to where it was coming from?

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Being in a remarkably quiet car I get quite obsessive about trying to find unusual rattles or knocking sounds, but I've since discovered that the perception of where the sound is really coming from can vary wildly based on your position in the car. I once pinpointed a rattling sound that I thought was coming from the top left, near where passenger sunvisor would be, to instead be my cup-holder-mounted device holder.

It's the so-called principles of "sound propagation", and in the interior of a car where seats and the interior surfaces and what not are surrounding you, it can really result in sound being reflected multiple ways causing them to seem as if they came from somewhere else rather than their real location...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Dear Bros,

Does anybody know is there any ways we can choose not to run the Hybrid Mode for Vezel hybrid?

Meaning, to deactivate the vehicle to run in Hybrid mode as and when we like

Thanks

• Praise 1

Dear Bros,

Does anybody know is there any ways we can choose not to run the Hybrid Mode for Vezel hybrid?

Thanks

No way to do this . Ev mode is dependent on how you accelerate. I mean its possible to stay in ev mode or regular mode but it depends on your driving style. There is no button for this .

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

A question to Vezel Hybrid owners here - my ride has clocked about 11k now and recently when the charging kicked in while idle, the car would shudder intermittently for a few seconds and is smooth again. It's unpredictable when it will shudder. Anyone observes the same with Vezel Hybrid?

I have sent it to the workshop 3 times and they said normal as there isn't any DTC. I tried troubleshoot myself, i.e. switching off AC, lowering the radio volume, switching off the camera. It still vibrates intermittently while charging at idle.

Edited by Hemohemo
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
Here is the Vezel Hybrid Co2 emission information. 

Hybrid - 86 g/km

Hybrid X - 89.3 g/km

Hybrid X Special Edition - 90.7 g/km

Hybrid Z - 95.9 g/km

Hybrid RS - 99.2 g/km

• Praise 1

Dear Bros,

Thanks

Put the sport mode on, it will not go to EV mode.

Does anyone hear a knock/clunk in their Vezel?

It happens at low speeds sometimes when i release my foot of the pedal or when i am brake at low speeds. 

I saw a lot of HRV threads complaining about this and saying it was the back shock or the magic seat mechanism. I took out the shock and checked it; it was good. I even drove the vehicle without the shock and still heard it. I pulled the magic seats down and still heard the noise. 

I'm really not sure where it is coming from. When I'm driving it sounds to me like it's coming from the right rear of the vehicle. I had my mechanic sit in the back and he said no it's coming from the front. 

Then he drove the vehicle and I sat in the back and I was really confused as to where it was coming from?

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

anyone?

Neutral Newbie

Just received my green Hybrid X 2 weeks ago,

Can i check whats the average FC owners here can achieve for their hybrid?

Im achieving about 17km/L now even with 80/20 HW/City :( Guess i gotta work more on the footing.

• Praise 1

YunKai, on 01 Aug 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

Just received my green Hybrid X 2 weeks ago,

Can i check whats the average FC owners here can achieve for their hybrid?

Im achieving about 17km/L now even with 80/20 HW/City :( Guess i gotta work more on the footing.

It varies depending on how you drive...

I've gotten from 17km/l up to 32km/l

post-187380-0-13984200-1501623253_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

So  i swapped out the Gathers VXM-165 navi that came with my Vezel (because it came pin locked) for a Pioneer 4800bs but I'm not sure how to get the factory camera to work with the new navi

Is there an adapter I can purchase to get the camera to work in the aftermarket navi? Or do I have to get the camera hard wired??

Has anyone had success with a pioneer deck in their Vezel?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Vezel factory camera?

Neutral Newbie

It varies depending on how you drive...

I've gotten from 17km/l up to 32km/l

32km/L ?! thats way much higher than the recommended 24km/L..

• Praise 1

Just put forward the armrest top portion - cushion part

Buy a Vezel side mirror Auto tilt add on accessories. . It's cost abt S$50

Hi buddy, any recommendations to where to install the auto tilt add on? The left mirror is making it very hard for me to park due to the prism :(

• Praise 1

So  i swapped out the Gathers VXM-165 navi that came with my Vezel (because it came pin locked) for a Pioneer 4800bs but I'm not sure how to get the factory camera to work with the new navi

Is there an adapter I can purchase to get the camera to work in the aftermarket navi? Or do I have to get the camera hard wired??

Has anyone had success with a pioneer deck in their Vezel?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Vezel factory camera?

Going to try an adapter and see it it works. 

http://www.world-beatsonic.com/cameras_accessories/honda-backup-camera-adapter-bc29/

The vezel has a HDMI port in the console. I would like to use this HDMI port but the Pioneer does not have the jack to jack in the cable. 

The original cable that runs from the Navi to the HDMI port in the console is a weird cable. I'm not sure what kind of cable it is but I need to get an adapter to plug that into and probably output HDMI

This is what the cable looks like... 

Does any one know what kind of cable this is?

post-187380-0-68297500-1501773429_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andre1288

This adapter requires the factory backup camera connector to be the 8 pin type. I don't recall there is such a factory connector on the vezel. How do you connect it? Do you have a photo of the 8 pin factory connector?

I believe this is it.

Ordered it today. Won't know until it arrives.  I emailed the supplier and they confirmed that it would work with the Vezel. I even sent them this same picture as well as the model of my aftermarket unit (pioneer 4800)

Fingers crossed though!

post-187380-0-54168200-1501820985_thumb.jpg